• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why transgenderism is so much worse than typical homosexuality

I'm just not seeing why that matters. Like I said, I don't care if I am male or female. It is what it is. I make it work for me, not the other way around. If I was female with the same brain as I have today, I would not care. Not at all. I might be bummed that I don't have all these male privileges...but, I'd make due with that, as long as I wasn't stuck in Saudi Arabia or some horrible backwards place like that.

calamity. You aren't transsexual. There is no way you could possibly understand what it is like. You can imagine, but you'll never really get it.

calamity. You aren't transsexual. There is no way you could possibly understand what it is like. You can imagine, but you'll never really get it.

Perhaps not. But, digging as deep as I possibly can, I just do not see my bio sex being all that important. Except for the obvious male privileges: not having to worry about getting pregnant whenever I have sex, no fear of walking alone at night, no risk of being beaten by my spouse of partner, a world basically tailored for me and my whims; there just isn't that much about being male or female that matters. I guess I would get it if more women wanted to be men. That at least has a tangible upside.

You're right. I just don't get it.

Yes, this is completely accurate. That's why protocol states that HRT and ESPECIALLY SRS should not be done to minors. There is a movement to giving kids who identify as transsexual puberty blockers. I am 100% against this. Research shows that, for example, 30% of kids who are 15 and identify as transsexual, AREN'T and eventually come to realize that. 30% is a HUGE number that I would not take chances on. And the percentages go UP as kids get younger. Most kids who identify as transsexual at a young age, have some other sexual, mental health, or developmental issue going on... or it is just standard fluidity and flexibility of the brain of children. I, personally, have worked 3 clients who claimed to be transsexual around that issue only to determine that they were not transsexual, but had something else going on. I remember hearing about one therapist who took a 14 year old, and in ONE SESSION, stated that they were transsexual and should immediately go on HRT. That kind of stuff annoys me... almost as much as tthe 16 year old who called me (never having seem me before) and asked if she could come in for me to write a letter so she could get HRT. I said, "absolutely not. That's not how I work". People don't always know the parameters around what can be done... or what should be done, nor do they know the work that goes into making the determination. My evals tend to last at least 3 months, for example.
Curious, what other mental situations were they confusing transsexuality with? I guess fetishism or situational association of clothing but, curious as to what can be misdiagnosed as transsexualism?

Curious, what other mental situations were they confusing transsexuality with? I guess fetishism or situational association of clothing but, curious as to what can be misdiagnosed as transsexualism?

I've seen people with various paraphilias and sexual traumas. One of the things I always go into with the client is sexual history. How they reacted to sexual situations at a young age can be very telling. I had one MFT who never masturbated during his teen years... he felt disgusted by it. That was a clue. Gave more validity to the transsexualism. I had an FTM who really liked being penetrated. That was also a clue. Few (but not all) FTMs like penetration at all. If someone has been raped or abused, that issue MUST be treated first before any consideration of transsexuality can be made. Too much sexual conflict from the trauma, with body hatred and wanting to distance oneself from one's own gender and genitalia. Of all the kinds of people I treat, there is absolutely no question that my assessment process with those who claim to be transsexual is the most extensive and the toughest.

I've seen people with various paraphilias and sexual traumas. One of the things I always go into with the client is sexual history. How they reacted to sexual situations at a young age can be very telling. I had one MFT who never masturbated during his teen years... he felt disgusted by it. That was a clue. Gave more validity to the transsexualism. I had an FTM who really liked being penetrated. That was also a clue. Few (but not all) FTMs like penetration at all. If someone has been raped or abused, that issue MUST be treated first before any consideration of transsexuality can be made. Too much sexual conflict from the trauma, with body hatred and wanting to distance oneself from one's own gender and genitalia. Of all the kinds of people I treat, there is absolutely no question that my assessment process with those who claim to be transsexual is the most extensive and the toughest.
Really interesting. I need to absorb that. Ok for you if I ask more questions in future CC?

I had read somewhere that it is also a question for MTFs regarding how they feel about 'mounting and thrusting'. I had read that this can be telling.

Last edited:
Really interesting. I need to absorb that. Ok for you if I ask more questions in future CC?

Sure.

I had read somewhere that it is also a question for MTFs regarding how they feel about 'mounting and thrusting'. I had read that this can be telling.

Yup. Interestingly enough, many transsexuals are so uncomfortable with the brain-body inconsistency, that their sexuality suffers and the sexual experiences are often limited.

Sure.

Yup. Interestingly enough, many transsexuals are so uncomfortable with the brain-body inconsistency, that their sexuality suffers and the sexual experiences are often limited.
I'm guessing that there is also a submission and dominance thing being played out here as well with most MTF tending to submissive behaviour sexually. It has to be confusing for a young adult to observe how their genitalia are depicted being used compared to how they want to experience the sexual act. Is it your experience that many trans lacking the necessary treatment adopt anal and oral sex to satisfy the need for penetration?

I'm guessing that there is also a submission and dominance thing being played out here as well with most MTF tending to submissive behaviour sexually. It has to be confusing for a young adult to observe how their genitalia are depicted being used compared to how they want to experience the sexual act. Is it your experience that many trans lacking the necessary treatment adopt anal and oral sex to satisfy the need for penetration?

MTFs tend to have a bit of difficulty, sexually, both because they have a harder time pulling off the gender transformation and because of the confusing gender roles society sends surrounding sex. But, yes, most transsexuals opt for any kind of sexual activity rather than penetration.

Back
Top Bottom