• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why we need to let kids get abortions

Jufarius87 said:
yes, but we allow people to make their own decision as long AS IT DOESNT VIOLATE SOMEONE ELSE'S RIGHTS even libertarians who want no control socially acknowledge that, it would be like if u stabbed someone and then got arrested and claimed that the cops were punishing you "for making your own decision" abortion doesnt make a decision for the mother its when we decide to kill an unconsenting party the worst defilement of cival rights possible
As I explained in my previous post there is still a problem.

Nobody can agree at what stage the fetus is considered a human being.

Maybe we should start with death to find the answer as to when life begins. One is declared dead and no longer a life, once their heart stops beating. At what point does a fetus have a beating heart, maybe that is our answer to when life begins.

*I take full responsibility for my actions - but had I not had the legal option of murder, there would be a beautiful child laughing and playing somewhere today. I do not blame anyone other than myself....I just want to make that clear. Thank you.

kimberlyw said:
Maybe we should start with death to find the answer as to when life begins. One is declared dead and no longer a life, once their heart stops beating. At what point does a fetus have a beating heart, maybe that is our answer to when life begins.
Yes, my opinion is the same. Life begins when the heart starts beating.

the national right to life site (though biased it is facts are not subject to bias) says that a fetus has a heart beat in about 30 dayd if i remember correctly and measurable brain waves at about 45 days

here is the way my logic runs........
in at fertilization an egg is "alive" to some extent as it begins to grow so although i cant prove its human at this point i still beleive it wrong to kill the fetus at this point

but lets look at when its 30-45 days old generally the speaking the EARLIEST a woman will even know she is pregnant
at this point the child has a heart beat and brainwaves this means it is carrying out some of its own life functions and is capable of some thought at this point it should be declared human because it is our unique thought process and for those of us who are religous our souls that make us human

i have heard arguements against this that the thought being carried on by the fetus isnt complicated enough to be considered human and that since the fetus is still dependen on the mother for nutrition it cant be considered an idependent living thing

both of these arguement are wrong and hypocritical as the people who tell these areguement are usually the same people that are for keeping strict rights for the mentally handicapped (who are still human eventhough they are not capable of complex thought either) and for protecting those in accidents who are vegtables who cant even do as much as the fetus and carry out life functions
i will also remind you that born children still depend on their mothers for food in infancy and they are consider human

Jufarius87 said:
here is the way my logic runs........
in at fertilization an egg is "alive" to some extent as it begins to grow so although i cant prove its human at this point i still beleive it wrong to kill the fetus at this point

but lets look at when its 30-45 days old generally the speaking the EARLIEST a woman will even know she is pregnant
at this point the child has a heart beat and brainwaves this means it is carrying out some of its own life functions and is capable of some thought at this point it should be declared human because it is our unique thought process and for those of us who are religous our souls that make us human

i have heard arguements against this that the thought being carried on by the fetus isnt complicated enough to be considered human and that since the fetus is still dependen on the mother for nutrition it cant be considered an idependent living thing

both of these arguement are wrong and hypocritical as the people who tell these areguement are usually the same people that are for keeping strict rights for the mentally handicapped (who are still human eventhough they are not capable of complex thought either) and for protecting those in accidents who are vegtables who cant even do as much as the fetus and carry out life functions
i will also remind you that born children still depend on their mothers for food in infancy and they are consider human
Don't forget every form of parasite that exists. All of them depend directly on others for their survival.

This thread has been beating a dead horse for days now.

Kimberley, you shouldn't feel shame and remorse. You excercised your right to choose. I'm sure you had your reasons. I respect your decision, but you shouldn't feel shame. The past is the past, leave it there.

Moving on to the future, we have yet reached a conclusion in the abortion debate, and I'm assuming that until we find out exactly when life starts, this debate is basically pointless. Pro-lifers are going to be pro-life until science proves them wrong, and pro-choice are going to be pro-choice until science proves them wrong. Asi es la vida.

Why we need to let kids get abortions. That kind of stuff can't keep on happening. Sure it's their fault they got pregnant, but if the kid is going to beat her so she miscarries? That's terrible.

Abortions promote Permiscous behavior in childern.

"Its like saying to childern, its OK if your "sexual" at 14."

"Their going to do it anyway" sarcasm that shows the lack of parenting.

Just for the statistic wise, my brothers friend did a survey at my High School and here were the results:

Average Abortions (per girl): 3
Maxium Abortions (one girl): 8

The girl who had 8 abortions, I knew personally. But 8 people, thats like killing half my family! :hm

Agreed!

Where the hell do you go to school at?

Havelock High, in North Carolina. :rofl :mrgreen:

stsburns said:

"Its like saying to childern, its OK if your "sexual" at 14."

"Their going to do it anyway" sarcasm that shows the lack of parenting.

Just for the statistic wise, my brothers friend did a survey at my High School and here were the results:

Average Abortions (per girl): 3
Maxium Abortions (one girl): 8

The girl who had 8 abortions, I knew personally. But 8 people, thats like killing half my family! :hm

How many average abortions (per boy)?
How many maximum abortions (per boy)?

geekgrrl said:
How many average abortions (per boy)?
How many maximum abortions (per boy)?

Umm... sweety... boys don't get pregnant... they don't have abortions...

Sweetcheeks.... preggers...

I don't have any stats for you so I guess we'll have to wait to see if stsburns has any.

stsburns said:

It's good to see the propaganda machine still hard at work. The above statement is just plain stupid. Are you suggesting that children increase their sexual activity just to have an abortion? Are you implying that children want to get pregnant so they can experience the joy of an abortion?

Actually, I guess I'm the stupid one. I always thought that young girls became pregnant because they never thought it could happen to them (much like AIDS, HIV, etc.), but now I realize it's because they have the opportunity of getting an abortion. Thinking about it, all this talk about abortions has glamorized the issue for me. I wish I was female so that I could have one! In fact, I think every girl in the world should have at least one abortion just to experience the joy involved.

When I was 17 my girlfriend had an abortion. I talked her into it.
We knew that abortion gave us a way out of accepting responsibility for our behavior. With this belief, we kept our immature life style and behaviors. A year later I got her pregnant agene. She had another abortion. I paid for them both.
I've don allot of growing up since then.
I am a die hard pro. lifer today because I know first hand that abortion is murder. Having also given 2 children up for adoption, I know that there is an alternative.
The body of a developing child inside its mother is not merely a part of its mother's body. The mother is the host, to be sure, but the child's body is it's own. The child is its own person: actualy, if not legaly. A mother has the legal right to make medical decisions regarding her child but abortion is the equivalent of walking into a doctors office and asking that doctor to kill your newborn.
When it is your body you can make any choice you want. The body of your unborn child is NOT your body, so you have no moral authority to murder it.
The "choice" is made when you have sex. Abortion is just a cop-out of responsibility at the expense of the innocent.

My girlfriend, who is now my Wife of 6 years, shears this view with me; And trust me when I tell you that when I'm wrong, she lets me know. :spank:

P.S. The 3rd. victim of abortion: Dad.

isnt that the full truth... men dont have the "right" to choose if th wife gets an abortion or not... yet he is fully affected.... he cant become a dad.... thx for the insight :mrgreen:

One other thing:
If anyone needs scientific proof to refute the fact that the unborn child has its own body and is not just another finger or tooth attached to the mother, do this:
The next time you or someone you know has an abortion, have a D.N.A. test run on the fetus.
You will notice that the fetus has its own D.N.A.
The instant just before the egg is fertilized it is, effectively, just another finger or tooth of the mothers body.
The Instant just before the egg is fertilized, sperm is effectively just another finger or tooth of the father's body.
The moment that the sperm fertilizes the egg, the egg is no longer an egg. The two have come together and have formed a new, seprat, 3rd. person.

The perpous of a Woman's physiology is to perform this miracle.
Why do so many women throe their children away?

Busta said:
One other thing:
If anyone needs scientific proof to refute the fact that the unborn child has its own body and is not just another finger or tooth attached to the mother, do this:
The next time you or someone you know has an abortion, have a D.N.A. test run on the fetus.
You will notice that the fetus has its own D.N.A.
The instant just before the egg is fertilized it is, effectively, just another finger or tooth of the mothers body.
The Instant just before the egg is fertilized, sperm is effectively just another finger or tooth of the father's body.
The moment that the sperm fertilizes the egg, the egg is no longer an egg. The two have come together and have formed a new, seprat, 3rd. person.

The perpous of a Woman's physiology is to perform this miracle.
Why do so many women throe their children away?

Refute: I mean establish.

yes yes, i said the same thing! i have a good reply to one of the other abortion threads, similar to what u just said, i forgot name but it's on first page...

Busta said:
When I was 17 my girlfriend had an abortion. I talked her into it.
We knew that abortion gave us a way out of accepting responsibility for our behavior. With this belief, we kept our immature life style and behaviors. A year later I got her pregnant agene. She had another abortion. I paid for them both.
I've don allot of growing up since then.
I am a die hard pro. lifer today because I know first hand that abortion is murder. Having also given 2 children up for adoption, I know that there is an alternative.
The body of a developing child inside its mother is not merely a part of its mother's body. The mother is the host, to be sure, but the child's body is it's own. The child is its own person: actualy, if not legaly. A mother has the legal right to make medical decisions regarding her child but abortion is the equivalent of walking into a doctors office and asking that doctor to kill your newborn.
When it is your body you can make any choice you want. The body of your unborn child is NOT your body, so you have no moral authority to murder it.
The "choice" is made when you have sex. Abortion is just a cop-out of responsibility at the expense of the innocent.

My girlfriend, who is now my Wife of 6 years, shears this view with me; And trust me when I tell you that when I'm wrong, she lets me know. :spank:

P.S. The 3rd. victim of abortion: Dad.

Well, if abortion is murder, you are guilty and should be punished. Have you thrown yourself at the mercy of the court and begged to be thrown in jail for your horrendous crimes? Are you doing everything possible to ensure that your girlfriend who had the abortions spends the rest of her life in prison?

Yes I am guilty.
Yes I will be punished.
There would be no point in throwing myself before the mercy of the courts or pursuing jail time because abortion is legal (and it will stay legal even if Roe -vs- Wayde is over turned).
My punishment will be divine punishment. I have found a truth in my soul that when my time comes to be judged, I will review my life in perfect detail and understanding. On my day of judgment I will experience every influence that my every action and word have caused.
In short, I will experience my children being aborted as thou first hand, with as much realism as they experienced.
In effect: I will be aborted, twice.

I take responsibility for my actions.
I accept the consequences of my actions.
I look forward to my punishment.

Busta said:
Yes I am guilty.
Yes I will be punished.
There would be no point in throwing myself before the mercy of the courts or pursuing jail time because abortion is legal (and it will stay legal even if Roe -vs- Wayde is over turned).
My punishment will be divine punishment. I have found a truth in my soul that when my time comes to be judged, I will review my life in perfect detail and understanding. On my day of judgment I will experience every influence that my every action and word have caused.
In short, I will experience my children being aborted as thou first hand, with as much realism as they experienced.
In effect: I will be aborted, twice.

I take responsibility for my actions.
I accept the consequences of my actions.
I look forward to my punishment.

OK. Then why not let everyone who has or encourages abortions follow the same path? In other words, why not let their creator judge them and issue a punishment?

Back
Top Bottom