• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why This Election Campaign May Become The Ugliest In American History

Ontologuy

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I am 68, and I've been politically aware for a number of decades.

There's a phenomenon present today unlike anything I've ever seen or read about since 1950s McCarthyism, and which is beginning to approach late 1930s German Nazism!

A movement began around 2013 calibrated on racism, falsely asserting that rampant "systemic racism" was everywhere in the U.S. and that it was frequently displayed as "microaggression" causing harm to Black/African Americans all the time everywhere.

Senator Clinton's campaign in 2016 picked up on that movement, grouping all non-White races with Blacks. She added "women" as well, alleging there are "systemic misogyny" attitudes throughout America. She made similar inclusions of LGBTQ gender identity and gender preference. Ultimately she appealed to every personal identity characteristic that could be considered on the outside of the "status quo" looking in.

Thus Senator Clinton played heavily on what is known as identity politics, which grabs her supporters by their egos and takes them for a "self-esteem" ride on her campaign. Indeed, her supporters were riding high emotionally as polls said she would win.

When she lost, many of her identity politics followers were understandably devastated emotionally, more so than they would have been had they supported her simply for economic or international issues reasons. They were devastated because they supported her egoistically, and losing had a huge shaming impact on their psyche's self-identity, the self-identity of non-White, female, LGBTO, and the like supporters.

These devastated people became emotionally distraught, sought out "safe spaces" in universities, and angrily talked about how they'd get even with "cheating" Trump.

Meanwhile, Generation Z was entering universities with a lot of baggage. These 1995-2015 kids suffered from an epidemic of "helicopter parenting" where they were way over-protected. But they were also under-nurtured, as they were the first generation to be "babysat" by social media devices while parents were emotionally/physically distant at work/projects. This social media-facilitated peer pressure had a traumatic effect on so many Gen. Z kids. Indeed, Gen. Z kids suffer true anxiety and depression in late teens that is off the charts compared to previous generations, and universities found they really had to beef up their staff of therapists and counselors.

Devastated Clinton supporters and Gen. Z kids are both wounded emotionally/psychologically, leaving them with zero tolerance at this point for any opposing viewpoint that's akin to what they delude wounded them. And, they have created a bond based on their woundedness.

The organization Black Lives Matter (BLM), founded in 2013, that had been essentially not much of a player until 2016, soon began to spearhead what we now know as "cancel culture". Intentionally taking advantage of these wounded people, BLM greatly exaggerated the what and where of "systemic racism" and "microaggression" to the level of a conspiracy theory. They were able to play these wounded people into a direction of "getting even" with "straight White males" via mob aggression of false assertions about these people to get them fired at universities and other institutions.

The media's reports of "cancel culture" success caused companies to become concerned about lawsuits if "cancel culture" came their direction. Thus many companies created the "inclusion and diversity" department of IR, tasked with the forestalling job of "educating" all White people falsely about their "White privilege", "White guilt", and so-called "unconscious racism", all truly false constructs for the overwhelming vast majority.

Today, many leftists have zero tolerance to even hear an opposing political opinion from the right, wanting everyone who disagrees with them to be silenced and fired, and many moderates/rights are really pissed about the false accusations of "racism" and "microaggression" leveled at them that's egregiously reprehensibly getting many of them silenced or fired.

Indeed, the unbelievable mind-boggling success of the "cancel culture", coupled with the mainstream media's obsession to defeat Trump, has morphed this "systemic racism" and "microaggression" conspiracy theory into a scary major force via avowed Marxist BLM's horrific uncalled-for bullying, rioting, looting, assaulting, and murder in our streets the past three months, which the left supports!

I haven't seen anything like this egregious "cancel culture" since 1950s McCarthyism, and if it doesn't stop soon, it may paint straight White males in the same vein as the Nazis painted the Jews in the 1930s!

Considering the intolerable wounded leftists and the really pissed-off moderates/rights from being falsely accused of racism and losing their jobs, the stage is set for a very ugly U.S. political campaign.

There's a phenomenon present today unlike anything I've ever seen or read about since 1950s McCarthyism, and which is beginning to approach late 1930s German Nazism!

A movement began around 2013 calibrated on racism, falsely asserting that rampant "systemic racism" was everywhere in the U.S. and that it was frequently displayed as "microaggression" causing harm to Black/African Americans all the time everywhere.

Senator Clinton's campaign in 2016 picked up on that movement, grouping all non-White races with Blacks. She added "women" as well, alleging there are "systemic misogyny" attitudes throughout America. She made similar inclusions of LGBTQ gender identity and gender preference. Ultimately she appealed to every personal identity characteristic that could be considered on the outside of the "status quo" looking in.

