• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why would Time Magazine cite a poll published July 11th . . .[W:25]

Re: Why would Time Magazine cite a poll published July 11th . . .

Moderator's Warning:
Ok, please return to discussing the topic, which is not each other.
Whether or not we should or will intervene in Syria, also isn't the topic.

. . . in an article dated August 27th?

More Americans Have Supported Syrian Air Strikes Than Opposed | TIME.com

Note the wording in the actual link itself -- "new poll." That matches the link title when it comes up in a Google search, and given that the story was acknowledged to be changed, it probably matched the original headline.

July 11th was almost 7 weeks ago. There is much, much more recent polling available, and it shows much less support.

Reuters, for example, conducted Aug 23-25, shows a 12% approval for the "air strikes" Time cites a 49% approval for.

As Syria war escalates, Americans cool to U.S. intervention: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

So, what's the point of this thread?

It is obvious that you, Russia and China are opposed to the USA and its allies punishing Syria for its use of chemical weapons against its own citizens.

Well, you, the Russians, and the Chinese are wasting your breath, because whether you guys like it or not, Syria is going to pay a heavy price for its use of chemical weapons.

Deal with it.

It's not our fight, why would/should we get involved? That never ends well.

Was the WWII Holocaust our fight?

Would you have supported the USA and its allies doing anything to stop that?

No, Japan was our fight, Europe was not.

I thought it was about media bias, how silly of me.

I see no further benefit in interacting with you in the slightest.

If you do just a little research you will find that the USA did a lot of fighting against Nazi Germany and its allies.

If you do just a little research you will find that the USA did a lot of fighting against Nazi Germany and its allies.

I never claimed that we didn't.... :shrug: context means a lot.

I never claimed that we didn't...
. :shrug: context means a lot.

No, what you said was that in WWII the USA's fight was with Japan and I just pointed out that the USA did a lot of fighting against the Nazi Germans and their allies.

No, what you said was that in WWII the USA's fight was with Japan and I just pointed out that the USA did a lot of fighting against the Nazi Germans and their allies.

And what exactly is your point? Not following you here.

davidtaylorjr;1062250404[B said:
]And what exactly is your point?
[/B] Not following you here.

If you don't see the very simple point I am not going to waste my time explaining it to you.

If you don't see the very simple point I am not going to waste my time explaining it to you.

You don't have a point to what I actually said.

Man, go peddle your bull**** somewhere else, I just don't have time to deal with you and your repetitive malarkey today.

I haven't repeated anything. What I find interesting is whenever I ask you an honest question this is what you come back with. Why can't you just answer the question? Wouldn't it be nice to actually have a discussion? You asked me a question, and I answered, then you went off on a tangent, why would you not want to further discuss?

Moderator's Warning:
Ok, please return to discussing the topic, which is not each other.

Whether or not we should or will intervene in Syria, also isn't the topic.

Moderator's Warning:
If you have a question or a comment about an in-thread warning, please either PM the mod or use the "Contact Us" button. Commenting on, questioning or debating mod boxes in-thread is against the rules.

And what exactly is your point? Not following you here.

Germany was our fight in world war two because Nazi Germany declared war on the united states several days after the pearl harbor attack.

to say that germany was not our fight, while ignoring the fact germany declared war on us, is complete nonsense.

It is obvious that you, Russia and China are opposed to the USA and its allies punishing Syria for its use of chemical weapons against its own citizens.

Well, you, the Russians, and the Chinese are wasting your breath, because whether you guys like it or not, Syria is going to pay a heavy price for its use of chemical weapons.

Deal with it.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/170508-should-we-go-into-syria.html

So, what's the point of this thread?

Time Magazine deliberately choosing an out-of-date poll, of course. Question: why? Opinions?

This was all spelled out in my OP and in the subject line, of course. Not sure how that was unclear.

. . . in an article dated August 27th?

More Americans Have Supported Syrian Air Strikes Than Opposed | TIME.com

Note the wording in the actual link itself -- "new poll." That matches the link title when it comes up in a Google search, and given that the story was acknowledged to be changed, it probably matched the original headline.

July 11th was almost 7 weeks ago. There is much, much more recent polling available, and it shows much less support.

Reuters, for example, conducted Aug 23-25, shows a 12% approval for the "air strikes" Time cites a 49% approval for.

As Syria war escalates, Americans cool to U.S. intervention: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

I can explain it in 3 words...

Supporting.... Our.... Messiah...

Germany was our fight in world war two because Nazi Germany declared war on the united states several days after the pearl harbor attack.

to say that germany was not our fight, while ignoring the fact germany declared war on us, is complete nonsense.

We were involved before that, who is to say they would have declared war on us if we weren't already over there?

Back
Top Bottom