• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why transgenderism is so much worse than typical homosexuality

Actually such actions would be sins according to the bible. As for my opinion on the matter, well, I don't believe in sin, but I do think punching holes in your body and or injecting it with ink is pretty stupid.

Quote from the Bible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually there are Christians out there that believe getting a tatoo is a sin. I've even heard from one that getting a tatoo is making a "blood covenant with a demon".

Time to throw out ancient fables and supernatural hoo-ha.

When God brings his judgement upon a nation, the whole nation suffers.

Sodom and Gomorrah certainly got whupped and they were peanuts compared to us.

Actually such actions would be sins according to the bible. As for my opinion on the matter, well, I don't believe in sin, but I do think punching holes in your body and or injecting it with ink is pretty stupid.

I don't pierce or have tats, they are silly, but to have a religion banning them is really stupid.

And how are you going to force me to no longer believe?

How are you going to force me to believe? Oh wait....that is what the crusades were for, how did that work out?

A homosexual can repent. Altering one's body generally isn't reversible. Furthermore it's an act of rebellion against God, attempting to assert he made a mistake. The same is true for tattoos and piercing, just to a lesser extent.

Wrong forum, this should be in conspiracy theories or the religion forum. LOL

We do not believe that God created them as gay or trans. So your argument is based in a false premise.

That is your problem, you work on faith and belief, rather than facts and science. I'd rather live in the normal world.

Yep. It's in Leviticus. But there's so much **** in Leviticus that Christians don't follow anyways.

And how are you going to force me to no longer believe?

I don't care what you believe, non believers don't go and force the religionists to not believe.

How are you going to force me to believe? Oh wait....that is what the crusades were for, how did that work out?

I am not trying to force you to do anything. You are the one who wanted to throw out so called fables or whatever. Which would necessitate people not believing it.

So it must not be time to throw it out if you aren't willing to do anything to throw it out. Coward.

No actually the Crusades were to fight the Muslim hordes. Worked out pretty good. Jews finally got control of Israel.

That is your problem, you work on faith and belief, rather than facts and science. I'd rather live in the normal world.

Science and facts? We know identical twins where only 1 is gay.

I don't care what you believe, non believers don't go and force the religionists to not believe.

Except you just claimed it was time to throw it out. And you have yet to make ANY argument in this topic. All you have done is attacked people who believe and ridiculed their belief.

If you don't care, then why are you spending so much time trying to do exactly what you claim you are not?

You can't even be honest with yourself.

Last edited:
A homosexual can repent. Altering one's body generally isn't reversible. Furthermore it's an act of rebellion against God, attempting to assert he made a mistake. The same is true for tattoos and piercing, just to a lesser extent.

So based on this notion, you have an equal bit of disdain for Lasik surgery? Other forms of cosmetic surgery, such as breast implants or a nose job? You have issues with those who take medication for depression, bipolar disorder, or diabetes due to chemical imbalances in their body leaving them without necessary hormones/chemicals? All those could would be similar "rebellions against god" yes?

Even so, what you're speaking of, at best, is that it's "worse" in the mind of an extreme version of fundamental Christianity. Even taking that as accurate, my question would be....

So?

So what? If your answer is "so we should convince society to shun it", then you're fooling yourself and are laughably tilting at windmills. You don't have a majority of society subscribing to your extreme fundamentalist version of Christianity. You would need that before you even begin to approach being able to convince people of this very specific subset of that ideology.

So if it's not to try and convince society, then the question is again, so what? Are you suggesting some kind of legal action needs to happen? Or are you just waxing philosophical? Is there an actual discussion question you're asking here? Or are you just wanting to make a random statement and feel like that should somehow inspire anyone to respond to it in any real fashion?

Again...so?

Leviticus 19:28

Thanks! I've never bothered to memorize the whole thing.

What I find interesting is the word used for "mark", it's the only time in the entire scripture it is used.

Is that a problem?

If one wishes to make the claim it is genetic, or God "made" them that way, it is.

I think cosmetic surgery in general is ethically bankrupt and society should condemn such behavior by doctors. :shrug:

Moderator's Warning:
Thread dealing with the issue from a more religious than sexuality based fashion, thus moved to more appropriate location

If one wishes to make the claim it is genetic, or God "made" them that way, it is.

Well, scientists still aren't exactly sure what determines sexual orientation, but they have hypothesized that a combination of genetic, hormonal, and social factors can determine one's sexual orientation.

Thanks! I've never bothered to memorize the whole thing.

What I find interesting is the word used for "mark", it's the only time in the entire scripture it is used.

To be honest I didn't read the bible or even pay any mind to it until my late twenties. I really only ever read it so I wasn't completely clueless when people around me were talking about religion. :lol:

I love it, god creates gay people and trans, then demands that they pray to him to not be what he created them to be.

Talibornagains......

We do not believe that God created them as gay or trans. So your argument is based in a false premise.

Science and facts? We know identical twins where only 1 is gay.

Is that a problem?

Why?
Are you suggesting that when one twin has down syndrome its a choice?
:popcorn2:

or your god is made up and your jsut trying to sway other people to suite your own desires in the name of your faith

or god lets things be wrong in which case ther are mistakes to be altered

or for tats and piercings these just some personal customization that the gods may be ok with

your body belongs to you gods or no gods

how are nay gods or people harmed just by some 1 else altering them selves?

and how are they harmed by other people being gay?

thats a better basis for morality then becase you believe the magic sky dady says so

Back
Top Bottom