Thus Senator Clinton played heavily on what is known as identity politics, which grabs her supporters by their egos and takes them for a "self-esteem" ride on her campaign. Indeed, her supporters were riding high emotionally as polls said she would win.

When she lost, many of her identity politics followers were understandably devastated emotionally, more so than they would have been had they supported her simply for economic or international issues reasons. They were devastated because they supported her egoistically, and losing had a huge shaming impact on their psyche's self-identity, the self-identity of non-White, female, LGBTO, and the like supporters.

These devastated people became emotionally distraught, sought out "safe spaces" in universities, and angrily talked about how they'd get even with "cheating" Trump.

Meanwhile, Generation Z was entering universities with a lot of baggage. These 1995-2015 kids suffered from an epidemic of "helicopter parenting" where they were way over-protected. But they were also under-nurtured, as they were the first generation to be "babysat" by social media devices while parents were emotionally/physically distant at work/projects. This social media-facilitated peer pressure had a traumatic effect on so many Gen. Z kids. Indeed, Gen. Z kids suffer true anxiety and depression in late teens that is off the charts compared to previous generations, and universities found they really had to beef up their staff of therapists and counselors.

Devastated Clinton supporters and Gen. Z kids are both wounded emotionally/psychologically, leaving them with zero tolerance at this point for any opposing viewpoint that's akin to what they delude wounded them. And, they have created a bond based on their woundedness.

The organization Black Lives Matter (BLM), founded in 2013, that had been essentially not much of a player until 2016, soon began to spearhead what we now know as "cancel culture". Intentionally taking advantage of these wounded people, BLM greatly exaggerated the what and where of "systemic racism" and "microaggression" to the level of a conspiracy theory. They were able to play these wounded people into a direction of "getting even" with "straight White males" via mob aggression of false assertions about these people to get them fired at universities and other institutions.

The media's reports of "cancel culture" success caused companies to become concerned about lawsuits if "cancel culture" came their direction. Thus many companies created the "inclusion and diversity" department of IR, tasked with the forestalling job of "educating" all

Today, many leftists have zero tolerance to even hear an opposing political opinion from the right, wanting everyone who disagrees with them to be silenced and fired, and many moderates/rights are really pissed about the false accusations of "racism" and "microaggression" leveled at them that's egregiously reprehensibly getting many of them silenced or fired.

Indeed, the unbelievable mind-boggling success of the "cancel culture", coupled with the mainstream media's obsession to defeat Trump, has morphed this "systemic racism" and "microaggression" conspiracy theory into a scary major force via avowed Marxist BLM's horrific uncalled-for bullying, rioting, looting, assaulting, and murder in our streets the past three months, which the left supports!

I haven't seen anything like this egregious "cancel culture" since 1950s McCarthyism, and if it doesn't stop soon, it may paint straight White males in the same vein as the Nazis painted the Jews in the 1930s!

Considering the intolerable wounded leftists and the really pissed-off moderates/rights from being falsely accused of racism and losing their jobs, the stage is set for a very ugly U.S. political campaign.

Judging by this OP you are the opposite and are extremely tolerable of those intolerable leftists you blame for everything.

Oh wait......

No worries. If Biden wins, the DNC will put blacks out back in the barn again for 4 more years.

No worries. If Biden wins, the DNC will put blacks out back in the barn again for 4 more years.

WORRIES, once activated, all them different types, will vote. And they will keep on voting.

But lets say the worst case scenareo, Trump blatantly steals the election. They will despise Republicans for life, and so will most people.

WORRIES, once activated, all them different types, will vote. And they will keep on voting.

But lets say the worst case scenareo, Trump blatantly steals the election. They will despise Republicans for life, and so will most people.

They already do. That grape kool aid is potent stuff.

I think you've been watching too much Fox News.

Trump's appeal to white, straight, Christian males is as identity politics as you can get. But when its an appeal to those in power, it just seems normal to many people.

Judging by this OP you are the opposite and are extremely tolerable of those intolerable leftists you blame for everything.

Oh wait......
I am as tolerable of the "cancel culture" mob as ethical observers of McCarthy's communist witch hunt were of McCarthy, who didn't want him censored or impeached but wanted his unjustified power and the effects of his efforts to stop -- I don't want to see these wounded leftists silenced or fired, but I want to see the unjustified power and effects of their "racism" conspiracy theory witch hunt halted.

