• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Trump Thinks Putin is "Genius"

Cameron

Politically Correct
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine—of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy, I know him very well. Very, very well.”
Trump thinks Putin was "genius" to use the recognition of the two Ukrainian border provinces as a pretense for him to enter Ukraine as a purported "peacekeeper." In other words, it is Putin's attempt to reframe his invasion of a sovereign country as a freedom-supporting, peace-keeping mission that Trump considers "genius."

Doesn't that just about say it all? Of course Putin's distortion and manipulation tactics are what Trump loves--they are the same tactics Trump himself employs, which he has used to somehow convince half the Republican party that he is some defender of American values when in fact he is the most corrupt president in American history; that Democrats stole an election when in fact it was Trump who intentionally attempted to subvert Democracy.

I'm so tired of this Putin wannabe and I wish all his supporters would take this opportunity to go to Russia where they can all have exactly the president they want.

Maybe, but given that four years when Trump was president, he praised Putin routinely, up and down, for no apparent reason. In fact, in spite of good reasons not to.
Similarly here...Ukraine is a fledgling democracy and they are trying to shed Russia's influence (or adversary). Trump fluffing Putin is routine at this point, when Russia is invading them, is all kinds of wrong, from every perspective. Trump's reasoning for always praising Putin is unknown at this point. Either Putin has dirt on him, or Russia holds his debt, or something...it's clearly cuckoo from any rational perspective.
No, I don't think Trump has a specific reason he's thought through and come to the conclusion that Trump understands what a genius is, and that therefore Putin is one.
Trump's just praising Putin like he always does, as an enemy of the United States.

Maybe, but given that four years when Trump was president, he praised Putin routinely, up and down, for no apparent reason. In fact, in spite of good reasons not to.
Similarly here...Ukraine is a fledgling democracy and they are trying to shed Russia's influence (or adversary). Trump fluffing Putin is routine at this point. Trump's reasoning for always praising Putin is unknown at this point. Either Putin has dirt on him, or Russia holds his debt, or something...it's clearly cuckoo from any rational perspective.
No, I don't think Trump has a specific reason he's thought through and come to the conclusion that Trump understands what a genius is, and that therefore Putin is one.
Trump's just praising Putin like he always does, as an enemy of the United States.

Indeed. We do have to bear in mind that Trump lavishes praise on any dictator, going out of his way to please them. Like moving our forces over a bit simply because Erdogan called him up to say he'd like to murder some Kurds. Like licking Kim Jong Un's ass in the middle of the DMZ, declaring victory, and staying silent about North Korea's ensuing upscaling of missile and nuclear programs.

He's got a thing for evil authoritarians.

And lets not forget, he thinks brutality is strength. He thinks war is indiscriminate slaughter, civilian or military being irrelevant. He thinks police being tough is them smacking a handcuffed and subdued person's head against the cruiser a few times before tossing them in the back.

So yes, the water is a little muddy.

But to see him stand there and announce that Russia didn't interfere because Putin said it didn't...... I dunno. That seems to go beyond praise, as if Putin really did have something on him, who knows what. We'll probably find out in a few decades.

There has also been remarkably little talk of the sentence "We could use that on our southern border." WFT is that about?????? Trump wants to invade Mexico?

Trump thinks Putin was "genius" to use the recognition of the two Ukrainian border provinces as a pretense for him to enter Ukraine as a purported "peacekeeper." In other words, it is Putin's attempt to reframe his invasion of a sovereign country as a freedom-supporting, peace-keeping mission that Trump considers "genius."

Doesn't that just about say it all? Of course Putin's distortion and manipulation tactics are what Trump loves--they are the same tactics Trump himself employs, which he has used to somehow convince half the Republican party that he is some defender of American values when in fact he is the most corrupt president in American history; that Democrats stole an election when in fact it was Trump who intentionally attempted to subvert Democracy.

I'm so tired of this Putin wannabe and I wish all his supporters would take this opportunity to go to Russia where they can all have exactly the president they want.
Trump hasn't invaded any country...nor does he want to. But that doesn't prevent him from recognizing a successful manipulation and end run employed by Putin.

And don't make the mistake of thinking that Trump approves of what Putin is doing. He doesn't.

It's too bad the Trump haters removed Trump from Office...installed their puppet...and set up the conditions that enabled Putin to slap them around.

He appreciates the con, the spectacle. Tyrants do.

