• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the WH won't secure our borders

Funny how this became such a big deal when there was a (D) in the president's slot. The (R)'s seem to get a pass.

huh? Are you suggesting the minutmen and other border issues were not in the forfront during the bush years? :shock:

Which is why no serious person should have taken Kyl's words at face value. We should only accept what can be supported.
Two people in the room. So Obama's statement is more valid than Kyl's? They are both politicians. They both bend the facts. I have yet to see Obama or Janet do much for Arizona or other borders States.

Two people in the room. So Obama's statement is more valid than Kyl's? They are both politicians. They both bend the facts. I have yet to see Obama or Janet do much for Arizona or other borders States.

No, you miss the point entirely. The fact is neither can provide support, so we shouldn't accept this at all. For us, the entire conversation didn't happen. As Kyl said it did, the burden is his and not Obama's. That just how these things work. But we should not take anything that is not supported as being true.

huh? Are you suggesting the minutmen and other border issues were not in the forfront during the bush years? :shock:

thus far, both parties have paid lip service to securing the borders. that's it. bush was right about amnesty, btw.

No, you miss the point entirely. The fact is neither can provide support, so we shouldn't accept this at all. For us, the entire conversation didn't happen. As Kyl said it did, the burden is his and not Obama's. That just how these things work. But we should not take anything that is not supported as being true.

So I can agree that both are not telling the whole story. It is politics. However, I think the adminstration has yet to send staff down to Arizona to look further into the issue of illegals. It was reported that it was promised after the meeting between the Gov and the Pres. Guess for some the Administration is doing something, there taking Az to court. Wonder if the small town in Nebraska will be next?

So I can agree that both are not telling the whole story. It is politics. However, I think the adminstration has yet to send staff down to Arizona to look further into the issue of illegals. It was reported that it was promised after the meeting between the Gov and the Pres. Guess for some the Administration is doing something, there taking Az to court. Wonder if the small town in Nebraska will be next?

No one is really going to do anything. You'll see smoke and mirrors, but ten years from now will still be debating this problem.

Funny how this became such a big deal when there was a (D) in the president's slot. The (R)'s seem to get a pass.

That's total bull**** and you know it. We jumped all over Bush for not closing the border, as did Hannity and others.

That's total bull**** and you know it. We jumped all over Bush for not closing the border, as did Hannity and others.
Not nearly to the degree that I see it being done to Obama currently.

No one is really going to do anything. You'll see smoke and mirrors, but ten years from now will still be debating this problem.

True that!

I don't think the feds are ever going to do anything about this. The states are really the ones who get screwed and contrary to popular belief, many illegal aliens actually do pay taxes (with false documents) and bolster Social Security 7 billion a year. 7 billion of money that they count on. That they know, no one can ever claim.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/05/business/05immigration.html

I know some people who actually own a small business where they would never knowingly hire someone who was illegal. They were informed by the social security office (about four years ago) that one of their employees was using a false number and that they were illegal and that the business would be fined. The business owner asked the SS person if they should fire the "illegal immigrant" and the SS person said NO that would be discrimination. *face palm*

So if some agree that the Feds are not going to secure the borders. Then why the fuss when a State decides to start taking action to slow the influx of illegals? It seems the Feds are turning the problem over to the States by inaction.

So if some agree that the Feds are not going to secure the borders. Then why the fuss when a State decides to start taking action to slow the influx of illegals? It seems the Feds are turning the problem over to the States by inaction.

See two motivational elements in play here:

One is a very vocal subset of the population that is quite happy with the current status quo. (these would be the protesters and the screamers)

The other is the purely political interest of protecting/defending a homey voting block.

Back
Top Bottom