But, if these wounded leftists don't get to the couch of a qualified psychological therapist soon and stop their unjustified mob violence ..

.. Many of us in America are going to be as tolerable of this intolerable wounded leftist "cancel culture" mob as the Jews -- and the rest of the world -- were of Hitler.

The "cancel culture" needs to stop, and soon .. or there will be a race war that will devastate this country.

Of course you are champ.

I'm 16 and my girlfriend is 15.

I wouldn't want to go much below 14.

Both of us are healthy, fit, and aside from suffering periodic bouts with numerical dyslexia, we have all our mental faculties (yeah, debatable, I know).

But too great an age difference would put too much of a burden on her when I'm 18 or 19.

So I like to keep a reasonable age difference.

Last year I was really concerned about our age difference.

But she turned 15 in July, and I was greatly relieved.

Trump's appeal to white, straight, Christian males is as identity politics as you can get. But when its an appeal to those in power, it just seems normal to many people.
No, Trump himself doesn't seek out to attract with identity politics any race, gender, religion, or sexual preference the way Hillary explicitly separated them out and sought to attract them via identity politics. Trump is openly inclusive to all and panders to no one via identity politics in his campaigning; Hillary, on the other hand explicitly pandered to people by these four criteria, and, via identity politics. Trump is, however, straight, White, Christian, and male, and many on the wounded left delude that describes what wounded them, thanks to Hillary making such statements after the 2016 election, so I can see where leftists make their mistake about Trump on this topic.

But regardless, you missed the point.

White straight Christian males aren't advocating that individuals in the intolerable wounded leftist "cancel culture" mob be silenced or fired -- they just want the intolerable wounded left to stop getting them silenced or fired merely because they disagree with the "cancel culture" conspiracy theory about the degree and prevalence of racism in America.

But the intolerable wounded leftist "cancel culture" mob is indeed advocating that those they target be both silenced and fired from their job.

That's a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
I am 68, and I've been politically aware for a number of decades
Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
I'm 16 and my girlfriend is 15

What the ****, chuck?

I think you've been watching too much Fox News.
I seldom watch the news -- I read a lot of it though, from diverse sources. And, I've learned from experience that the lame-stream media (MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC, and ABC and other liberal-oriented presentations) present statements and conclusions that are contradicted by both actual news video and the quotes of those who actually make the news.

So, maybe, it's possible that you've been watching too much lame-stream media news.

If you have to watch news, try moderate Fox. They've had their share of disagreements with Trump, so they're clearly not a rubber-stamp conservative news.

Fox is moderate. Though I'm sure the myopic left blurs the distinction whenever they look to the right of themselves, not being able to differentiate between moderate and conservative.

And if Biden does win the election Republicans will again be against marital infidelity, deficits, the debt, expanding federal powers, lying, and a long list of other minor things they've totally abandoned since the Bush years.

Of course you are champ.
I win!

I bet a friend of mine that my first sentence would play you into responding exactly this way.

Thanks for making me five dollars richer!

What the ****, chuck?
Go back and read Jetboogieman's old quote of me from seven years ago, and notice where I was joking about my "bouts with numerical dyslexia" simply to make my entire post he's quoting an amusement.

He likes to have fun with me, for some reason.

He knows I'm 68.

He just likes to feign misconstruing so he can chide me. :lol:

And if Biden does win the election Republicans will again be against marital infidelity, deficits, the debt, expanding federal powers, lying, and a long list of other minor things they've totally abandoned since the Bush years.

Maybe so. Maybe not.

I read this post, and I am angry at myself for wasting the time that required. How many times did you have to trim it to fit it in the maximum character limit?

Of course you are champ.

bb93073ab5b6c393d9bddd6d948a95fc.gif

These minority groups you describe don't dislike Trump or Republicans simply because they liked Clinton....

The Republicans have for years tried to block LGBTQ rights. Why would LGBTQ people be on Team Republican?

The Republicans have for years tried to block a woman's right to decide whats best for her body. Why would Women be on Team Republican?

The Republicans have often been in power in some of the States with the most racism in the United States. States advocating to keep Confederate Monuments and Flags. Why would People of Color be Republican?

Add in Trump blatantly fanning the flames and of course these groups are gonna be even more loud. Social Media also makes it much easier to instantly connect and unite in a way that was not really possible in previous generations.

These minority groups you describe don't dislike Trump or Republicans simply because they liked Clinton....
Your implication that all people of color, all people who aren't straight, all people who don't identify as male, and all people who aren't Protestant Christian, would never vote for Trump or be registered Republican .. is blatantly false.

