• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the "Social Justice" Fad Is Failing

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
We want freedom. We want to be able to do, say, be, read, and play at anything. We have faith in ourselves that we are all able to make the best judgments for ourselves and what we believe in. We don’t need to be told how to speak. We don’t need to be told what books to read. We don’t need to be told which video games to play. We don’t need to be told any of those things. We don’t need to be instructed and lectured by politicians, we don’t need to be badgered and hectored by feminists, and we don’t need to be lied to by journalists. People are sick of it, and they are sick of the entire mendacious edifice. What is behind the rejection of this social justice thing, this language policing, this political correctness, these safe spaces, trigger warnings, micro aggressions, all this horse****, is the rejection of the idea that somebody else knows better than we do how to live our lives.

Paraphrased from Milo Yiannopoulos.

God please let it end..

We want freedom. We want to be able to do, say, be, read, and play at anything. We have faith in ourselves that we are all able to make the best judgments for ourselves and what we believe in. We don’t need to be told how to speak. We don’t need to be told what books to read. We don’t need to be told which video games to play. We don’t need to be told any of those things. We don’t need to be instructed and lectured by politicians, we don’t need to be badgered and hectored by feminists, and we don’t need to be lied to by journalists. People are sick of it, and they are sick of the entire mendacious edifice. What is behind the rejection of this social justice thing, this language policing, this political correctness, these safe spaces, trigger warnings, micro aggressions, all this horse****, is the rejection of the idea that somebody else knows better than we do how to live our lives.

Go for it! My freedom means that I can reply.

It is a demonstrated lack of respect for my equality.

****. That.

You learn a few things when you spend a career in the Navy, when you live for years in VERY close proximity to a few hundred of your closest shipmates. You learn that if you play loud music, you're keeping others from sleeping, and people get pissed off. You learn that if you don't take showers, you begin to stink, and people get pissed off. You learn that if you don't clean up your own rack, it looks like crap and reflects on everyone around you...and people get pissed off.

In a nutshell, you learn that even though you're an adult who is fully capable of making his own decisions, for the sake of keeping the peace, you have to take into consideration those who live around you.

And that's what much (though not all e.g. lying journalists etc.) of your paraphrased quote misses - you want to have all the freedoms of adulthood, but your freedom ENDS where the other person's freedom BEGINS. You can be as free as you want, as long as your freedom does not detract from the freedoms and opportunities of others.

Now you can ignore all this if you can find somewhere in the world where you can truly live not just as a sovereign citizen, but alone, without anyone else around you...but if you're going to live around other people, if you want to live a peaceful life, then you must remember that your freedom ends where the other people's freedom begins.

You learn a few things when you spend a career in the Navy, when you live for years in VERY close proximity to a few hundred of your closest shipmates. You learn that if you play loud music, you're keeping others from sleeping, and people get pissed off. You learn that if you don't take showers, you begin to stink, and people get pissed off. You learn that if you don't clean up your own rack, it looks like crap and reflects on everyone around you...and people get pissed off.

In a nutshell, you learn that even though you're an adult who is fully capable of making his own decisions, for the sake of keeping the peace, you have to take into consideration those who live around you.

And that's what much (though not all e.g. lying journalists etc.) of your paraphrased quote misses - you want to have all the freedoms of adulthood, but your freedom ENDS where the other person's freedom BEGINS. You can be as free as you want, as long as your freedom does not detract from the freedoms and opportunities of others.

Now you can ignore all this if you can find somewhere in the world where you can truly live not just as a sovereign citizen, but alone, without anyone else around you...but if you're going to live around other people, if you want to live a peaceful life, then you must remember that your freedom ends where the other people's freedom begins.

No one has the right to force you to shower, clean up after yourself or to even turn down your music. People can bitch about those things all they please, but once they get it into their head they can force you to follow their will they have stepped over the line. Regardless, when it comes to social justice warriors and feminists their little game of social coercion is starting to fail and they are learning that people are tired of their ****.

No one has the right to force you to shower, clean up after yourself or to even turn down your music. People can bitch about those things all they please, but once they get it into their head they can force you to follow their will they have stepped over the line. Regardless, when it comes to social justice warriors and feminists their little game of social coercion is failing and they are learning that people are tired of their ****.

Your comment is a prime example of what I'm referring to. Sure, your claims sound really good over a cold beer in a bar, but in the real world, when you live around other people whose freedoms and rights are every bit as important as your own, your claims are shown for what they really are: just talk.

Your comment is a prime example of what I'm referring to. Sure, your claims sound really good over a cold beer in a bar, but in the real world, when you live around other people whose freedoms and rights are every bit as important as your own, your claims are shown for what they really are: just talk.

There is no right to not deal with stinky people, to not look at messes, or not hear loud music.

There is no right to not deal with stinky people, to not look at messes, or not hear loud music.

