• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the world probably sees us as privileged crybabies!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I just watched again the HBO series "Pacific". It came after the "Band of Brothers" series on HBO. It was a realistic portrayal of soldiers fighting in the Pacific during WWII. I found it interesting that so many were willing to give their lives and their health to keep their fellow military men from being killed and to keep our country free. What do I, an American Vet, and many in the world see today of Americans. They see us as a bunch of privileged crybabies who it is too tough for us to wear masks to save not only our fellow Americans but our way of life. All I can say to those who are too weak of character to wear a mask for the greater good, why don't you just go around saying boo hoo hoo. It will fit you just perfectly, Pitiful.

I just watched again the HBO series "Pacific". It came after the "Band of Brothers" series on HBO. It was a realistic portrayal of soldiers fighting in the Pacific during WWII. I found it interesting that so many were willing to give their lives and their health to keep their fellow military men from being killed and to keep our country free. What do I, an American Vet, and many in the world see today of Americans. They see us as a bunch of privileged crybabies who it is too tough for us to wear masks to save not only our fellow Americans but our way of life. All I can say to those who are too weak of character to wear a mask for the greater good, why don't you just go around saying boo hoo hoo. It will fit you just perfectly, Pitiful.

I loved “Band of Brothers.” I literally subscribed to HBO because of that series. I had read Ambrose’s book years earlier and my mother knew one of the characters and left me some notes in the paperback copy she gifted to me. My father fought in the ETO, so I was probably biased. I looked forward to “Pacific” and followed up on a few of the books it was based on. That being said, I found “BoB” much better done. “Pacific” was a bit of a letdown, imo.

I loved “Band of Brothers.” I literally subscribed to HBO because of that series. I had read Ambrose’s book years earlier and my mother knew one of the characters and left me some notes in the paperback copy she gifted to me. My father fought in the ETO, so I was probably biased. I looked forward to “Pacific” and followed up on a few of the books it was based on. That being said, I found “BoB” much better done. “Pacific” was a bit of a letdown, imo.

I found Pacific to be more realistic than BOB. After watching it I found myself very angry at the people who in this country are complaining about having to wear a mask. So I say crybabies!!!

Back
Top Bottom