• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why We All Should Be A Skeptic...Are You A Good One?

Wrong...the truth is still the truth even if no one believes it...

So then how does anyone know exactly what the truth is? Does it come with the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval?

Coming from jehova’s witnesses thats hilarious.

What do the facts or evidence show? Truth is discerned from there. Not before.
Same with the truth of God's Word...

"Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement,*+ but test the inspired statements* to see whether they originate with God,+ for many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1

Same with the truth of God's Word...

"Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement,*+ but test the inspired statements* to see whether they originate with God,+ for many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1
You're starting with an assumption of truth. That is not skepticism.

You're starting with an assumption of truth. That is not skepticism.
No, I'm not...surely you realize facts are not required to establish truth...

No, I'm not...surely you realize facts are not required to establish truth...
How can something be deemed truth without facts to support it? Without facts, "truth" is just an empty claim.

No, I always believed such doctrines until I studied the Bible for myself to find out they are lies...

So you believed lies once? How can you trust yourself now?

No, thinking you've never believed a lie makes you more gullible...

No, believing a lie shows you are easy to fool. And makes it likely you can be fooled again.

No, believing a lie shows you are easy to fool. And makes it likely you can be fooled again.
If you think you have never believed a lie, you are lying...

Back
Top Bottom