• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why whites can't say the "N word?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original claim of this thread is that whites can't say the "n-word". I demonstrated that was wrong. They can say it quite easily. Then the liberals started assigning rationalizations to the fact, making claims about the intent of the people who were daring to type out the word. It's all ridiculous. Whites can say anything they want to say and it may not, and most typically is not anything to do with any form of racism.

It comes down to the old choice between intelligence and wisdom - the intelligence being the knowledge whether a thing can be done, but the wisdom being the decision as to whether such a thing should be done in the first place. Sure, you can say the N-word all you want, just as you can deny the Holocaust or join that very small but oh-so-vocal chorus of far-right loonies not-so-subtly calling for Obama's assassination...but that doesn't mean that it's wise for you to do so.

It's your FA right to say the N-word all you want - which is why the word itself hasn't been outlawed and never will be - but we liberals are just telling you that going around saying that word simply is not worth the backlash that you will face. Sure, you and I may disagree strongly whether it's right that you will face that backlash...but the fact of the matter is that you WILL face that backlash. It's just not worth it, guy - let it go.

Maybe Jim Croce would have put it best:

"You don't tug on Supeman's cape,
You don't spit into the wind,
You don't pull the mask from the old Lone Ranger
And if you're white you don't go around using the N-word"

No, the addition doesn't fit the meter of the other lyrics, but you do get my point. There's some things that simply aren't worth what will happen as a result. This is one of them. Let it go.

It comes down to the old choice between intelligence and wisdom - the intelligence being the knowledge whether a thing can be done, but the wisdom being the decision as to whether such a thing should be done in the first place. Sure, you can say the N-word all you want, just as you can deny the Holocaust or join that very small but oh-so-vocal chorus of far-right loonies not-so-subtly calling for Obama's assassination...but that doesn't mean that it's wise for you to do so.

Again, I am unsure why you guys are so intent on ignoring it's modern usage.

Most people I know do not like the N-word. It's an ugly word with lots of ugly history, but I'll use it here and there, often to make a point like when I mock a racist. I'm not sure if it should be de-fanged through overuse or simply dropped and no longer used at all. It is just a word, but just like with the Confederate Rebel Flag is more than just a flag, the N-word is much more than just another word.

Moderator's Warning:
Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom