• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why wont Trump apologize?

So, do you feel that strategy is working well for him at this point in the race?

No, but Trump is a "go big or go home" kinda guy, and remember too he has no great desire to be POTUS, this is public service.....but with everything Trump it is going to be with him deciding what he will and will not do.

Nobody puts Don in the corner, not ever, if them be the rules then he will go play a different game, one more to his liking.

Last edited:
So, do you feel that strategy is working well for him at this point in the race?

For me. Nope his "strategy" is turning me against him more each day. (and I really dislike Hilary).

- His latest with the "purple heart" and the "crying baby" I found his remarks to be out of line and not funny.

but, just maybe Trump believes his run for office is a joke.:mrgreen:

You know, a good rule of thumb for these situations is to consider the intent of the words before you decide on how you feel about them. Did he mean to offend by the comment? No, he was just making a passing remark about the medal. That is really nothing else to it.

I don't really know what he means. That is the point. He usually just digs in when criticized for his outrageous statements. He rarely ever clarifies and virtually never retracts what he says. And as evidenced by the need for this thread....we know he never apologizes.

I am referring to the things that he says that the majority of Americans, regardless of race, creed, color, or party affiliation agree are inappropriate. The things that the left hones in on and the things that his own supporters, and fellow party members distance themselves from him on.

Like making a joke today about the veteran who presented him with his purple heart, by saying, "I've always wanted one of those......" So inappropriate, disrespectful, and dishonorable to all of those who've been given the medal.

Again, that is too general a reference. It is also a fallacy, an "argument from omniscience," otherwise known as an Argumentum ad populum, claiming that everyone knows something when nothing could be further from the truth.

Why would I say that?

Simply look at the history of this entire campaign. There have been loud and angry protests given massive coverage by the media against Trump...and yet he won the nomination. There have been polls showing he is lagging...and then the polls swing the other way on a dime. There are partisans in this very Forum who seem to post as many threads as possible on every little foible great or small in order to color opinion...and yet most Trump supporters remain immovable.

You wonder why so few of us speak up in response at all? Please don't assume it's because his support has weakened to any great extent. Most Trump supporters are tired of the confrontations. They will express themselves in the voting booth.

So as Exccon has asked;

Specifics. Apologize for what? Once you establish what it is you think needs an apology, we can then discuss whether not such an apology needs be given.

Yes, exactly which statements do you believe he should apologize for and maybe one or more of us will respond. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
I don't really know what he means. That is the point. He usually just digs in when criticized for his outrageous statements. He rarely ever clarifies and virtually never retracts what he says. And as evidenced by the need for this thread....we know he never apologizes.

He probably means he likes the medal and would like to own one. He probably didn't consider what people go through to get it when he made the comment.

No, but Trump is a "go big or go home" kinda guy, and remember that he has no great desire to be POTUS, this is public service.....but with everything Trump it is going to be with him deciding what he will and will not do.

Nobody puts Don in the corner, not ever, if them be the rules he will go play a game more to his liking.
If that is indeed the case, I feel strongly that he will be doing something else after November....which doesn't involve the White House.

He is a narcissist, it is impossible for him.

I once had a narcissist work for me. He was very smart, very good at his job, but would do what he could to ruin anyone who dared tell him he's wrong or get in his way. He tried to ruin my career - it didn't work, of course. After a while, his lies caught up to him and he was discharged from the Navy - and interestingly enough, I had nothing to do with his getting discharged.

The strange thing was, even though he'd tried to ruin my career, I wanted to be the adult in the room and wished him well with a handshake on his way out. He shook my hand and smiled as if he was the most innocent person in the world.

My sympathies for anyone who works with a narcissist...and especially those who work for such.

If that is indeed the case, I feel strongly that he will be doing something else after November....which doesn't involve the White House.

Maybe, I have not decided yet, but even if that comes to pass who can say how it will play out where it matters....what happens to the Rebellion?

I have no visibility on that right now.

It would matter....if you were. Many good people have given up quite a bit to receive one of those. Its insulting to make jokes about it. My best friend, whom I proudly served with during Desert Storm lost an arm and his eyesight to receive a purple heart. He doesn't see it as a joke.

I have to say, I've followed American politics since I was 13 on WS...

I've seen and heard a lot of whacky stuff since then, but re-watching that clip of him saying that he always wanted a Purple Heart might just be the most bizarre thing any politician and candidate has ever said.

Forget about offensive for a second, it's just plain ****ing weird... I mean who says **** like that?

I know a lot of Veterans and it has never occurred to me to say "yeah I wish I got shot too!"

Again, that is too general a reference. It is also a fallacy, an "argument from omniscience," otherwise known as an Argumentum ad populum, claiming that everyone knows something when nothing could be further from the truth.

Why would I say that?

Simply look at the history of this entire campaign. There have been loud and angry protests given massive coverage by the media against Trump...and yet he won the nomination. There have been polls showing he is lagging...and then the polls swing the other way on a dime. There are partisans in this very Forum who seem to post as many threads as possible on every little foible great or small in order to color opinion...and yet most Trump supporters remain immovable.

