• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why would Trump do this?

Nickyjo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
What am I missing about Trump’s still minimizing the virus, quarreling with the experts, suggesting that science is wrong without offering alternative theories, etc? What does he gain politically from this? I maintained here previously that Trump missed a political opportunity by not responding Giuliani-like post 9/11, and that behavior seems to be continuing. Any ideas?

What am I missing about Trump’s still minimizing the virus, quarreling with the experts, suggesting that science is wrong without offering alternative theories, etc? What does he gain politically from this? I maintained here previously that Trump missed a political opportunity by not responding Giuliani-like post 9/11, and that behavior seems to be continuing. Any ideas?

He thinks his supporters are so stupid that he simply has to babble stupid things and they cheer him. He actually happens to be right, but it's still pathetic.

His ego. He believes he is smarter than anyone else. I gave up taking President Trump seriously on CV19 many months ago. It is to a point that if the vaccine came out as soon as he is saying, I would question if it is really effective.

He's messed up in the head.

I'm here all week, folks.

Because he minimized it from the beginning and he'll never admit he was wrong.

But what’s the political calculus?

But what’s the political calculus?

There is none. trump doesn't play political chess. Hell, he doesn't even play checkers. He plays pigeon on the chessboard.

Back
Top Bottom