• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why The Little Woman Should Never Buy Steaks

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
She just come home with crap NY Strips from SAFEWAY!......She says "they had steaks for 50% off so I got them".

The opening price was $18 a pound.

.:sigh:.

You are kidding?

Sadly NO. Safeway used to be really bad about "gotcha" pricing, but I thought they had gotten better. Obviously not always. I almost never go there even though it is the closest non discount place to my house.

Two summers ago this woman bought about $150 in frozen No-Roll up to 32% salt water injected beef from a door to door salesman.

After that here was supposed to be a rule: She never buys steak again.

The plan failed today.

Seriously.

EDIT: I have them going in a lime/tequila/garlic marinade which I have never used, in part because I buy great steaks and dont marinate them, so it will not be a total loss....get to try something new.

Last edited:
No, Safeway used to be really bad about "gotcha" pricing, but I thought they had gotten better. Obviously not always. I almost never go there even though it is the closest non discount place to my house.

Two summers ago this woman bought about $150 in frozen No-Roll up to 32% salt water injected beef from a door to door salesman.

After that here was supposed to be a rule: she never buys steak again.

The plan failed today.

Seriously.

Well...... go easy on the good lady. ;)

Well...... go easy on the good lady. ;)

I am just whining a little bit to you good folk, I feel I gotta get it out.

After last night she can do whatever she wants.

:wink2:

She just come home with crap NY Strips from SAFEWAY!......She says "they had steaks for 50% off so I got them".

The Little Woman? Really? Just how old ARE you? ;)

I have a rep as a misogynist to keep alive.

I am not, but since I get branded that way for not agreeing with the feminists I like to play with it.

I have a rep as a misogynist to keep alive.

I am not, but since I get branded that way for not agreeing with the feminists I like to play with it.
Maggie's got a point: How do we know she's little? Maybe she's big, or medium?

I agree with Maggie 100% here!

Sadly NO. Safeway used to be really bad about "gotcha" pricing, but I thought they had gotten better. Obviously not always. I almost never go there even though it is the closest non discount place to my house.

After that here was supposed to be a rule: She never buys steak again.

The plan failed today.

Seriously.

EDIT: I have them going in a lime/tequila/garlic marinade which I have never used, in part because I buy great steaks and dont marinate them, so it will not be a total loss....get to try something new.

Safeway/Albertson's beef tends to be pretty bad. I do buy chicken there because the price on their "family packs" is usually pretty good.

A good rule of thumb is that if the place is running a "Buy One Get Three Free" special they're trying to unload the bottom of the barrel.

Don't let them buy steaks. And don't let them near the good single malt scotch. They'll use it to make something godawful like a scotch and soda. Thankfully Mrs. Gaius let's me do the shopping and never acquired a taste for scotch.

Don't let them buy steaks. And don't let them near the good single malt scotch. They'll use it to make something godawful like a scotch and soda. Thankfully Mrs. Gaius let's me do the shopping and never acquired a taste for scotch.

Not only is is she great in bed but she buys me better hooch than I would buy for myself, exactly like how I buy her chocolates and flowers.

Not what you are talking about I know but I need to get that out there since I am making fun of her in this thread.

+∞ for my wife, my soulmate, my slut.

Safeway/Albertson's beef tends to be pretty bad. I do buy chicken there because the price on their "family packs" is usually pretty good.

A good rule of thumb is that if the place is running a "Buy One Get Three Free" special they're trying to unload the bottom of the barrel.

Dont walk in there unless you have the bandwidth to make lots of good choices, because they are out to **** you.

Which is why I started to avoid the place many years ago.

I am lazy.

COSTCO!

Last edited:
Hah!

Good enough, then.

I strongly believe: "You play together, you stay together"! :thumbs:

Ya know, it took 15 years of marriage and my wife filing for divorce before this thick head got it.

Sometimes I am slow.

But not often.

Thank GOD!

Note: Obviously I knew where to find her ( as in where her head and heart was) near nuff and I was skilled enough to change her mind.

Once I am determined never count me out, as I almost always get what I want.

Seriously.

It's time to pound that meat. ;)

So she paid regular price pretty much. I can get the bone in NY steaks for about 9$ or 9.50$ a lb generally, not on sale.

So she paid regular price pretty much. I can get the bone in NY steaks for about 9$ or 9.50$ a lb generally, not on sale.

THe Safeway card made it a bit less than $9, but these were select that had never been fattened on grain so.......

I can get great no bone choice for $9, prime for $16ish, and grass only no-roll for $6 that are better.

The point is that all she ever noticed was "50% off, like Safeway wanted.

THe Safeway card made it a bit less than $9, but these were select that had never been fattened on grain so.......

I can get great no bone choice for $9, prime for $16ish, and grass only no-roll for $6 that are better.

The point is that all she ever noticed was "50% off, like Safeway wanted.

I remember reading something that all you have to do to get a woman to buy something is put it 'on sale'.. and all you have to do to get a man to buy it is include 'something for free'.
There is probably some truth to that.

I remember reading something that all you have to do to get a woman to buy something is put it 'on sale'.. and all you have to do to get a man to buy it is include 'something for free'.
Ha! I believe that.

And women do what, 85% of the grocery shopping? I could look it up, but it is something like that. What Safeway did here is what JCP does as standard practice, put a ridiculous price on something, put it on the floor at that price for like an hour to stay legal, then mark it "40% OFF". There is/was a lawsuit about this, someone claimed they could prove that often NO sales are made a full price.

I swear to the God's, both the old and the new, my wife had no clue what she paid for these....... all that entered her brain was "50% OFF".... and she is a certified genius.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom