• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why was Martin considered as SUSPICIOUS by Zimmerman?

haymarket

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The entire sad episode of Zimmerman killing Martin began with Zimmerman making a judgement that Martin was suspicious. And he was so seriously suspicious that he even called it in to the local police.

So a simple question: what was Martin doing that warranted him to be judged as suspicious meriting a phone call to report him to the local police?

He resembled people that had been identified as suspects in previous break ins in the neighborhood.

The entire sad episode of Zimmerman killing Martin began with Zimmerman making a judgement that Martin was suspicious. And he was so seriously suspicious that he even called it in to the local police.

So a simple question: what was Martin doing that warranted him to be judged as suspicious meriting a phone call to report him to the local police?

Wearing a hoodie, walking close to houses in a gated neighborhood to which he did not belong. A neighborhood that had many recent burglaries and crime. That is why he was suspicious. Pretty simple really.

Because of people like you. People who obsess over stupid things.

Wearing a hoodie, walking close to houses in a gated neighborhood to which he did not belong. A neighborhood that had many recent burglaries and crime. That is why he was suspicious. Pretty simple really.

Wearing a hoodie is legal and something thousands of people do every day.
How "close to houses" was he exactly?
What does the fact that it was "a gated community" have to do with it? Are the laws different in a gated community?
How do you or Zimmerman know he did "not belong" there? Why did he "not belong there" Where exactly did Martin "belong"?
There was nothing to indicate Martin had anything to do with past criminal history in the neighborhood.

So far, you have nothing.

So again, what was suspicious about Martin?

He was walking in the rain and talking to himself.

Now really Maggie - is that a joke or is that serious?

How many American have walked in the rain? How many people appear to be talking to themselves now with the wonders of the cell phone?

What does the fact that it was "a gated community" have to do with it? Are the laws different in a gated community?
How do you or Zimmerman know he did "not belong" there? Why did he "not belong there" Where exactly did Martin "belong"?
There was nothing to indicate Martin had anything to do with past criminal history in the neighborhood.

You were given the answers, you choose to ignore them. You fail.

especially when posts like this one from you contribute nothing to it.

What? :shock: Me? :shock: I am not the one that started an entire thread with a totally known question, attempting to elicit answers to a factually known question, for the disingenuous purpose of rehashing what a jury has already said "NOT GUILTY" to....I understand you don't like the verdict, but it's over. :peace

Now really Maggie - is that a joke or is that serious?

How many American have walked in the rain? How many people appear to be talking to themselves now with the wonders of the cell phone?

I'm serious. But you want to look for some other sinister reason, so it couldn't possibly be that.

(Just so you know, Haymarket, this isn't personal...I just completely disagree with this. You'll always have my respect . . . even when you're dead wrong. ;))

Attacking me does not provide a rational answer to the question.

Are you sure I was attacking you? I was just saying you, like many, pay attention to stupid things. Like this. And many more. And this trial in general. So yeah. That is actually a valid observation.

You asked what was suspicious, we told you, can't help it if you don't accept it.

one of Zimmerman's black neighbors said it best: "black boys have been robbing houses in the neighborhood. That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin"

Good gawd, you'd be the worst cop in the history of law enforcement.

I got over the "talking to yourself" many years ago. Too much Bluetooth to give a crap anymore.

The only answer haymarket will accept is "because he was a nigger".

His question would be readily available if he just looked at the 911 transcript.

one of Zimmerman's black neighbors said it best: "black boys have been robbing houses in the neighborhood. That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin"

There has been lots of speculation that Z was following M solely because he was black. Yet the dispatch call made by Z, one of the few pieces of hard evidence in the case, indicates otherwise. Z's initial statement had no indication of race, and when pressed by the dispatcher, Z's answer was he looks black. Hardly a definitive statement. It was the news media that extracted chosen words to turn the statement into a racist remark.

It appears that M was acting in a supicious manner and that Z acted accordingly. Nothing more.

Posting photos of an innocent 12 year old rather than more correct ones available., Altering calls and statements. I think Zimmerman has a valid suit.

He was black.

It wasn't wearing a hat in the rain or eating candy.

and if the guy had said that white boys had been robbing houses, GZ would have ignored Trayvon? Come on guys/gals ... I think there's little doubt that if this had not been a young black man GZ would not have bothered ... let's at least be honest about that ... BUT, the jury decided ... they determined there was enough reasonable doubt not to convict and while I may not agree with the verdict, they saw and studied the evidence more than I did, and I'd rather they err on letting a guilty guy go than convicting an innocent one ...

Actually, since you like the zebra stripes of the referee, it was you that failed to point out what those perfectly normal things are considered as "suspicious" to warrant a call into the police.

and if the guy had said that white boys had been robbing houses, GZ would have ignored Trayvon? Come on guys/gals ... I think there's little doubt that if this had not been a young black man GZ would not have bothered ... let's at least be honest about that ... BUT, the jury decided ... they determined there was enough reasonable doubt not to convict and while I may not agree with the verdict, they saw and studied the evidence more than I did, and I'd rather they err on letting a guilty guy go than convicting an innocent one ...

whatever you have to tell yourself........

What? :shock: Me? :shock: I am not the one that started an entire thread with a totally known question, attempting to elicit answers to a factually known question, for the disingenuous purpose of rehashing what a jury has already said "NOT GUILTY" to....I understand you don't like the verdict, but it's over. :peace

If it is a totally known question - perhaps you can provide the answer. The decision of the jury has nothing to do with the question. Nothing.

We already have juror who publicly admitted to disregarding the instructions and orders of the judge.

Back
Top Bottom