• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why won't Biden and Dems give Trump credit for vaccine?

dobieg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Obviously the Biden administration and Democrats want to take credit for beating the virus but they are still stubbornly refusing to give Trump the credit he deserves for helping get the vaccination produced in record time and accelerating the production and distribution of those vaccines. Doing so would placate many of his followers and more people would get vaccinated. More vaccinations would lead to herd immunity.

So which is more imprtant to Democrats. Beating the virus by simply giving Trump some credit or holding their grudge against Trump?

Obviously the Biden administration and Democrats want to take credit for beating the virus but they are still stubbornly refusing to give Trump the credit he deserves for helping get the vaccination produced in record time and accelerating the production and distribution of those vaccines. Doing so would placate many of his followers and more people would get vaccinated. More vaccinations would lead to herd immunity.

So which is more imprtant to Democrats. Beating the virus by simply giving Trump some credit or holding their grudge against Trump?
Just take the vaccine.

So we should give Trump the credit for work other people did? AKA the scientists and the companies?

Who approved the funds? Who organized and lead the program? Did most of he money produce results? Did it put in place a wide spread vaccination program?

Trump was a bit involved, but the heavy lifting as usual was done by anybody but Trump. So NO.

Yes, I remember how easily and often Trump and the GOP gave credit for all the good Obama did during his eight years. I will write Biden and demand the same level of consideration and acknowledgements for the accomplishments of his predecessor. You should see something coming from the WH very soon!!

🤪

FWIW, slightly more seriously, if that's what it took to get people vaccinated, I'd do it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it would be a meaningless gesture, or else the MAGA contingent are the biggest bunch of whiny crybabies in all of history. If they can't get vaccinated unless Dear Leader is praised, and they're not little girls still in grade school, they have serious issues and a little bit of words from Biden isn't going to solve anything for them.

Your headline is a lie.

Here is Biden giving Trump credit for the vaccine development.

So we should give Trump the credit for work other people did? AKA the scientists and the companies?

Who approved the funds? Who organized and lead the program? Did most of he money produce results? Did it put in place a wide spread vaccination program?

Trump was a bit involved, but the heavy lifting as usual was done by anybody but Trump. So NO.

Where were you?

It probably goes back to teh republicans not giving credit to Obama for killing Bin Laden because he wasn't in the chopper on the raid.

Goose meet gander.

Why won’t trumputin’s Korrupted Kamikaze Kovidiots take the vaccine??

Is it important enough to you to give Trump some credit?
Donald Trump downplayed the threat and deined that it was serious while he also tried to play up hydroxychloroquine and then bleach as a therapy. He deserves no credit. He also downplayed the vaccine when it was available and said that Covid19 would go away on its own.

Your headline is a lie.

I should have expected that and checked. Nice of you to do so and remind us that the OP is just dishonest whining about how mean everyone is to Dear Leader.

Yes, I remember how easily and often Trump and the GOP gave credit for all the good Obama did during his eight years. I will write Biden and demand the same level of consideration and acknowledgements for the accomplishments of his predecessor. You should see something coming from the WH very soon!!

🤪

FWIW, slightly more seriously, if that's what it took to get people vaccinated, I'd do it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it would be a meaningless gesture, or else the MAGA contingent are the biggest bunch of whiny crybabies in all of history. If they can't get vaccinated unless Dear Leader is praised, and they're not little girls still in grade school, they have serious issues and a little bit of words from Biden isn't going to solve anything for them.
Your headline is a lie.

One little sound bite isn't going to cut it when everyone in your adminstration is refusing to acknowledge Trump's contributions.

.....some individuals insist that people are not being vaccinated due to the lack of credit given to former President Donald Trump. During a news conference on July 19, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki rebuked this comment, noting that no evidence is tied to the notion that people are not getting vaccinated because Trump is not being credited.

Punkinhead mismanaged the pandemic so thoroughly that his followers innacurately give him credit for the vaccines and also refuse to get vaccinated as a sign of support for him even though he both caught COVID and got vaccinated later. It boggles the mind.

Donald Trump downplayed the threat and deined that it was serious while he also tried to play up hydroxychloroquine and then bleach as a therapy. He deserves no credit. He also downplayed the vaccine when it was available and said that Covid19 would go away on its own.

So it seems our liberal friends really don't care about defeating the virus as they'd rather hold onto their grudge.

Giving Trump credit for the vaccine is like giving a cowboy with hemorrhoids credit for not riding a horse.

Where were you?

Living in the real world where my countries leader was a positive and consistent leader combating covid19. Unlike Trump.

I keep hearing the bolded from Trump supporters, yet it was the free-market non-warp-speed vaccine (Pfizer) that was first to market, with the warp-speed vaccines following later. So either warp-speed wasn't as efficient as the free-market solutions, or it hindered the delivery of it's vaccines. speed.

This really is comical.

Liberals know that more people would get vaccinated if they gave Trump and his admistration some credit but they'd rather hate Trump even if that means extending the time to defeat the virus.

He got the vaccine to market at warp speed but it quickly turned to operation snails pace with regards to getting shots in arms.

I suppose Trump didn't care much anymore after losing the election.

One little sound bite isn't going to cut it when everyone in your adminstration is refusing to acknowledge Trump's contributions.

I really don't care about the feelings of the "F*** Your Feelings" Trump crowd. Sorry. If they're that big a bunch of whiny snowflakes, nothing anyone can say now will make them feel all better. Maybe we can bulk purchase some blankies for them, so they can snuggle up with that at night.

That soundbite proves your headline is a lie.

So it seems our liberal friends really don't care about defeating the virus as they'd rather hold onto their grudge.
Its about telling the truth of the matter while trying to get 95% of the population vaccinated becefore the delta varient strikes. I'm tired of republican revisionism.

I keep hearing the bolded from Trump supporters, yet it was the free-market non-warp-speed vaccine (Pfizer) that was first to market, with the warp-speed vaccines following later. So either warp-speed wasn't as efficient as the free-market solutions, or it hindered the delivery of it's vaccines. speed.

Although Pfizer didn't receive government funding this spring toward research and development of the vaccine, it nevertheless received one of the largest Operation Warp Speed supply contracts to date on July 21.

That nearly $2 billion contract will pay for 100 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine at a price of $19.50 per dose if the vaccine is OK'd by the Food and Drug Administration. The government also has the option to buy up to 500 million more doses. The other Operation Warp Speed agreements pay for vaccines regardless of FDA approval or authorization.

trump's biggest contribution is that his lies have put this country on the brink of civil war. He can rot in hell for all I care.

Back
Top Bottom