• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the hate?

sbrettt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Is there anyone here who actually has an issue with Nina Davuluri winning Miss America? If so, why?... She's pretty alluring if you ask me. :cool: nina-missusa-0091513sp.jpg

I don't have the slightest idea who she is and what this is all about, but let me say I passionately hate her. ;)

Long story short, seems to me people are mad because an Indian won Miss America. :lol:

Sad isn't it. There were actually a couple of threads about this. Apparently people went a little nuts on twitter etc and were calling her a raghead (thought she was Muslim) As a fellow American....really really embarrassing. Lunkheads.

Sad isn't it. There were actually a couple of threads about this. Apparently people went a little nuts on twitter etc and were calling her a raghead (thought she was Muslim) As a fellow American....really really embarrassing. Lunkheads.
I didn't see the other ones? Sad isn't it? What? Those people are losers, and are probably really mad because they can't have her.

I didn't see the other ones? Sad isn't it? What? Those people are losers, and are probably really mad because they can't have her.

Or wish they looked like that. I say good for her and it's an encouraging sign that it wasn't a little blond haired blue eyed WASP. Not that I having anything against little blond haired blue eyed WASPs mind you.

The overreaction to random twitter posts are more amazing.

There was no etc. People post controversial things on twitter because they know many in our country take twitter posts seriously, acting as though they are somehow indicative of the secret agenda of Americans.

There was no etc. People post controversial things on twitter because they know many in our country take twitter posts seriously, acting as though they are somehow indicative of the secret agenda of Americans.

You might be taking this a little too seriously. You read an awful lot into that.

LOL They are indicative of stupidity.

She is going to have a hard time educating some Americans.
"Miss America represents the highest ideals. She is a real combination of beauty, grace, and intelligence, artistic and refined. She is a type which the American Girl might well emulate."

Those words were spoken by Atlantic City Chamber of Commerce President Frederick Hickman more than 75 years ago, and they still ring true today. Miss America is a role model to young and old alike, and a spokesperson, using her title to educate millions of Americans on an issue of importance to herself and society at large.

Miss America : Miss Americas History

Is there anyone here who actually has an issue with Nina Davuluri winning Miss America? If so, why?... She's pretty alluring if you ask me. :cool: View attachment 67154114

Eh. She's not the most absolutely gorgeous woman I've ever seen. However, then again, I don't think any Miss America winner has qualified for that title ever since the "P.C. police" took over and changed the contest to be more about overall personality and accomplishment rather than physical attractiveness.

Given that criteria, she seems more than qualified for the title as far as I can tell. :shrug:

Last edited:
I think she's stunning. I also think that a lot of people forget just how much of a melting pot this country is. We have people from all nationalities coming here, who have just as much right to be here as we do. They just possibly got here later than we did.

Eh. She's not the most absolutely gorgeous woman I've ever seen. However, then again, neither has any Miss America winner since the "P.C. police" took over and made the contest more about overall personality and accomplishment than physical attractiveness.

Given that criteria, she seems more than qualified for the title as far as I can tell. :shrug:
Well no, I'm not saying that either. She's definitely in my top 30 though. ;)

I think she's stunning. I also think that a lot of people forget just how much of a melting pot this country is. We have people from all nationalities coming here, who have just as much right to be here as we do. They just possibly got here later than we did.

My favorite thing about America is Woman come in all nationalities. Latin women have everyone else beat in my book though. :cool:

My favorite thing about America is Woman come in all nationalities. Latin women have everyone else beat in my book though. :cool:

Did you see Sofia Vergara on the Emmys last night? Dang. I didn't watch, but they were talking about her on the Today Show, she looked so hot. :lol:

Well no, I'm not saying that either. She's definitely in my top 30 though. ;)

She's a high level 8 at the very least, not a doubt in the world about that.

Somehow, however; I simply expect a bit more from my national level beauty queens. If she's going to walk away with a title like "Miss America," a woman should have to be a damn goddess, IMO.

Latin America still knows what's up in this regard. :lol:

melanie.jpg

YouTube - Melanie Fronckowiak

Last edited:
Did you see Sofia Vergara on the Emmys last night? Dang. I didn't watch, but they were talking about her on the Today Show, she looked so hot. :lol:

I didn't watch either, but I just looked her up. DAYUM! :shock:

If you didn't know about her before, watch her on Modern Family. Hilarious show, and she plays a big part.

She's a high level 8 at the very least, not a doubt in the world about that.

Somehow, however; I simply expect a bit more from my national level beauty queens. If she's going to walk away with a title like "Miss America," a woman should have to be a damn goddess, IMO.

Latin America still knows what's up in this regard. :lol:

View attachment 67154116

YouTube - Melanie Fronckowiak
HOLY *%#@. She is easily a 100. Here she is again looking insanely seductive. View attachment 67154117

I didn't watch either, but I just looked her up. DAYUM! :shock:

She's insanely beautiful. That deep and throaty voice of her's, however; does give me a certain degree of pause.

It's a bit jarring coming from a woman to say the least. lol

She's insanely beautiful. That deep and throaty voice of her's, however; does give me a certain degree of pause.

It's a bit jarring coming from a woman to say the least. lol

It didn't sound deep or throaty to me. Definitely wasn't high pitched though. :lol:

Is there anyone here who actually has an issue with Nina Davuluri winning Miss America?

Yes, she is ugly. ;)
She may be pretty in India, but in America she is ugly. /end thread

Back
Top Bottom