• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the Illinois exodus? The rich get bashed, and off they go

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
People living in longtime democrat strongholds are tired of life under the Politburo...?

Why the Illinois exodus? The rich get bashed, and off they go

he break-up emails arrive steadily, almost therapeutically, from authors seeking affirmation of their decision to end a dysfunctional relationship.

The familiar anguish: We tried to make it work … we waited until the kids were out of school … we worked up the costs and finally put the house on the market

And finally: We had to break up. With Illinois.

A recent compatriot to the Illinois Exodus: A 25-year Chicagoan who sold his 2-bedroom, 2½-bath Lincoln Park townhouse in early January at a $30,000 loss. He’s moving to Indiana.

Like thousands of others, I tired of the one-party system, rising pension debt, no change to the current pension system, increasing property taxes (mine doubled), increasing crime and soft approach to criminals,” he wrote to me.

Why the Illinois exodus? The rich get bashed, and off they go - Chicago Tribune

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IOW , TIRED of LEFTIST NONSENSE, in general....

The OP is the biggest bunch of garbage, of course, look who posted it.

Illinois sucks. The government has been corrupt for so long and their response was to put all this nonsense bureaucracy to prevent corruption that does nothing but waste time. The state is so in debt. Working at a state institution I get to see all this dumb bureaucracy

And then there was a governor, ultra rich CEO no political experience who held the budget hostage for 2 years to force his anti-worker initiatives on the state. 2 friggen years of no budget, that did a lot of damage. The weather also sucks, but that's the entire midwest

By the way, California raised taxes on the rich and they are thriving, the 6th largest economy in the world. Proving the OP is just copy and pasting the usual dumb nonsense

Back
Top Bottom