• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the military is souring on Trump

8fc0faaf-a2de-41cd-ab2d-feb3bb2ee93c-090620ThompsonSoldiersWeb.jpg

i've said forever, and you can ask other posters here who posted with me on another board, that Republicans have never been PRO military. they were only pro USE of military (when it suited them). like against Islamists.

You don’t have to sell me on that. Watching Trump dry hump a flag as “proof” of his love of our nation is all you need to understand about how infantile and anti-American the GOP is.

The fact that they love suppressing votes, even our own military’s that they profess to love, tells you what you need to know.

Those graves were brought to you by the swamp that hates Trump. Why? Because every dead American meant the MIC profits. Lots of it. Like those 5 trillion from the Bush's adventure in Iraq and Afghanistan to win the hearts and minds of the people that hate us and will hate us till the end of time.

Did you send your son there?

1) There is no such thing as a military industrial complex.
2) The U.S. military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan did not cost remotely 5 trillion dollars.

and I am for a smaller government so I am voting Democratic. I am sick of the insane spending we do under republicans. You should be too. When are you going to catch on, the gOP says they are fiscally conservative but spend more than Dems.

Plus, Trump has taken over the GOP and he is an animal. I don't allow animals in my home.

Are you kidding me?

Biden Outlines $700 Billion Economic-Revival Plan - WSJ

Joe Biden'''s $7 trillion spending proposal: What'''s in it? | Fox Business

You don’t have to sell me on that. Watching Trump dry hump a flag as “proof” of his love of our nation is all you need to understand about how infantile and anti-American the GOP is.

The fact that they love suppressing votes, even our own military’s that they profess to love, tells you what you need to know.

yeah, anyone with an ounce of integrity doesn't vote for Trump. it's all so obvious.

but, hey, least we got to see what a person turns out like if you spoil them, give them gobs of $$$$, constantly bail them out, never teach them morals and their God is actually money.

yeah, anyone with an ounce of integrity doesn't vote for Trump. it's all so obvious.

but, hey, least we got to see what a person turns out like if you spoil them, give them gobs of $$$$, constantly bail them out, never teach them morals and their God is actually money.

I haven’t paid too much attention to all the Trump books or the people selling them save for the anecdotes I read online. Mary Trump was the first one to kinda break through the noise. It’s been obvious Trump is an empty husk of a man, and Fred TRump is mostly responsible. He was a monster of epic proportions, and the truth is Donald never had a shot. I don’t feel bad for him, necessarily, but good lord was he primed to be who he is by someone who was probably an even worse human being.

Look at the last 4 years and you'll understand why we have to change leadership fiscally.

OK, but look at the bipartisan and nearly unanimous approval of the massively increased federal deficit spending. The only "debate" (among congress critters) is whether to add $3T or $1T more to that "emergency" federal deficit spending. Expect, yet another, "budget" CR to avoid making that call until after the 2020 elections.

I haven’t paid too much attention to all the Trump books or the people selling them save for the anecdotes I read online. Mary Trump was the first one to kinda break through the noise. It’s been obvious Trump is an empty husk of a man, and Fred TRump is mostly responsible. He was a monster of epic proportions, and the truth is Donald never had a shot. I don’t feel bad for him, necessarily, but good lord was he primed to be who he is by someone who was probably an even worse human being.

Donald is still trying to keep up with his daddy. If he has to lie, cheat and steal that's nothing to him. He'll let people die or lock up kids if it means more $$$$/power.

OK, but look at the bipartisan and nearly unanimous approval of the massively increased federal deficit spending. The only "debate" (among congress critters) is whether to add $3T or $1T more to that "emergency" federal deficit spending. Expect, yet another, "budget" CR to avoid making that call until after the 2020 elections.

Honestly, the budget is so ****ed up, I don't ever care much about it anymore.

It has just overwhelmed us. I no longer know how to fight back.

Honestly, the budget is so ****ed up, I don't ever care much about it anymore.

It has just overwhelmed us.
I no longer know how to fight back.

That seems to contradict your prior claim of being fiscally conservative. A vote for Biden/Harris (with a dose of Sanders policy tossed in) is about as far from being fiscally conservatve as it gets.

That seems to contradict your prior claim of being fiscally conservative. A vote for Biden/Harris (with a dose of Sanders policy tossed in) is about as far from being fiscally conservatve as it gets.

Fair point.

I have always been a fiscal conservative. It's almost a reflex to say and think like one.

At this point, I think I have lost the passion for it. We have spent so much that we don't have that I feel like it may be time to just give up.

Why should I care about paying what we borrowed if no one else does?

The debt is so big we literally can't balance the budget now without throwing the economy into a recession or depression.

Are the troops turning on Trump?

"Actually, "the soldiers" may not love him so much. Even before The Atlantic story was published, Trump's approval among the troops appeared to be slipping. A Military Times poll of more than 1,000 active-duty service members showed "a slight but significant" tilt toward former Vice President Joe Biden in the coming presidential election. And nearly half of respondents had an unfavorable view of the current president.

Throw in a few other scandals, old and new — Trump's deferments during Vietnam, his inaction in the face of reports of Russian bounties against American troops — and it's not hard to see why the relationship between the military and the president seems to be souring."

They know the deal. Trump is disgraceful.

Look, all the soldiers may not love Trump, I'm sure some of our troops are loyal democrat party supporters. I suggest you go and talk to soldiers and see what they say. I haven't personally talked to a soldier who is not pro Trump but then I've only spoken to a couple of dozen.

Fair point.

I have always been a fiscal conservative. It's almost a reflex to say and think like one.

At this point, I think I have lost the passion for it. We have spent so much that we don't have that I feel like it may be time to just give up.

Why should I care about paying what we borrowed if no one else does?

The debt is so big we literally can't balance the budget now without throwing the economy into a recession or depression.

Because borrowing with no intention of ever repaying that debt is simply theft.

obviously

but what can be done at this point, practically speaking?

Nothing, once folks (specifically congress critters) realize that they can get away with doing so. Public spending is popular while increased taxation to cover it is not. That is why federal "block grants" to the states (or direct federal payments to folks within the several states) are super popular - the public spending comes with no obligation to raise taxes sufficient to pay for it.

Look, all the soldiers may not love Trump, I'm sure some of our troops are loyal democrat party supporters. I suggest you go and talk to soldiers and see what they say. I haven't personally talked to a soldier who is not pro Trump but then I've only spoken to a couple of dozen.

there is actually, you know, research (done by entities like Stars and Strips that Trump wanted shut down) that already tell us that Trump's support with the Military is trending down. and that was before...

20200905edbbc-a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom