• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why we’re polarized

In a way I feel that Trump is the president America has always deserved. America has kept kicking various cans down the road for centuries, and this is the end of the line. The bill has come due.

One point that americans should consider to help with this is the use of satire. Perhaps americans should try the same trick that england with the Official Monster Raving Loony Party - Wikipedia

and new zealand used with
McGillicuddy Serious Party - Wikipedia

Sometimnes threatening politicians with the idea that if they behave like politics is a circus then the people will start electing clowns to office. Nothing frightens a politician more than competition for their seat.

The reason we're polarized is because Democrats, NeverTrumpers and their propagandist corps in the media have been entirely unwilling to accept the results of the 2016 election. They had the whole thing figured out. They'd gamed every possible scenario and planned for every contingency and then the American voters went and ****ed everything up so now they're pissed off and have no ability whatsoever to be the least bit introspective.

I'll add a couple words to your comment, words that are discussed in the linked book review

then a minority ofAmerican voters went and ****ed everything up so now they're pissed off and have no ability whatsoever to be the least bit introspective.

Dude, get real. Your cult is one of victimization and hate.

Indeed. Ir's caused by the coming shift in the magnetic poles. I know it's affecting me because of my magnetic personality. Prolly not affecting you at all.

Indeed. Ir's caused by the coming shift in the magnetic poles. I know it's affecting me because of my magnetic personality. Prolly not affecting you at all.

lol..

I'll add a couple words to your comment, words that are discussed in the linked book review

then a minority ofAmerican voters went and ****ed everything up so now they're pissed off and have no ability whatsoever to be the least bit introspective.

See, this is part of the left wing inability to accept the results. You guys blame a system we've had in place for 240 years. Try this on for size instead; in America we don't allow the citizens of three major cities elect out president. We provide for ALL states to be represented. It's the way we PROTECT the interests of the citizenry from control by special interest groups and the tyranny of the masses.

See, this is part of the left wing inability to accept the results. You guys blame a system we've had in place for 240 years. Try this on for size instead; in America we don't allow the citizens of three major cities elect out president. We provide for ALL states to be represented. It's the way we PROTECT the interests of the citizenry from control by special interest groups and the tyranny of the masses.

Nice to know, as if I didn't already -- that you are not a fan of democracy. As that "liberal" Mr Ornstein and others have noted, in 20 years' time, 30% of the voters will determine who will be president and which party controls the Senate.

So, just who in your opinion make up that tyrannical mass and who belongs to the citizenry?

FoxNews, much like America is becoming divided also. I have read that Rupert Murdoch is not happy with the president's acts. Hannity, Ingraham, and Dobbs have called for the firing of the Fox reporter who supported the story that Trump called dead veterans "suckers and losers".

I think Murdoch is just being a slimy weasel. There are some people that are actually divided on the issue but Rupert Murdoch owns this. That evil SOB is someone who should not be allowed to escape what he created. Hes a lot like Glenn Beck and Ben Shapiro. This us what i was talking about, the dangers of more oppositional media rehabilitating certain figures. I say alienate murdoch and let him sink with the ship.

Only a few swing states control the outcome now. The current system doesnt do that.

One point that americans should consider to help with this is the use of satire. Perhaps americans should try the same trick that england with the Official Monster Raving Loony Party - Wikipedia

and new zealand used with
McGillicuddy Serious Party - Wikipedia

Sometimnes threatening politicians with the idea that if they behave like politics is a circus then the people will start electing clowns to office. Nothing frightens a politician more than competition for their seat.

We have Vermin Supreme.

Because Dems got their heads up their ass thinking everyone wants to live a life of care free, consequence free life of debauchery that disincentivizes hard work, innovation, and progress.

We are indeed polarized, but not quite enough yet. It's a comin tho! Look at how viciously people attack fox news. You can just not watch, ever consider that? And be honest, network news stations make no attempt to talk across the aisle, they are talking to their bases. When you get comfortable with that truth, life gets easier. Find one that says what you want to hear, and I promise you it exists, and just be joyful with the validation they give you.

And here is a wonderful example of how accurate the op is.

Politics in america has devolved into complaining about the others rather than what one can do.

I agree with the op. the good sheeple of america are being bred to hate each other.

Yep. It's counter productive in a system which has governed by compromise between two parties. The concern I have is we end up going down the road of one party dominance fueled by the kind of animus that continues to destroy political discourse.

Because Dems got their heads up their ass thinking everyone wants to live a life of care free, consequence free life of debauchery that disincentivizes hard work, innovation, and progress.

WHERE do you, and others, get these bizarre beliefs?

Trump obviously. Although this all started with Gingrich and the Republican created propaganda network, Fox News.

What I don't get about Fox is, as it was created to be a republican editorial platform, why did it go radical republican instead of mainstream, centrist republican.

It took a fringe group of people from the radical right, nurtured and grew it until we have the Democracy ending Trumpist movement.

The last Republican I voted for was Slade Gorton. Where have THOSE guys gone? Don't give me Kasich either. Kasich is way further to the right. Kasich is basically the "good guy" because of the Lincoln project, and ONLY because of that. He's certainly more Gingrich than Gorton IMO anyhow.

Don't give me Kasich either. Kasich is way further to the right. Kasich is basically the "good guy" because of the Lincoln project, and ONLY because of that. He's certainly more Gingrich than Gorton IMO anyhow.

He is still better than Trump by 1 million because he is an adult.

He is still better than Trump by 1 million because he is an adult.

Oh I agree on that. I'm just saying he's a LOT more partisan than old Slade was Slade was a Republican that won a lot of democratic voters because he did a good job for our state, and he wasn't nearly the partisan animal of todays D's. Nobody ever questioned Gorton's dedication to Washington state, or that he was a positive force in DC.

Honestly I don't see that Democrats have become so rabidly partisan organically. More of it is in response to the solid unified wall that has been the GOP since Gingrich took out the contract on America. When "the right" unifies so tightly over just a few key issues, when so many other issues there is difference on, what other response is there? Rabid partisanship on one side in a two party system, well it does sort of force the issue, does it not?

Back
Top Bottom