• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why would you own an assault rifle?

Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it is why the department of defense calls the FBI, the DEA and the US Marshalls CIVILIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES

How many times can a guy be proven wrong in gun debates before he slows down with the ignorant tripe?

How many times can a guy be proven wrong in gun debates before he slows down with the ignorant tripe?

Well who knows

maybe they will revolt and rise up to take guns away

then history will repeat itself

No matter what happens, what we have got
are the assault rifles and they have not :mrgreen:

he and SD get the Black Knight award for this subject

what is he gonna do-bleed on us?

No, he's already explained ad infinitum.
i have seen his angry posts but none which serve to convince us why restrictions on the owning and using of arms are unreasonable
You keep bringing up the same debunked talking points as if the discussion never happened. Have you been around firearms much in your life? Ever changed a magazine on the fly, cleared a jam?
yes. what does that have to do with this discussion?
Most firearms restrictions are nonsensical and only come into play after the crime. The government doesn't typically know when you buy a unlicensed firearm from an unlicensed dealer, and that happens every single day. Same with ammo. The restrictions only serve to restrict those who follow the rules and allow us to add on charges when we catch the perp with an unlicensed firearm.
being able to charge the perp, isn't that a good thing?

more mental masturbation from the left side. lets charge the perp for substantive violations rather than making laws that lots of people who do no objective harm can be charged with and stripped of their gun rights (which of course is a goal of some of the gun banners)

i have seen his angry posts but none which serve to convince us why restrictions on the owning and using of arms are unreasonable

Being completely ineffective is reason enough.

yes. what does that have to do with this discussion?

Well to persist with debunked tripe rather than admit ignorance is tiresome. Also, inexperience with firearms combined with ignorance makes one's position quite irrelevant.

being able to charge the perp, isn't that a good thing?

Not if you think the current laws on the books regarding armed robbery/assault are enough.

Last edited:
Being completely ineffective is reason enough.
seems to be quite effective where they have tried it, such places as england and japan

Well to persist with debunked tripe rather than admit ignorance is tiresome. Also, inexperience with firearms combined with ignorance makes one's position quite irrelevant.
so does my personal ownership of arms since age nine and my military experience give me legitimacy to ask these questions?

Not if you think the current laws on the books regarding armed robbery/assault are enough.
but you presume the perp committed assault/armed robbery. nothing establishes that was the circumstance. maybe his violations consisted of violating laws restricting the possession/use of arms

seems to be quite effective where they have tried it, such places as england and japan

so does my personal ownership of arms since age nine and my military experience give me legitimacy to ask these questions?

but you presume the perp committed assault/armed robbery. nothing establishes that was the circumstance. maybe his violations consisted of violating laws restricting the possession/use of arms

england's rate of gun violence went way up after they banned guns (not just magazines)-only bolt action rifles and shotguns are generally legal there-no pistols no military style rifles

and so you think if magazines are banned-people who refuse to give them up ought to be jailed even if they have no other criminal activity?

that's gonna get a lot of people killed

Homicides in 2009

Handguns 6503

Rifles 352

Shotguns 424

Other not specified 96
or type unknown

Firearms type not stated 1828

Knives or cutting objects 1836

Blunt Objects 623

Personal weapons 815
Hands, fist, feet, pushing, etc.

After hurricane Katrina New Orleans had gangs with AK's and other weapon types. I would very much like to have my own in this situation.

Also this list is not a complete list, didn't put poison, strangling, explosives, and all that jazz in the list.

Last edited:

Source for that claim? Because I know of quite a bit of evidence to the contrary.

You always have that right, regardless of ownership and experience.

Then I would point you to the history of prohibition.

None of that addresses the matter of need, which was your baseless claim to which my 1st post on this thread contradicts.

Please learn the difference between needs and wants, its a big distinction.

I asked you to quote me saying I needed one, which you failed at so you chose to quote the vote. But that vote reflects a want, just as I don't need one for sport but would like one.

EDIT: By the way, what was my lie? I'd love to hear you nail this one down.

Look dude, you were the one that chose "Yes, for self defense" rather than "Yes, for recreational use". If you want to change your vote, you might try pleading your case to a moderator. Until then, you are stuck with the public record of your choice at the top of the page.

Look dude, you were the one that chose "Yes, for self defense" rather than "Yes, for recreational use". If you want to change your vote, you might try pleading your case to a moderator. Until then, you are stuck with the public record of your choice at the top of the page.

what exactly are you doing here when you already admitted you don't feel a need to own such a weapon?

If that is the case, why do they have different weapons restrictions?

because of statist stupidity but doctors have different restrictions on drugs than I do and that doesn't mean they aren't civilians

where is the proof that cops are not civilians

it is why the department of defense calls the FBI, the DEA and the US Marshalls CIVILIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES

Because they are charged with enforcing civilian law.

Because they are charged with enforcing civilian law.

can you prove they are not civilians

I didn't think so

the claim is moronic

what exactly are you doing here when you already admitted you don't feel a need to own such a weapon?

Have you not read the choices in the poll?

can you prove they are not civilians

I didn't think so

the claim is moronic

I already have by pointing out that the police are not bound by the same weapons restrictions as civilians are.

Have you not read the choices in the poll?

more evasive nonsense

what is your purpose here-we get it you don't want to own one-so what else to we need to hear about?

have you figured out that cops, FBI special agents etc are CIVILIANS

can you refute my assertions that they have no greater life to shoot someone than you or I do

I already have by pointing out that the police are not bound by the same weapons restrictions as civilians are.

Uh duh and I have said that is wrong but it also has no relevance to Thunder's idiotic claim that cops are not civilians

I was not basing it on what cops have but what state's have decreed

I didn't think you'd understand but when a state says a TOOL has certain USES it really cannot turn around and deny that same use for people who have the same abilities

because of statist stupidity

Not a believer in the rule of law "counselor"? I have no interest in your unsubstantiated far right opinions that do not adhere to the rule of law.

Not a believer in the rule of law "counselor"? I have no interest in your unsubstantiated far right opinions that do not adhere to the rule of law.

what is interesting about the lefties who come to gun threads is the dishonest way they argue.

one makes an idiotic claim that really was not relevant to my point-the stupid claim being that cops are not civilians

I prove that the claim is moronic and we get this sort of nonsense from you

and the fact is the issue is not whether cops can use different guns than we can-that is a given because of the Hughes Amendment but the real point was that if a government entity claims a weapon has valid self defensive uses by CIVILIANS that same state entity cannot credibly claim that such USES evaporate when other CIVILIANS want to own them because cops and OTHER civilians have the same exact rights of self defense (in reality NON LEO CIVILIANS HAVE MORE in very limited circumstances)

but rather than address my estoppel argument (look it up) you whine about non relevant tangents because you don't have the knowledge to understand the point I make

Uh duh and I have said that is wrong

Yes, that's what you said. What you have not done is show where it is wrong under our rule of law "counselor."

Back
Top Bottom