• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the need for an abortion-stance proclamaition?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Abortion seems to be one of the few issues that a newbie to a forum feels compelled to start a new thread about upon arrival in order to proclaim their view.

Why is this? What does it mean?

Abortion seems to be one of the few issues that a newbie to a forum feels compelled to start a new thread about upon arrival in order to proclaim their view.

Why is this? What does it mean?

1. It is a hot button issue. So people are pretty likely to have an opinion on it already.

2. It can appear to have very few aspects to it. This allows people to think that their opinion has it "all figured out" and, therefore, people must just be missing the obvious resolution to the issue (their stance).

2. It can appear to have very few aspects to it. This allows people to think that their opinion has it "all figured out" and, therefore, people must just be missing the obvious resolution to the issue (their stance).

This is interesting actually. I wonder what percentage of people posting in here are guilty of doing this at one time or another (and are willing to admit it). I've done it, and I can think of a couple other posters who have as well. I also wonder what percentage of them still feel that way (I don't).

Back
Top Bottom