• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the rape and incest exclusion.

Why the rape and incest exclusion.
Funny you should ask. What a coincidence. I've often wondered - why were rape and incest excluded from the "ten commandments"?
Sounds like someone must have been listening to a burning bush, eh?

Is the unborn child tainted by sin or not human?

Some anti choicers do not believe in a rape/incest exception. They truly believe the zef has a right to life, even at the expense of the host woman.

Others do make an exception because they believe the pregnancy was not the woman's fault. Meaning, if it was consensual sex, it was her fault and she must be punished.

All humans are born in sin no matter how they were conceived. After birth, the baby will not be able to avoid sin and becoming a sinner. It makes no difference whether a baby was conceived by consensual sex or rape. But if an unborn human is aborted, his/her fate will no doubt be going to heaven, where life is perfect, because he/she cannot sin before birth. The Bible confirms it in Job 10.

Job 10:18-22
18“ Why then did you bring me out of the womb? I wish I had died before any eye saw me. 19 If only I had never come into being, or had been carried straight from the womb to the grave!. 20 Are not my few days almost over? Turn away from me so I can have a moment’s joy 21 before I go to the place of no return, to the land of gloom and utter darkness, 22 to the land of deepest night, of utter darkness and disorder, where even the light is like darkness.”

In addition, if a girl or immature woman is raped, there is very little chance she will properly take care of her baby. She can't take care of herself during or after her unwanted pregnancy, much less the unwanted child. The only way out of her situation is abortion.

Regardless of the means, the child did not ask to be conceived so why should they be punished?

How can something that has never had sentience or feeling be punished?

Some anti choicers do not believe in a rape/incest exception. They truly believe the zef has a right to life, even at the expense of the host woman.

Others do make an exception because they believe the pregnancy was not the woman's fault. Meaning, if it was consensual sex, it was her fault and she must be punished.
Weird but true. Of course, the man is always the other "innocent" victim of abortion.

Regardless of the means, the child did not ask to be conceived so why should they be punished?
Answer the OP question.

Well SOME people believe in this exclusion, some don't, for some it doesn;t even play in to the topic.

But luckily in america womans legal and human rights are going to be removed any time soon so . . . . just like the majority of first world countries or countries with similar governments based on rights and freedoms, it doesn't matter

THose that want an abortion can have one within reason and those that don't, aren't forced to get one. Its a perfect example of the American way.

The fetus is not in a state of sin nor is it in a state of legal personhood.It is simply the product of a rape. The question is who gets to decide what happens to the product of rape?

Does the person who has had their legal rights violated, their personhood trampled upon , their sense of worth, their trust, their innermost self, harmed forever decide what happens to the product of the rape or do the leaders of some obscure religious body unknown to the victim have the legal power to tell the raped woman she has to bring into her world a child that will have the same features as the rapist?

What gives the men and women of some church more power than the Constitution to make decisions about the lives of people outside of their church. Their only argument justifying their power is that they have decided they are the only ones that can represent God's wishes.

Sorry, I don't take orders from you...
You also dont have the ability to do so honestly. But at least you didnt regurgitate a scripture.

You also dont have the ability to do so honestly. But at least you didnt regurgitate a scripture.
At least you're not regurgitating your usual lies, though I'm sure you will do so again...a "Christian" hating scripture...imagine that...

At least you're not regurgitating your usual lies, though I'm sure you will do so again...a "Christian" hating scripture...imagine that...
Anytime you'd like to use your own words to show where I've lied...I'd love to see it. Don't bother with the scriptures, it's obvious you dont understand them.

All I did was ask you to address the OP's question and you attacked me. It's a discussion forum...if you cant discuss a topic, why post? Certainly a mini-tantrum "you cant tell me what to do" response is not appropriate.

Anytime you'd like to use your own words to show where I've lied...I'd love to see it. Don't bother with the scriptures, it's obvious you dont understand them.

All I did was ask you to address the OP's question and you attacked me. It's a discussion forum...if you cant discuss a topic, why post? Certainly a mini-tantrum "you cant tell me what to do" response is not appropriate.
Deal with it...

Deal with it...
I am. That's how I respond when you lie and call me a liar.

Anytime you'd like to use your own words to show where I've lied...I'd love to see it. Don't bother with the scriptures, it's obvious you dont understand them.​

I am. That's how I respond when you lie and call me a liar.

Anytime you'd like to use your own words to show where I've lied...I'd love to see it. Don't bother with the scriptures, it's obvious you dont understand them.​
I'm not here to cater to your whims...

I'm not here to cater to your whims...
LMAO you just 100% reinforced my post. Didnt you even read it? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But again, it is a discussion forum. Please stop calling me a liar without backing it up as a deflection for not being able to discuss.

LMAO you just 100% reinforced my post. Didnt you even read it? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But again, it is a discussion forum. Please stop calling me a liar without backing it up as a deflection for not being able to discuss.
Not really...I pay little attention to anything you say...I know what your posts consist of...lies...

I understand the exception that some wish to have for rape, as that one at least goes with the logic "pregnancy is a consequence of a choice being made to have sex, so if you didn't make that choice, then you should get a default choice to abort early in the pregnancy" (not my current stances, but certainly part of the reasoning used for rape exception)(also, this may not be the only reason for an exception for rape).

However, the problem with the incest exception is that it is based on really flawed reasoning. Either the incest was consensual (two adults, simply related, choosing to have sex) or it is rape, so would fall under that exception anyway. If not, then the only reason to allow for an incest exception is that there is a possibility of genetic problems with offspring that is the result of incest. But then that doesn't fit with the majority prolife position not giving an exception for actual identified genetic problems in offspring.

I have actually been prolife (some of my earlier postings on here show it) and yet that one has never made sense to me, regardless of my position taken. Now, I'm prochoice, so it really doesn't matter, but that one seems to be based on illogical reasoning of some sort.

I understand the exception that some wish to have for rape, as that one at least goes with the logic "pregnancy is a consequence of a choice being made to have sex, so if you didn't make that choice, then you should get a default choice to abort early in the pregnancy" (not my current stances, but certainly part of the reasoning used for rape exception)(also, this may not be the only reason for an exception for rape).

However, the problem with the incest exception is that it is based on really flawed reasoning. Either the incest was consensual (two adults, simply related, choosing to have sex) or it is rape, so would fall under that exception anyway. If not, then the only reason to allow for an incest exception is that there is a possibility of genetic problems with offspring that is the result of incest. But then that doesn't fit with the majority prolife position not giving an exception for actual identified genetic problems in offspring.

I have actually been prolife (some of my earlier postings on here show it) and yet that one has never made sense to me, regardless of my position taken. Now, I'm prochoice, so it really doesn't matter, but that one seems to be based on illogical reasoning of some sort.
Welcome to pro-choice where one is free to choose the right solution for their family free from someone else's riligious dogma. Or not. Your choice. :)

Welcome to pro-choice where one is free to choose the right solution for their family free from someone else's riligious dogma. Or not. Your choice. :)
LOL, I've been prochoice for a while. I've been on this site since 2007.

Back
Top Bottom