• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the Republicans should nominate Garland

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
At this point, the chances of Hillary Clinton winning the White House are about 90%. The Republicans have 4 more Senate seats up for for grabs. The chances of Democrats winning the Senate are decent. So what kind of Justice do you think granny will nominate? Right! A young, hard core liberal who will be on that bench for decades.
Just being pragmatic.

At this point, the chances of Hillary Clinton winning the White House are about 90%. The Republicans have 4 more Senate seats up for for grabs. The chances of Democrats winning the Senate are decent. So what kind of Justice do you think granny will nominate? Right! A young, hard core liberal who will be on that bench for decades.
Just being pragmatic.

I am really having difficulty understanding what the Republicans' endgame is in this whole justice stonewalling. While I might think it is unethical to delay approval for the better part of a year just to gain a political advantage, I could at least understand it. But what is the advantage? The Republicans are not going to get a chance to get anyone better. Hillary is a lot more cutthroat than Obama.

I am really having difficulty understanding what the Republicans' endgame is in this whole justice stonewalling. While I might think it is unethical to delay approval for the better part of a year just to gain a political advantage, I could at least understand it. But what is the advantage? The Republicans are not going to get a chance to get anyone better. Hillary is a lot more cutthroat than Obama.

A lot of us have probably been wondering the same: whats the point when every piece of data available says that the republicans are looking at very very long odds at winning the general. Did no one think this through in the rush to take another opportunity to tell Obama "No, and you can't make us!" ? And after a year of stonewalling, the pressure to pass Shillary's pick will be twice as strong, and her pick will be at least twice as liberal.

Back
Top Bottom