• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why US main media streams spend time and money to...

yz89

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Hi,

As I know, US have most powerful world military including NUCLEAR bombs. So, why it's main media streams such as FOX spend time and money to present Iran as most dangerous country? How Iran can be dangerous as more as US can?

Thank you

Because we have a flawed foreign policy where our government has this false notion it has the right to tell other countries what to do.

The media tries to gain the support of the people to go into war.

because America is lead by slightly more sane people than Iran.

Do you mean the sane peoples who killed humans in Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Or maybe you mean that sane peoples who killed Vietnameses?

So, which country is more dangerous? who has these in his workbook or who hasn't.

Last edited:
Do you mean the sane peoples who killed humans in Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Or maybe you mean that sane peoples who killed Vietnamians?

So, which country is more dangerous? who have these in his workbook or who haven't.

what about a country that sacked athens, was a key figure in the slave trade, killed 32,000 romans in one war, has lead countless massacres, been one of the key figures in middle eastern imperialism, and, now we've got out of history and into the present day, has one of the most repressive regimes in the world.

Iran is not a threat to the U.S. nor was Iraq.

So they repress their people. That's the US's business how?

This policing the world is what has gotten us in the trouble we're in today.

what about a country that sacked athens, was a key figure in the slave trade, killed 32,000 romans in one war, has lead countless massacres, been one of the key figures in middle eastern imperialism, and, now we've got out of history and into the present day, has one of the most repressive regimes in the world.

What you told are about ancient not Islamic Iran but what I told are about US in only 60 years ago.

However, what about your sane peoples, Bush and Obama, who kill childs in Iraq? It's present US day

What you told are about ancient not Islamic Iran but what I told are about US in only 60 years ago.

However, what about your sane peoples, Bush and Obama, who kill childs in Iraq? It's present US day

do they endorse the killing of children, do they give specific orders to kill children?

what you're talking about is tragic accidents, not state sanctioned killing.
EXECUTION OF 16 YEARS OLD GIRL OUTRAGES PUBLIC OPINION (Iran Press Service)

are you seriously supporting a state that has stoning as an official execution method, and that while they bury men up to their chests, women get buried up to their necks.
Global outrage builds over Iran stoning | The Australian
Stoning in Iran

Because we have a flawed foreign policy where our government has this false notion it has the right to tell other countries what to do.

The media tries to gain the support of the people to go into war.

Do US citizens know this? Do they go to the war voluntary or there are some forces on them or maybe for money?

Thank you

do they endorse the killing of children, do they give specific orders to kill children?

what you're talking about is tragic accidents, not state sanctioned killing.
EXECUTION OF 16 YEARS OLD GIRL OUTRAGES PUBLIC OPINION (Iran Press Service)

are you seriously supporting a state that has stoning as an official execution method, and that while they bury men up to their chests, women get buried up to their necks.
Global outrage builds over Iran stoning | The Australian
Stoning in Iran

They are criminals but childs aren't criminals but are killing in US wars.

They are criminals but childs aren't criminals but are killing in US wars.

sure they are, they're enemies of the US, they shouldn't be in a country that was overtly aggressive to the US :roll:

you're telling me that a 16 year old girl deserves been stoned to death for "un-islamic behaviour"
that women deserve to be stoned to death for adultery
students deserve to be killed for protesting
that a 13 year old deserves to be stoned for getting pregnant from rape.

and you're trying to draw moral equivocation between that and your unproven claims of childrens deaths in Iraq, you're a disgusting human being.

sure they are, they're enemies of the US, they shouldn't be in a country that was overtly aggressive to the US :roll:

you're telling me that a 16 year old girl deserves been stoned to death for "un-islamic behaviour"
that women deserve to be stoned to death for adultery
students deserve to be killed for protesting
that a 13 year old deserves to be stoned for getting pregnant from rape.

and you're trying to draw moral equivocation between that and your unproven claims of childrens deaths in Iraq, you're a disgusting human being.

In Islam, getting pregnant from adultery is a big crime when they have husband and also doing adultery is a big crime for mens. They don't have to be muslim but they shouldn't do these if they're muslim.

But, what is the crime of that childrens? maybe it's because they want to live in their country and another country want their oils,...

Iran is not a threat to the U.S. nor was Iraq.

So they repress their people. That's the US's business how?

This policing the world is what has gotten us in the trouble we're in today.

Thank you Johnny,

In your experience, is there any hope that US change it's policy from "being boss of the world" to "being helpful to the world"?

Thanks again

In Islam, getting pregnant from adultery is a big crime when they have husband and also doing adultery is a big crime for mens. They don't have to be muslim but they shouldn't do these if they're muslim.

But, what is the crime of that childrens? maybe it's because they want to live in their country and another country want their oils,...

I did not support the Afghan and Iraq wars, lets be clear on this.

However you have failed to properly address what spud meister has said.

When a woman is forced to have sex against her will in this country we call this rape. This is one of the most serious acts of violence against a woman. He claims this woman was stoned to death and further that she was just a child of 13 years. You appear to agree with this.

Stoning to death is torture. Stoning to death a woman who has been raped is torturing a person because they have been subject to an act of violence. Further with the girl being only 13, what has now happened, if what spud meister says is ture, is that a child has been subject to violent assault and then to torture to death by the State.

How can you support these activitys and claim to have any moral high ground?

I've never seen the slightest evidence of that.

Ahmadinejad_1629977c.jpg

On the terror attacks of Sept 11 - March 2010
"The September 11 incident was a big fabrication as a pretext for the campaign against terrorism and a prelude for staging an invasion against Afghanistan."

On Jews - Sept 2007
"I'm not anti-Jew. Jews are respected by everyone, like all human beings, and I respect them very much."

On the Holocaust - Sept 2009
"They (the Western powers) launched the myth of the Holocaust. They lied, they put on a show and then they support the Jews."

On homosexuals - Sept 2007
"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country... In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this."

On George W Bush - June 2008
"This wicked man desires to harm the Iranian nation."

On Osama bin Laden - May 2010
"I heard that Osama bin Laden is in Washington DC...Yes, I did. He's there. Because he was a previous partner of Mr Bush. They were colleagues in fact in the old days. You know that. They were in the oil business together. They worked together. Mr bin Laden never cooperated with Iran but he cooperated with Mr Bush."

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in quotes - Telegraph

Say what you want about Obama, Bush or whoever here in the US, but I'd take any of them over this guy.

Thank you Johnny,

In your experience, is there any hope that US change it's policy from "being boss of the world" to "being helpful to the world"?

Thanks again

I hope so. The problems with Iran got back to when we supported the Shah.

The thing is money made in war for the central banks, big business.

I think dude is crazy. But the more we place sanctions, embargoes and threaten them the more the people unite and see us as an enemy rather than a friend.

That's why I'm an advocate of nonintervention. Trade, negotiate with nations. Talk with leaders but stop invading and forcing our will on others.

Clean up our own "house".

If country A attacks country B we should stay out of it.

"The September 11 incident was a big fabrication as a pretext for the campaign against terrorism and a prelude for staging an invasion against Afghanistan."

On Jews - Sept 2007
"I'm not anti-Jew. Jews are respected by everyone, like all human beings, and I respect them very much."

"They (the Western powers) launched the myth of the Holocaust. They lied, they put on a show and then they support the Jews."

"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country... In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this."

"I heard that Osama bin Laden is in Washington DC...Yes, I did. He's there. Because he was a previous partner of Mr Bush. They were colleagues in fact in the old days. You know that. They were in the oil business together. They worked together. Mr bin Laden never cooperated with Iran but he cooperated with Mr Bush."

Say what you want about Obama, Bush or whoever here in the US, but I'd take any of them over this guy.

I listened to him talk on the holocaust and it was not as reported. I suspect that may be the case pretty often.

I absolutely hate the laws in Iran like stoning women to death and killing gays and forcing gays to have sex changes, those sort of things I hate but as was seen in another thread Iran was well on board to help with the Taliban and with Aq Qaeda.

How Neocons Sabotaged Iran's Help on al-Qaeda - by Gareth Porter

I have also noticed looking at documentaries of Iran that there have been times in the past when she made great moves to genuinely make friends with the west.

It certainly appears that some people in the US may have a reason for not wanting to be friends with her.

I did not support the Afghan and Iraq wars, lets be clear on this.

However you have failed to properly address what spud meister has said.

When a woman is forced to have sex against her will in this country we call this rape. This is one of the most serious acts of violence against a woman. He claims this woman was stoned to death and further that she was just a child of 13 years. You appear to agree with this.

Stoning to death is torture. Stoning to death a woman who has been raped is torturing a person because they have been subject to an act of violence. Further with the girl being only 13, what has now happened, if what spud meister says is ture, is that a child has been subject to violent assault and then to torture to death by the State.

How can you support these activitys and claim to have any moral high ground?

There is no crime with a woman who has been forced to have a sex against her in Islam. Actually, I don't know that 13 years old girl and her story. However, it may be true because some of peoples in Iran specially in away villages don't have any education. They learned their religion from their fathers and mothers and so. They do what they want and then they say: "These are Islam rules?" and unfortunately they think they are right!

On Jews - Sept 2007

We could go back and forth on quotations, but when you look at the actual policies, Iran has outgamed us pretty consistently in the last few years. And they're not bankrupting themselves in a crazed attempt to rule the world, either.

Last edited:
There is no crime with a woman who has been forced to have a sex against her in Islam. Actually, I don't know that 13 years old girl and her story. However, it may be true because some of peoples in Iran specially in away villages don't have any education. They learned their religion from their fathers and mothers and so. They do what they want and then they say: "These are Islam rules?" and unfortunately they think they are right!

I am glad you agree that a person who has been raped, has been forced against her will to have sex, did not commit a crime.

Now what about stoning to death. The very thought makes me sick. This is torture, would you not agree?

We could go back and forth on quotations, but when you look at the actual policies, Iran has outgamed us pretty consistently in the last few years. And they're not bankrupting themselves in a crazed attempt to rule the world, either.

O yes their position has several strong points, the least of which aren't its geography, resources, unconventional military, intelligence service, and this is only strengthened by American presence in Iraq, Afghanistan and throughout the world, which means Iran faces no real threat of invasion since the US has no capacity to do so while maintaining its forces elsewhere.

However when I say that American leaders are more sane than Iran's, I am looking at more than the "Grand Chessboard." Their foreign policies have been pretty successful for them, but their domestic policies leave something to be desired. I think if one looks at the way Iran rules its population and the rights granted to its citizens, than its clearly more insane than American leaders, who are also clearly insane but I believe noticeably less so. So basically I'm weighing domestic policies regarding personal freedoms higher than debt management skills, which obviously the American government is lacking in the extreme.

However when I say that American leaders are more sane than Iran's, I am looking at more than the "Grand Chessboard." Their foreign policies have been pretty successful for them, but their domestic policies leave something to be desired. I think if one looks at the way Iran rules its population and the rights granted to its citizens, than its clearly more insane than American leaders,

or possibly just less of a democracy

As a rule, dictatorships guarantee safe streets and the terror of the
doorbell. In democracy the streets may be unsafe after dark, but
the most likely visitor in the early hours will be the milkman.
Adam Michnik (1998)

O yes their position has several strong points, the least of which aren't its geography, resources, unconventional military, intelligence service, and this is only strengthened by American presence in Iraq, Afghanistan and throughout the world, which means Iran faces no real threat of invasion since the US has no capacity to do so while maintaining its forces elsewhere.

However when I say that American leaders are more sane than Iran's, I am looking at more than the "Grand Chessboard." Their foreign policies have been pretty successful for them, but their domestic policies leave something to be desired. I think if one looks at the way Iran rules its population and the rights granted to its citizens, than its clearly more insane than American leaders, who are also clearly insane but I believe noticeably less so. So basically I'm weighing domestic policies regarding personal freedoms higher than debt management skills, which obviously the American government is lacking in the extreme.

Some good points, but the question was why the American media present Iran as more of a threat to the world than the US. Both countries have some terrible domestic policies (and I would argue that we're less enlightened than we like to believe), but Iran's infringements on personal freedom don't give it the character of a lunatic on the world stage.

I am glad you agree that a person who has been raped, has been forced against her will to have sex, did not commit a crime.

Now what about stoning to death. The very thought makes me sick. This is torture, would you not agree?

Alexa,

According to the Islam, there are three condition:

1) Rape: Which isn't crime as I described above for the woman but the man who force her will be stoned with a proof.

2) When the person who tells that the woman have an adultery isn't her husband: In this condition, the person should come with four vouchers and vochers should be sincere and with no crime before themselves to proofing the adultery. Also, the vochers should have been seen the crime with their eyes. It's really hard to proof the adultery in Islam, sometimes I think it's impossible and is only for showing the huge of the crime.

3) If a husband tell that his wife done an adultery and he doesnt have any vouchers: In this condition, the husband should say "Allah" for 4 times and should say "Allah" one time again and damn of Allah will be with him if he lies, after this the crime will be proofed except when the woman say "Allah" for 4 times and should say "Allah" one time again to cancel the proof but damn of allah will be with her if she lies and her husband is right.

As you see, it's really hard to proof an adultery and only a proof will cause stoning to death. I'm 30 years old Iranian and never seen and hear about someone stoning in Iran because they wasnot proofable. I myself know alot of trollop womans who are free because there isn't any complaint against her and they haven't any husband to protest against her. However, if so, they should hardly proof their compliants.

My native language isn't english but I tried to describe the real condition of stoning in Iran and Islam which is valid only for a proofed adultery.

Hope these help.

Sincerely

Back
Top Bottom