• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Trump read these facts

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Under Obama manuf jobs from 2009 to 2016 was a minus 210,000 jobs.

Under President Trump in just two years 2017 and 2018 there was an increase in the number of manuf jobs by 473,000!!!!!!

Democrat petty whining because the serial liar Hillary didnt win doesnt mean anything in the face of positive results for working Americans.

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Hard to argue against hard facts isnt it libs??????????????

tecoyah

Illusionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative

Under President Trump in just two years 2017 and 2018 there was an increase in the number of manuf jobs by 473,000!!!!!!

Democrat petty whining because the serial liar Hillary didnt win doesnt mean anything in the face of positive results for working Americans.

I can only assume facts are unimportant to you.
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/ces3000000001

SenorXm/Sirius

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I think I'd like to study the mind of these far right Trumpsters/cons. It is fascinating they come to this site daily, start a thread that's an absolute lie, the thread gets shot down in 2-3 replies. But then the next day the Trumpsters starts another lying thread and it's shot down immediately.. Then the next day, rinse and repeat.

Do they do it for the attention? Do they think everyone else is as ignorant and clueless about current events as they are? do they think no one knows how to use Google?

Weird..

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

OH

MY

G*D

Where in the holy **** are you getting your stats? From the back of one of trump's old KFC buckets? Wow!

tecoyah

Illusionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I think I'd like to study the mind of these far right Trumpsters/cons. It is fascinating they come to this site daily, start a thread that's an absolute lie, the thread gets shot down in 2-3 replies. But then the next day the Trumpsters starts another lying thread and it's shot down immediately.. Then the next day, rinse and repeat.

Do they do it for the attention? Do they think everyone else is as ignorant and clueless about current events as they are? do they think no one knows how to use Google?

Weird..

It would seem they do so because of the example presented by their hero. Much like the alcoholic father usually leads to a like minded child. It is a Nature vs Nurture conundrum.

marke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

Weird..

Obamanites long for the return of the heady days of big government regulation and wasteful spending. To hell with the economy is their view, as long as they think the democrat government oligarchs will someday give them their "fair share" of rich people's money as promised.

lwf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Weird..

I think they buy into the "control the narrative" brand of partisanship. Like Trump, they believe that if you repeat a lie often enough and with absolute confidence and certainty, it can become fact.

This tells me that conservatism in its current 'Trumpian' form is doomed, in spite of the inordinate time it gets on news sites. Being outrageous in order to get attention, then desperately and passionately championing a narrative that is defeated with a simple fact check is a last-ditch, Hail Mary tactic of a dying movement.

lwf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Obamanites long for the return of the heady days of big government regulation and wasteful spending. To hell with the economy is their view, as long as they think the democrat government oligarchs will someday give them their "fair share" of rich people's money as promised.

I know no one who believes this. People who supported Obama were people who wanted a strong economy and hated oligarchs and wasteful spending. That's why they voted democrat.

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Blather what you will liberals, but everyone can see unemployment is way down now and more and more manuf jobs are coming back into this country. The traitor Obama said that Trump would have to have a magic wand to make this happen. But apparently he does.

marke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I know no one who believes this. People who supported Obama were people who wanted a strong economy and hated oligarchs and wasteful spending. That's why they voted democrat.

They voted for Obama to eliminate waste in government spending? By removing the debt ceiling and jacking the US debt through the roof? I am not following the logic.

lwf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
They voted for Obama to eliminate waste in government spending? By removing the debt ceiling and jacking the US debt through the roof? I am not following the logic.

Democrats adhere to demand-side economics: Invest in improving the lifestyles and income of the poorest people, and they will spend their money in the market, enriching everyone above. Republicans adhere to supply side economics: Invest in the most profitable businesses to make sure they operate at an even greater profit, and said businesses will hire more people and lower their prices so that more people can find employment and afford their products. One of these theories is proven in the market. One of them is a fairy tale designed to increase the profits of powerful lobbyists.

srexob715

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Hard to argue against hard facts isnt it libs??????????????

Its funny to watch conservatives prove they really don't understand how facts and context of those facts are intertwined...….and their real ignorance causes them to project that onto the smart people. Its just interesting to see it first hand.

srexob715

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

You forgot about the recession. You just proved that in order to take your position, you have to take an ahistorical approach to forming conclusions. If you completely remove the context that Obama took over during a huge recession, then your point seems perfectly valid.

lwf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Because that all happened in one year... If you believe that all it takes to turn the world's largest economy around is one year of a Donald Trump administration, I have a bridge to sell you.

If you really want to narrow it down to single administrations, it's far more accurate to say: We have G.W. Bush to thank for the recession and Obama to thank for the rebound, and that includes 2016-2018. We'll see how the economy is doing in 4 or so years and then we'll have a handle on how well Trump did.

marke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Democrats adhere to demand-side economics: Invest in improving the lifestyles and income of the poorest people, and they will spend their money in the market, enriching everyone above. Republicans adhere to supply side economics: Invest in the most profitable businesses to make sure they operate at an even greater profit, and said businesses will hire more people and lower their prices so that more people can find employment and afford their products. One of these theories is proven in the market. One of them is a fairy tale designed to increase the profits of powerful lobbyists.

Pelosi expressed the "demand-side" well: "Food Stamps and Unemployment Give Us The Biggest Bang For The Buck." No wonder democrats thought the economy was booming after Obama passed out more food stamps and disability cards than any president in history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-eycEKXNs

marke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
You forgot about the recession. You just proved that in order to take your position, you have to take an ahistorical approach to forming conclusions. If you completely remove the context that Obama took over during a huge recession, then your point seems perfectly valid.

Barney Frank apologized for his part in the housing collapse stupidity put together by democrats for the purpose of allowing blacks to buy homes without credit and without down payment. I commend him for that. Most democrats seem to remain clueless as to what caused the banking collapse of 2008.

bullseyelqcs

I'm a freaking unicorn!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Blather what you will liberals, but everyone can see unemployment is way down now and more and more manuf jobs are coming back into this country. The traitor Obama said that Trump would have to have a magic wand to make this happen. But apparently he does.

Unemployment was coming down BEFORE Donald Trump was elected. How quickly people forget.

And it amazes me that NOW its okay for the jobs to be mostly part time, when only a couple short years ago, those jobs weren't worth a ****.

And spare the bit about manufacturing coming back.....the vast majority of jobs created under Trump have come in support of coal mining, which is going to end eventually. Those people not being willing to train for other work, even on the side while still doing thier current job, is gonna come back and bite them in the ass. When all of those jobs dry up, take a stab at pointing out whats gonna happen to the unemployment rate.

Nickyjo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

I enjoy the heady days: get Social Security and Medicare, the latter which will pay for necessary tests this week, much as SS helps my crippled friend shot with an unregulated firearm. My wife will have coverage for her pre-existing cancer, my son will stay on her insurance for several more years. Thanks FDR, LBJ and Obama. Government regulation is wonderful. I kept to the speed limit coming home tonight in a car that went thru a tunnel built with Obama stimulus funds that emits less smog while keeping my seat belt fastened per regulation after eating goulash at my sister’s made with government inspected meat cooked on a regulated stove. Delicious.

Last edited:

marke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I enjoy the heady days: get Social Security and Medicare, the latter which will pay for necessary tests this week as SS helps my crippled friend shot with an unregulated forearm. My wife will have coverage for her pre-existing cancer, my son will stay on her insurance for several more years. Thanks FDR, LBJ and Obama. Government regulation is wonderful. I kept to the speed limit coming home tonight in a car that emits less smog keeping my seat belt fastened after eating goulash at my sister’s made with government inspected meat. Delicious.

I thank God for His provisions and blessings, not the government. They say the government may have to cancel its debt of social security payments if something is not done to bring in more money from somewhere. That figures. The government promises the world and gives us the refuse instead after the officials have spent all the money on themselves and on wasteful projects.

srexob715

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Barney Frank apologized for his part in the housing collapse stupidity put together by democrats for the purpose of allowing blacks to buy homes without credit and without down payment. I commend him for that. Most democrats seem to remain clueless as to what caused the banking collapse of 2008.

Im sorry, "recession" is too big a word for you! You should ask God to show you a dictionary. LMAO!
When you can prove me wrong..........let me know.

Last edited:

marke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Im sorry, "recession" is too big a word for you! You should ask God to show you a dictionary. LMAO!
When you can prove me wrong..........let me know.

Google "What caused the 2008 collapse of Wall Street?" You will find plenty of bias and misinformation, but you will also find facts. If you are interested in facts. "Greedy bankers" is talking point pap, not a definable fact. "Credit default swaps," "securitization of mortgages," "deregulation of banks in the CFM Act of 2000," and other fiscal tricks opened up the mortgage lending door to poor people with bad credit. The end of that was disastrous.

Last edited:

srexob715

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Google "What caused the 2008 collapse of Wall Street?" You will find plenty of bias and misinformation, but you will also find facts. If you are interested in facts. "Greedy bankers" is talking point pap, not a definable fact. "Credit default swaps," "securitization of mortgages," "deregulation of banks in the CFM Act of 2000," and other fiscal tricks opened up the mortgage lending door to poor people with bad credit. The end of that was disastrous.

Oh looky.......another one who doesn't know about the recession. LMAO!

marke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Oh looky.......another one who doesn't know about the recession. LMAO!

What caused the recession?

Democrat answers: Greedy rich bankers, republicans, racism, wasteful spending on wars, tax cuts, white privilege, oppression of blacks, disrespect for homosexuals, hatred for Muslims, and so forth.

Top Bottom