When your lack of personal hygiene is driving away the customers, the boss has every right to fire you for not following company policy. Even if you're just a customer, he can get you kicked out of the store for causing a disturbance within the store because you stink.

Even if you own your house outright, if you're just leaving it as a junkyard, it's costing your neighbors perhaps even tens of thousands of dollars in lost property value - which is why most cities have laws in place to force you to clean up your mess, or they'll do it and bill you for it.

If you're playing loud music, just as you have a right to listen to your music, others have a right to peace and quiet...and your freedom ends where theirs begins. That's why there's laws against disturbing the peace.

Your freedom ends where others' freedom begins. If you don't like that, then go become a hermit - that's your only way out of it.

When your lack of personal hygiene is driving away the customers, the boss has every right to fire you for not following company policy.

That's because of the right to association. You do realize that doesn't mean he can force me to not stink, right?

Even if you own your house outright, if you're just leaving it as a junkyard, it's costing your neighbors perhaps even tens of thousands of dollars in lost property value - which is why most cities have laws in place to force you to clean up your mess, or they'll do it and bill you for it.

So what? They have on right to keep their property values high.

If you're playing loud music, just as you have a right to listen to your music, others have a right to peace and quiet...and your freedom ends where theirs begins. That's why there's laws against disturbing the peace.

Ummm..what? No, they don't have a right to not hear what they don't want to hear. That's silly.

What your post misses is that while yes you have the freedom to take offense at the drop of the hat I also have the freedom to ignore you so long as no crimes have been committed.

Eventually I will use it in the face bullies, even if they act weak and whiny, because I never bought into victim culture, and even if they riot, because my mamma raised no fool.

Last edited:

Wow!

This is 'Post of the Month' material, right here! :thumbs:

Wow! :thumbs:

This is 'Post of the Month' material, right here!

He is right to a point, but what he misses changes everything. I think we have had just about enough of being bossed around because some thin skinned prick with low IQ decided to take offense, and decided that he was in charge of me (****er!).

We might just start telling them to shove off.

Empathy has to work both ways.

Ya know?

Last edited:

His point is that when your behavior crosses the line and detrimentally effects the life of others, then there's a problem. In the warship example, you might enjoy playing, say, Five Finger Death Punch extremely loudly late at night, but that prevents others from getting any sleep, pisses people off and ultimately hurts the effectiveness of the ship as a whole. Especially since people don't get a ton of sleep on a warship anyway.

The worship of individualism is slightly creepy tbh, and I'm saying this as someone whose been disgusted with all the safe space stuff on college campuses in recent years.

You think so?

Come into my neighborhood or any other one of the many decent & civilized neighborhoods across this nation, and convince us that you should crank your music disturbing our peace.

I guarantee you you're dreaming if you think there's no laws against noise.

Where do you get this stuff from?

He is right to a point, but what he misses changes everything. I think we have had just about enough of being bossed around because some thin skinned prick with low IQ decided to take offense, decided that he was in charge of me.

We might just start telling them to shove off.

Ya know?
It's all a matter of degree of course; like he said: "Your rights end when they infringe upon mine"

Henrin, above, is telling us no one has a right to be immune from his loud music, for example. Obviously he's wrong, depending upon circumstance.

What your post misses is that while yes you have the freedom to take offense at the drop of the hat I also have the freedom to ignore you so long as no crimes have been committed.

Eventually I will use it in the face bullies, even if they act weak and whiny, because I never bought into victim culture, and even if they riot, because my mamma raised no fool.
You are absolutely right in the bolded.

If no laws are broken, it's nobody's freaking business what anyone else does; live & let live!

It's all a matter of degree of course; like he said: "Your rights end when they infringe upon mine"

Henrin, above, is telling us no one has a right to be immune from his loud music, for example. Obviously he's wrong, depending upon circumstance.

Right, but Glenn's post missed about half the story.

I just wanted to make sure everyone is well aware, dont want to be handing out too much praise for being around half right ya know.

We are cool though, I love your enthusiasm!

And your instincts.

You think so?

Come into my neighborhood or any other one of the many decent & civilized neighborhoods across this nation, and convince us that you should crank your music disturbing our peace.

I guarantee you you're dreaming if you think there's no laws against noise.

Where do you get this stuff from?

If you want people to not play loud music get them to agree to not do it.

You are absolutely right in the bolded.

If no laws are broken, it's nobody's freaking business what anyone else does; live & let live!

What right do you have to not listen to loud music? Please enlighten me how you have a right to control the sound around you.

Henrin said:
What right do you have to not listen to loud music? Please enlighten me how you have a right to control the sound around you.

Isn't playing loud music controlling the sound around me?

Because I own the amplifiers. Stick that in your...whatever... And I have the right to turn my property up!

Now:

I have the right to be free from your disturbance, Henrin.

Honestly, where do you come-up with this stuff? I'm sure you can't act in society the way you propose in your posts. You'd never make it to the end of the block! :doh

Back
Top Bottom