The Republicans have for years tried to block LGBTQ rights. Why would LGBTQ people be on Team Republican?
Yet, many do. And the reason is because 1) they're not single-issue people, and 2) they knew eventually the tide was turning and they didn't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater and vote for the liberal Democrats' socialism.

Many LGBTQ people value Republican, more conservative, economics and Americans first over Multi-Cultural Internationalism championed by the the liberal Democrats, which is more important to them then the single identity politics egoistic aspect of being LGBGTQ.

Adults, mature adults, simply do not get caught up in identity politics. They look at the complete package, weigh the pros and cons, and make a decision.

Many LGBTQ people are opposed to socialist economics, and they're opposed to offshoring and outsourcing of American jobs to other countries that was so favored by Obama and the liberal Democrat Multi-Cultural Internationalists.

Many factors help mature adults decide their political perspective.

The Republicans have for years tried to block a woman's right to decide whats best for her body. Why would Women be on Team Republican?
Here you're really showing your liberal myopia.

Many women like the social conservative roles they play as wives and mothers, and many women are pro-life so they believe, accurately, that a human being begins to live at the moment of conception, and they are thus opposed to the unjustified killing of a prenatal human being.

Not every woman is pro-choice/pro-abortion. Indeed, there are quite a large number of women who are pro-life.

But again, you make it seem like every woman should decide their political perspective based on pro-choice/pro-abortion or pro-life.

Truly mature adult women are smarter than that. They look at multiple planks in a party's platform. That's why you have pro-choice/pro-abortion women who are Republicans and value conservative America-first economics and you have pro-life women who are Democrats because, for whatever reason, they prefer socialist economics and maybe align with other ideals on the left -- indeed many members of the pro-life group Feminists For Life are Democrats!

Still, identity politics isn't about abortion, it's about "one's own", in this case, one's own sex: female. You would have people believe that every woman should decide their political preference based on their "femaleness" as presented by the liberal Democrats' identity politics pander. And yet, a ton of women, emotionally mature women, simply don't do that.

The Republicans have often been in power in some of the States with the most racism in the United States. States advocating to keep Confederate Monuments and Flags. Why would People of Color be Republican?
The answer: like Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell, Ben Carson, Tim Scott, and Candace Owens, they don't succumb to identity politics looking at the color of their skin as the only criteria for deciding their party and plank preferences. In addition, most of them don't think there's a "racist" problem in the Republican Party because there simply isn't.

Again, mature people of color don't use identity politics to decide their party preference, and they surely don't get caught up in the Marxist BLM "cancel culture" erroneously based mass hysteria that there's racism everywhere all the time in America, as that's something only emotionally immature people get caught up in.

And governing people of states that don't want their history items toppled by a violent hysterical BLM mob might be open to reason if the mob was replaced by .. reason. But threaten them by force, and just about anyone will resist.

Again, you have people of color all wrong, at least the mature ones. Here's a partial list of them, people of color who are Republicans and have worked in a direct professional capacity in politics: List of African-American Republicans - Wikipedia.

As you may note, many of these people are famous for accurately decrying the BLM "cancel culture" conspiracy theory that there's "rampant racism all over America".

Add in Trump blatantly fanning the flames and of course these groups are gonna be even more loud. Social Media also makes it much easier to instantly connect and unite in a way that was not really possible in previous generations.
Here your false assertion that Trump is "blatantly fanning the flames" of these identity politics succumbers is simply ludicrous.

Trump isn't fanning anything. The only ones fanning anything today are Marxist BLM that's most definitely using its "cancel culture" to fan a race war.

No, all straight, white, male Trump is doing is presenting the conservative perspective .. and, of course, rightly shooting down the anti-White racist organization BLM and their unjustified violence in our cities' streets as all mature Americans do.

Trump, is all inclusive, as he greatly supports all races, genders and sexual orientations in the Republican Party.

Clearly, you have a lot of politics backwards.

I'm not going to reply to each breakdown because none of it was really necessary. The Original Poster lumped these groups in with CLINTON Voters and my question was why would they expect them not to be? You can claim all you want that "mature" people in these demographics are apart of the Republican Party, but the reality is that according to Gallup, only 6% of African Americans identify as Republicans and only 21% of LGBTQ People identify as Republican. Meanwhile 56% of Women identify as Democrat while only 37% identify as Republican. There is a reason for this. The Republican Party does not have a history of being a welcoming place for these groups.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom