• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why the Steelers will win the Super Bowl

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The reason the Steelers will win the Superbowl is the Seahawks are a paper tiger........They play in the weakest division and have the softest schedule in the NFL..........

Steelers 27-13

Eat your heart out Billo:2razz:

Navy Pride said:
The reason the Steelers will win the Superbowl is the Seahawks are a paper tiger........They play in the weakest division and have the softest schedule in the NFL..........

Steelers 27-13

I hope so, but I fear it will be much closer then that, with the Seahawks on top! I can now look with an unbiased eye, even though I do prefer the Steelers, I think speed will be key in this ballgame. I do look forward to a good superbowl for a change though, not an unbalanced ass kicking for once.

Deegan said:
I hope so, but I fear it will be much closer then that, with the Seahawks on top! I can now look with an unbiased eye, even though I do prefer the Steelers, I think speed will be key in this ballgame. I do look forward to a good superbowl for a change though, not an unbalanced ass kicking for once.

I think you will see the Steelers shut down Alexander and like they did with Plummer make Hasselback beat them and that won't happen..........

Navy Pride said:
I think you will see the Steelers shut down Alexander and like they did with Plummer make Hasselback beat them and that won't happen..........

So they are going to break his leg too, that just might work?:shock:

Navy Pride said:

Steelers 27-13

#1: I call the Seahawks the Starbucks, because they are from Seattle, the Starbucks capitol of the world. So thus, to me, they are the Seattle Starbucks.

#2: I'm undecided on who I WANT to win. I dislike the Steelers because of this one guy I know who is a Steelers fan and he's a big a--hole. I dislike the Starbucks because they beat my Giants this year, and they're from the Left Coast. (LOL, J/K).

#3: The Steelers got "Big Ben" Roethlisberger (who I wish the Giants had gotten). But the Starbucks have Shaun Alexander. I just don't know who I want to win. So I guess I'll just hope for a good high scoring game. And may the better team win.

:rofl They just may be the Seattle Starbucks one day, I wouldn't sh!t ya, you're my favorite terd.;)

As a dedicated Cleveland Browns fan, all I have to say is that I don't care who wins, as long as it isn't the Steelers.

Mikkel said:
As a dedicated Cleveland Browns fan, all I have to say is that I don't care who wins, as long as it isn't the Steelers.

Right on! Not about being a Browns fan, but about the whole 'I don't care who wins, as long as it isn't the Steelers'!!!!

Donkey1499 said:
terd? Sorry buddy, but I'm not the Browns. lol

Hey now. Watch it, you. We're going all the way next year. You'll see.

Why the Seahawks will win the Super Bowl

The Seahawks are better than the Steelers. The Steelers may be on a roll, but the Seahawks have been on a roll all year! Just look at position match-ups:

Alexander vs. Parker/Bettis

Alexander wins easily. Bettis is good, but only for short gains. (And who is Willie Parker?)

Hasselbeck vs. Roethlisberger

Both great QBs, but Hasselbeck has more experience than second-year Ben.

Jackson + Jurevicious + Stevens vs. Ward + Randel-El + Miller

Even. The recievers are all good and neither team has an advantage.

Seattle Defense vs. Steelers Defense

Even. Seahawks have allowed only 24 points in the two playoff games, and Delhomme had nowhere to go with the football. Steelers have good blitzing defense with Polamalu and Joey Porter, which puts pressure on QBs.

Holmgren vs. Cowher

Holmgren has won a Super Bowl before, Cowher hasn't. Gotta go with Holmgren here.

Seattle Seahawks vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers are good, and are on fire. The defense may scare Hasselbeck a bit, but it won't be a major factor. Roethlisberger has the talent but lacks experience, and he'll crack if the game is tight. Steelers have lots of momentum and have the support of the fans.

But the Seahawks have been on fire all year. Going 13-3, losing to the Jaguars, the Redskins (in a game that should've been won), and the Packers (when the starters sat out after Q1). Seattle is a good team, and they can't be beaten.

I pick the Seahawks to win a close one, 27-21.

Yeah, the Seahawks are on a roll.............The are in the worse division in the NFL and got 6 wins over such powerhouses as the Rams, Forty Niners, and Cardinals............

The Steelers beat the number 1,2,3 seeds on the road..............

This will be no contest..........

Steelers 27-13.............Take it to the bank

Your going down NP.

Down, down, down,
Np going down,
Down, down, down,
Np going down,

carreya4pw.gif

Billo_Really said:
Your going down NP.

Down, down, down,
Np going down,
Down, down, down,
Np going down,

Hipster 'n NP: allies on one out out 1,000,000,000 issues! ;)
Kind of like Hillary 'n Newt with Health Care

Go Steelers!

Originally posted by hipsterdufus:
Hipster 'n NP: allies on one out out 1,000,000,000 issues!
Kind of like Hillary 'n Newt with Health Care

Go Steelers!
I'm in the same boat with KCConservative. He's a KC Chief fan. The 1970 Chiefs were my favorite team of all-time. And that sucks! I don't want to be his ally.

Mikkel said:

I'm a Jets guy and I couldn't have said it better.

btw One question about the Browns I've always wondered: Who created your logo and what was his inspiration?:lol:

Che said:
I'm a Jets guy and I couldn't have said it better.

btw One question about the Browns I've always wondered: Who created your logo and what was his inspiration?:lol:

I'm pretty sure it was designed by Al Gore, and his inspiration was an orange football helmet.

Navy Pride said:
Yeah, the Seahawks are on a roll.............The are in the worse division in the NFL and got 6 wins over such powerhouses as the Rams, Forty Niners, and Cardinals............

The Steelers beat the number 1,2,3 seeds on the road..............

This will be no contest..........

Steelers 27-13.............Take it to the bank

They are very even as far as talent goes, but I have done something I don't usually do, I have changed my pick!:shock:

Steelers 28 Seahawks 24

I took in to account the one thing I did not consider, and that is the fan. The Steelers fans are real fans, and the Seahawks........well, they are in Seattle, and those liberals don't know sh!t about football, much less loyalty, pride, and honor, sorry, but that's my feeling about this.;)

Deegan said:
They are very even as far as talent goes, but I have done something I don't usually do, I have changed my pick!:shock:

Steelers 28 Seahawks 24

I took in to account the one thing I did not consider, and that is the fan. The Steelers fans are real fans, and the Seahawks........well, they are in Seattle, and those liberals don't know sh!t about football, much less loyalty, pride, and honor, sorry, but that's my feeling about this.;)

I think could be right about the fans being an issue. The Steelers will have a larger presentation at the game, this could be an issue. As far as bad mouthing Hawks fans, I think you're dead wrong. People around here have loyal through shitty year after shitty year. Though I guess you could be right about the pride thing. Kinda of hard to be proud of a team that chokes year after year in the post season.

It was the the 1st half that bullshited the hawks out of winning. Jackson's pushing call was plain stupid since both players were doing it, and Rothlesburger didn't get in. He just put the ball in after. You could see by the replay.

Che said:
It was the the 1st half that bullshited the hawks out of winning. Jackson's pushing call was plain stupid since both players were doing it, and Rothlesburger didn't get in. He just put the ball in after. You could see by the replay.

Maybe yes, maybe no. I mean I agree with the pushing call but whether he got in or not is debatable. Bad calls happen. Maybe a Steelers fan could pick apart the game and claim this call or that call didn't go their way. You have to outplay the other team, the Hawks didn't do that. I think the Hawks seriously blew the game with their handling of the clock both at the end of the half and the end of game.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I really wanted them to win. Maybe next year.

Originally Posted by Pacridge
Haven't you been wrong with every pick this year? Why couldn't you pick the Steelers?
I picked Chuck Luddell. Did you see teacher's new avatar?

Back
Top Bottom