Trump hasn't invaded any country...nor does he want to. But that doesn't prevent him from recognizing a successful manipulation and end run employed by Putin.

And don't make the mistake of thinking that Trump approves of what Putin is doing. He doesn't.

It's too bad the Trump haters removed Trump from Office...installed their puppet...and set up the conditions that enabled Putin to slap them around.
He lost, princess

Bigly

Time you move on

As you point out, he appreciated the manipulation.

Trump aporoves of anything that he thinks will benefit him. If he feels manipulation will benefit him, he's all for it.

Because Putin is smart enough to realize to control Trump all you have to do is stroke his ego no matter how stupid and moronic you really know he is.

You are caught in the Hysteria of the Propagandist!

Trump said: to call his forces peace keepers was a genius move. So Putin can avoid being called an aggressor etc... (Like a chess move)
If you read/listen to EVERYTHING Trump said and kept it in context you would know Trump was not praising Putin, but himself! LOL
Trumps final statement was "THIS WOULDN'T BE HAPPENING IF I WERE PREZ"!

If you truly think Trump is the bad guy and the DEM's are good, why don't you think the DEM's would have wanted a FULL AUDIT of the
2020 to PROVE who REALLY won ?....
Trump want to get to the truth, and the Dems, media, and status quo in DC don't!!!???
Yet you as a US Citizen and all the Dem/lib voters think Trump is so corrupt and criminal that he is a treat to America, but your Party
WILL NOT do a full audit to confirm that Trump tried to change the Election or not ?......
Think about it !
It's on YOU to get your party to agree to a full audit and find out who the Traitor is/are!!!

As you point out, he appreciated the manipulation.

Trump aporoves of anything that he thinks will benefit him. If he feels manipulation will benefit him, he's all for it.
Trump has said nothing about thinking this Russia/Ukraine thing benefits him. But he's correct to point out the incompetence of the Biden pukes.

tbf, to a large degree, the PotUS SHOULD be the puppet of the Electorate.
ymmv

Like all bullies, Trump only understands things like force, manipulation, coercion, intimidation, humiliation, insults, exploitation, and fear. That’s why he admires those who use those things so much. He does not know anything else, and thinks only those are what makes a real man and effective leader.

YES, YES AND MORE YES TO THIS !!!!

As the Russian leader prepared to invade Ukraine, the leader of the Republican Party had only praise for Vladimir Putin.

Donald Trump has a history of supporting Putin ever since the Russian helped Trump win the 2016 Presidential election. So, it is no big surprise that Trump would have high praise for what Putin is doing as the latter prepared for a European war that could rival WWII in its severity.

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine, of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful,” Trump said.

“So Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. … Here’s a guy who’s very savvy. … I know him very well. Very, very well,” Trump added.

Trump's comments were made on Tuesday. Russia invaded Ukraine the next day.

Trump's comments have been endorsed by the Republican leadership by virtue of their silence.

And now there is further evidence that Trump is the undisputed leader of the Republican Party.

The New York Post reports, "Former President Donald Trump is the overwhelming favorite for the GOP nomination in the 2024 presidential election, according to the results of a straw poll announced Sunday.

"Trump got 59 percent of the vote in a straw poll conducted at the Conservative Political Action Conference‘s meeting in Orlando, Fla., beating out Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis by 31 percentage points."

Can the Republican Party sink any lower?

The forum's Republicans will not respond to the issues contained in this report. Republicans do not talk about what their party is doing, and they certainly don't talk about Trump.

Yet they want him as President again. They can't explain why because they are educationally challenged and completely uninformed.

Reality disagrees with Loser #45 and you.
That’s why Loser #45’s first comments on Putin’s invasion were praise instead of condemnation, right?
🤣 More alternative facts.

• "Former national security adviser H.R. McMaster on Wednesday told CNN that he wishes President Donald Trump would recognize that Russian President Vladimir Putin is not his friend.
  • "I wish President Trump would just realize…Vladimir Putin is not his friend," McMaster said to CNN's Jim Sciutto. "It's self-delusion…Putin is the best liar in the world."
  • Trump at a rally on Monday told supporters: "I like Putin. He likes me""

Trump has said nothing about thinking this Russia/Ukraine thing benefits him. But he's correct to point out the incompetence of the Biden pukes.

What is ro say? Enemies of democracy everywhere benefit when democracy is suppressed anywhere.

Elections are a bitch.

Back
Top Bottom