You wonder why so few of us speak up in response at all? Please don't assume it's because his support has weakened to any great extent. Most Trump supporters are tired of the confrontations. They will express themselves in the voting booth.

So as Exccon has asked;

Yes, exactly which statements do you believe he should apologize for and maybe one or more of us will respond. :coffeepap:

I'm sure you are correct, and that the majority of Americans think that making jokes about purple heart awards is completely acceptable....as is mocking the physically disabled, or saying that his wife has a college degree when she really doesn't, or saying that a judge is disqualified from hearing a case because "he's a Mexican"....when the man in question is a natural-born American citizen. I could go on.....and on.... but it's tiresome.

Has Hillary or Bill ever apologized for anything?

The press would go on an even greater Trump feeding frenzy.

I've seen and heard a lot of whacky stuff since then, but re-watching that clip of him saying that he always wanted a Purple Heart might just be the most bizarre thing any politician and candidate has ever said.

Forget about offensive for a second, it's just plain ****ing weird... I mean who says **** like that?

I know a lot of Veterans and it has never occurred to me to say "yeah I wish I got shot too!"

Guys who were forged during military school.

So glad I could help.

Why would I say that?

So as Exccon has asked;

As someone earlier on already pointed out, Trump's probably a narcissist...and such people simply will not apologize (or if they do, it will be utterly insincere). Thing is, if he's like the one who worked for me and whom I knew very well, Trump won't apologize because he honestly does not believe he has anything to apologize for - such a notion would be (to his mind) preposterous. It simply doesn't matter what he does wrong, to his mind, if he did it or said it, then to his mind, it must not have been wrong...no matter how obviously wrong it is.

Now I could be wrong - maybe he's not a narcissist, maybe he's got a different disorder or maybe we've all been moved to Alice's Wonderland and he's the Red Queen - but he sure reminds me of the narcissist that I knew so well.

Hillary has a much longer record of stonewalling and never apologizing, but that could not possibly be relevant. *SARCASM*

When I heard it, I thought the exact same thing. Initially I wasn't offended at all, I just kept trying to wrap my head around why someone would even make such a remark....who's "always wanted one of those?" Bizarre is a great descriptor.

Hillary has a much longer record of stonewalling and never apologizing, but that could not possibly be relevant. *SARCASM*

This post isn't about Hillary. Please stop trying to deflect. Thank you.

:lamo :lamo

Yes, I am lamo at your lame response, especially as you to never established what they argued was wrong.

I am referring to the things that he says that the majority of Americans, regardless of race, creed, color, or party affiliation agree are inappropriate. The things that the left hones in on and the things that his own supporters, and fellow party members distance themselves from him on.
Still lacking in specifics. Figures.

Like making a joke today about the veteran who presented him with his purple heart, by saying, "I've always wanted one of those......" So inappropriate, disrespectful, and dishonorable to all of those who've been given the medal.
Now you have a specific yet fail to show how it is "inappropriate, disrespectful, and dishonorable to all of those who've been given the medal".

You thinking it is doesn't make it so. Did the guy who gave it to him think it was disrespectful?
All you are saying in regards to this issue is that you are upset because things are not way you want them to be.
You have to bring more than that if you want to convince others you are right.

Since you seem to lack in relevant specifics, lets try this.
Do you think he should apologize to Rosie for calling her a fat pig, and if so, why?

The court of public opinion and common decency had judged Trump to be wrong.
iLOL No, it really hasn't.

This post isn't about Hillary. Please stop trying to deflect. Thank you.

Our willingness or unwillingness to be fair to Trump very much is relevant. Please stop throwing sand in my face. Thank you.

Didn't Bill actually apologize in a national address regarding his actions during the Lewinsky investigations? If I remember correctly he was even in tears when he did so. :lol:

But as I replied to another poster....this thread isn't about the Clintons. Please stop trying to deflect.

You thinking it is doesn't make it so. Did the guy who gave it to him think it was disrespectful?
All you are saying in regards to this issue is that you are upset because things are not way you want them to be.
You have to bring more than that if you want to convince others you are right.
Of course it doesn't make it so. But I do know that many people apparently share my sentiments. One need only search social media, and the interwebz to reach that conclusion.

Since you seem to lack in relevant specifics, lets try this.
Do you think he should apologize to Rosie for calling her a fat pig, and if so, why?
Yes, in any case.....because it's nasty, personal, unnecessary, and uncalled for.........but a big yes if he'd said such things while running for POTUS. Words do matter.

Ah. The nice part of the state. It's a heck of a lot better to live there than down in the Delta. Better food, too.

I like it down here. Great fishing.....Cajun food and seafood out the wazoo. Unfortunately, the humidity here this time of year is the equivalent of Hell on Earth.

I like it down here. Great fishing.....Cajun food and seafood out the wazoo. Unfortunately, the humidity here this time of year is the equivalent of Hell on Earth.

It's hotter and every bit as humid in the Delta - not so much of a breeze as you usually get off the Gulf. That's why I never minded working down in the steam plants in the Navy - it reminded me of home :lol:

Back
Top Bottom