• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why Trump will win

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Who says the Republicans can not take back the White House? Why not? If non-whites outnumber the white Republicans, someone explain why the Republicans control Congress? Ninety-nine percent of those in the crowd were WHITE with a smattering of oreos and coconuts.

Trump played to the crowd at the RNC. The speech consisted of blaming Obama-Clinton for all the nation's ills while claiming things that he already as mentioned.
And the crowd ate it up! But nowhere did he mention HOW he would fix the nation's ills.

But what will it be like the morning after?

Who says the Republicans can not take back the White House? Why not? If non-whites outnumber the white Republicans, someone explain why the Republicans control Congress? Ninety-nine percent of those in the crowd were WHITE with a smattering of oreos and coconuts.

Trump played to the crowd at the RNC. The speech consisted of blaming Obama-Clinton for all the nation's ills while claiming things that he already as mentioned.
And the crowd ate it up! But nowhere did he mention HOW he would fix the nation's ills.

Romney got the same - or a greater - percentage of the white vote...and still lost by a significant margin. If Trump can't get a much greater percentage of the white vote than Romney did, he's toast...because remember, the whites are also a plurality - if not an outright majority - of the Democratic vote.

So I'm really not that worried.

Trump doesn't sound all that different from Erdogan. I'm serious. Think about it. The real difference is that not that many Turks are so damned stupid that they believe what Erdogan is saying. The real danger isn't Trump it is the people who blindly support him; the people who don't objectively fact check and the people who justify Trump by saying, "Well at least Trump is (or will) _____ and not _____ like Hillary" as if Hillary was some kind of political gold standard.

I'm serious as a heart attack. Read some books about Germany and Austria and how so many fools lined up to support Hitler in the early days.

What will it be like the morning after Trump wins? The nation and the world will be in shock. It will not be good. Black people, LGBT, Jews, Muslims, non-Christians, Latinos, women, people with disabilities and avowed progressives will be open game for Trump supporters - in too many instances, literally.

Trump won't win he's a Clinton plant.

Trump doesn't sound all that different from Erdogan. I'm serious. Think about it. The real difference is that not that many Turks are so damned stupid that they believe what Erdogan is saying. The real danger isn't Trump it is the people who blindly support him; the people who don't objectively fact check and the people who justify Trump by saying, "Well at least Trump is (or will) _____ and not _____ like Hillary" as if Hillary was some kind of political gold standard.

I'm serious as a heart attack. Read some books about Germany and Austria and how so many fools lined up to support Hitler in the early days.

What will it be like the morning after Trump wins? The nation and the world will be in shock. It will not be good. Black people, LGBT, Jews, Muslims, non-Christians, Latinos, women, people with disabilities and avowed progressives will be open game for Trump supporters - in too many instances, literally.

Lock and load.
Presidencies like Trump are...

what the SECOND-AMENDMENT was MADE FOR.

On the 0.03 % chance that Trump wins...

LOCK AND LOAD THE SECOND-AMENDMENT IS WHAT PRESIDENCIES LIKE TRUMP WAS MADE FOR!

who says the republicans can not take back the white house? Why not? If non-whites outnumber the white republicans, someone explain why the republicans control congress? Ninety-nine percent of those in the crowd were white with a smattering of oreos and coconuts.

Trump played to the crowd at the rnc. The speech consisted of blaming obama-clinton for all the nation's ills while claiming things that he already as mentioned.
And the crowd ate it up! But nowhere did he mention how he would fix the nation's ills.

Lock and LOAD
WE
ARE
The
MILITIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEATH TO PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Lock and load.
Presidencies like Trump are...

what the SECOND-AMENDMENT was MADE FOR.

Guy, I suggest you cool it down. NOW. As much as I despise Trump with every breath, as much as I believe his election would be a tragedy for democracy and for the world, TRUMP IS UNDER SECRET SERVICE PROTECTION, and rightfully so. There is a very real chance that you - yes, you - may be receiving a visit. I'm not kidding.

Cool it. Now.

Guy, I suggest you cool it down. NOW. As much as I despise Trump with every breath, as much as I believe his election would be a tragedy for democracy and for the world, TRUMP IS UNDER SECRET SERVICE PROTECTION, and rightfully so. There is a very real chance that you - yes, you - may be receiving a visit. I'm not kidding.

Cool it. Now.

What? I'm drunk.

**** IT!

If you're not on a terrorist watchlist at this point you should be ashamed of yourself.

Stop with the derogatory racist comments please.

What? I'm drunk.

**** IT!

If you're not on a terrorist watchlist at this point you should be ashamed of yourself.

You can try to make a joke of it if you like, but the Secret Service would not care - drunkeness is not considered a legal excuse.

And why did I point this out? Because I spent twenty years working as a subordinate of the Commander-in-Chief...and as much as I despised Bush 43 (though not as much as Trump), if I'd had to, I would have taken a bullet for him - that would have been my duty. Trump is under Secret Service protection...which means that every threat against him is taken seriously and investigated.

And they won't care how drunk you are.

We can laugh and joke and poke fun at almost anything under the sun, but our First Amendment rights do not extend to what you just did. It's not a joke. Don't treat it as one.

Ninety-nine percent of those in the crowd were WHITE with a smattering of oreos and coconuts.

You expect to be taken seriously after this bull****?

Trump understands the disgust a lot of voters have with the status quo. Sadly, so many are desperate that they no longer bother fact checking. They only want to listen and believe the speaker who knows what they want to hear and will exploit it. I do not see Hilary or anyone else being able to match what Trump is able to to do. A lot of people did not see Hitler or Mussolini winning. But they did regardless.

No doubt, with what Trump has said about NATO, Putin will now be more emboldened to create a new Russian empire. I tell you people, if Trump wins only greater ills will come about. He is a more an isolationist than a populist. And you are right, the real problem are the unthinking fools who are blindly mesmerized. And there are millions of them.

Then we are in a political crisis.

And I am proud to be on the CORRECT side of history.

When you call for the death of anyone inside America's borders, you cross a line. If such were allowed, we'd become a nation ruled by the mob.

That's not a place you want to go. And yeah, I reported your call for Trump's death to the DP moderators. Be glad I didn't drop a dime to the Secret Service. There are some things you don't even joke about. This is one of them. I suggest you sober up and get a clue as to the limits of your First Amendment rights - you can say pretty much anything, but you can't yell 'fire' in a crowded theater...and you can't call for other people to be killed especially when they're already under the protection of the Secret Service.

But if you continue to do so, I will send the appropriate info over to the Secret Service. See if I'm bluffing.

But it would be better if you calmed down and sobered up and went on to different subjects.

When you call for the death of anyone inside America's borders, you cross a line. If such were allowed, we'd become a nation ruled by the mob.

That's not a place you want to go. And yeah, I reported your call for Trump's death to the DP moderators. Be glad I didn't drop a dime to the Secret Service. There are some things you don't even joke about. This is one of them. I suggest you sober up and get a clue as to the limits of your First Amendment rights - you can say pretty much anything, but you can't yell 'fire' in a crowded theater...and you can't call for other people to be killed especially when they're already under the protection of the Secret Service.

But if you continue to do so, I will send the appropriate info over to the Secret Service. See if I'm bluffing.

But it would be better if you calmed down and sobered up and went on to different subjects.

By all means, continue to defend authoritarian ethno-nationalist Donald Trump from a law-abiding American citizen and his First Amendment.

You have been blocked.

Lock and LOAD
WE
ARE
The
MILITIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEATH TO PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

You can try to make a joke of it if you like, but the Secret Service would not care - drunkeness is not considered a legal excuse.

And why did I point this out? Because I spent twenty years working as a subordinate of the Commander-in-Chief...and as much as I despised Bush 43 (though not as much as Trump), if I'd had to, I would have taken a bullet for him - that would have been my duty. Trump is under Secret Service protection...which means that every threat against him is taken seriously and investigated.

And they won't care how drunk you are.

We can laugh and joke and poke fun at almost anything under the sun, but our First Amendment rights do not extend to what you just did. It's not a joke. Don't treat it as one.

Doesn't intent have to be proven? I mean, it's precedent now, isn't it? ;)

On the 0.03 % chance that Trump wins...

LOCK AND LOAD THE SECOND-AMENDMENT IS WHAT PRESIDENCIES LIKE TRUMP WAS MADE FOR!

The first amendment is FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

PERIOD

I'm not worried about his insane, authoritarian-phile psychopathic ranting and raving,

He can cry to the mods all he likes, it doesn't make him sound like any less of a ****ing hypocrite.

Calling for someone's death (by second-amendment means, no less) is the same kind of crime as inciting a riot. One doesn't have to intend to physically start a riot to be prosecuted for inciting that riot. Same principle applies here. From the Wiki:

Threatening government officials of the United States is a serious crime under federal law. Threatening the President of the United States is a Class E felony under 18 U.S.C. § 871, punishable by up to 5 years of imprisonment, that is investigated by the United States Secret Service. Threatening other officials is a Class C or D felony, usually carrying maximum penalties of 5 or 10 years under 18 U.S.C. § 875, 18 U.S.C. § 876 and other statutes, that is investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. When national boundaries are transcended by such a threat, it is considered a terrorist threat.[1] When a threat is made against a judge, it can be considered obstruction of justice.[2] Threatening federal officials' family members is also a federal crime; in enacting the law, the Committee on the Judiciary stated that "Clearly it is a proper Federal function to respond to terrorists and other criminals who seek to influence the making of Federal policies and interfere with the administration of justice by attacking close relatives of those entrusted with these tasks."[3]

There are three elements of the offense of making an illegal threat: (i) there must be a transmission in interstate commerce; (ii) there must be a communication containing the threat; (iii) and the threat must be a threat to injure the person of another.[4] Threats can also sometimes be punished under the statutes criminalizing assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain United States Government officers or employees[5] or assassinating, kidnapping, and assaulting government officials of the United States.

United States Sentencing Guidelines take a number of factors into consideration in determining the recommended penalty, including evidence of the person's intent to carry out the threat; disruption to the government function; and the possibility of inciting others to violence.[6] There is also a 6-level official victim enhancement, which makes the recommended penalty, per the sentencing table, approximately double that which would apply if an ordinary citizen were the victim.[7] There can be many motives for making threats, including political motives or a desire to frame someone else for making the threat.

He might be able to get out of it by claiming there was no intent - but a skilled prosecutor could show "intent to incite".

I never thought I'd be defending Trump...but this was a serious matter. It could not be ignored.

Calling for someone's death (by second-amendment means, no less) is the same kind of crime as inciting a riot. One doesn't have to intend to physically start a riot to be prosecuted for inciting that riot. Same principle applies here. From the Wiki:

Point out where I did such a thing.

Threatening government officials of the United States is a serious crime under federal law. Threatening the President of the United States is a Class E felony under 18 U.S.C. § 871, punishable by up to 5 years of imprisonment, that is investigated by the United States Secret Service. Threatening other officials is a Class C or D felony, usually carrying maximum penalties of 5 or 10 years under 18 U.S.C. § 875, 18 U.S.C. § 876 and other statutes, that is investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. When national boundaries are transcended by such a threat, it is considered a terrorist threat.[1] When a threat is made against a judge, it can be considered obstruction of justice.[2] Threatening federal officials' family members is also a federal crime; in enacting the law, the Committee on the Judiciary stated that "Clearly it is a proper Federal function to respond to terrorists and other criminals who seek to influence the making of Federal policies and interfere with the administration of justice by attacking close relatives of those entrusted with these tasks."[3]

These are laws enacted under the BUSH REGIME. Some "progressive" you are.

There are three elements of the offense of making an illegal threat: (i) there must be a transmission in interstate commerce; (ii) there must be a communication containing the threat; (iii) and the threat must be a threat to injure the person of another.[4] Threats can also sometimes be punished under the statutes criminalizing assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain United States Government officers or employees[5] or assassinating, kidnapping, and assaulting government officials of the United States.

Once again, none of these things.

United States Sentencing Guidelines take a number of factors into consideration in determining the recommended penalty, including evidence of the person's intent to carry out the threat; disruption to the government function; and the possibility of inciting others to violence.[6] There is also a 6-level official victim enhancement, which makes the recommended penalty, per the sentencing table, approximately double that which would apply if an ordinary citizen were the victim.[7] There can be many motives for making threats, including political motives or a desire to frame someone else for making the threat.

Oh, and an appeal to authority is a logical fallacy.

He might be able to get out of it by claiming there was no intent - but a skilled prosecutor could show "intent to incite".

See my below response,

I never thought I'd be defending Trump...but this was a serious matter. It could not be ignored.

SAVING FOR WHEN TRUMP COMMITS CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, YOU EVIL ****ING PRICK!

Dude. Man. I was kidding in reference to Comey's presser statement on Hillary. Easy does it now. ;)

Point out where I did such a thing.

These are laws enacted under the BUSH REGIME. Some "progressive" you are.

Once again, none of these things.

Oh, and an appeal to authority is a logical fallacy.

See my below response,

I told you what I would do. I already made the call. The office was closed, but I left a lengthy message including the website, the thread, and your screen name. They have my name, my phone number, and my e-mail address, and I'm sure they'll be calling me tomorrow.

The First Amendment does not cover what you did. I strongly suspect they'll only interview you and give you a warning - I hope they don't do anything more than that. I hope you learn from this experience.

Back
Top Bottom