• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the GOP and Trump do not make sense

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If you listened to and watched the GOP and Trump this week you would get the idea that things in this country were just hunky dory. First trump keeps talking about the great economy we had and he will bring it back. He literally did nothing to bring about the great economy and will he have the patience and the leadership to bring it back. He keeps saying it will be just like before in no time, and that is totally wrong. And if how he has handled his business failure is any example I would not hold my breath. Just heard the trump hotel in Canada has filed for bankruptcy. What is that, his seventh? And if we could start to vaccinate people tomorrow it will take years before we get close to what we had before covid. And then he talks about the pandemic like it will be over tomorrow, it will not. Even if we get a vaccine, it might take a year or more to get this virus under control, especially if people have concerns about the rush to get a vaccine. We already have people who are anti vaxxers, and if people have questions about the safety of the vaccine, many more will refuse to get the shots. This might be especially true of those Trumpsters who still think it is a hoax. Then we come to law and order. I find it interesting that Trump says he is the law and order president when lawlessness is the worst it has been in years and he is the president. He is the one who is supposed to be the leader now and he has failed and who can believe it will be any better if he gets another term. I had heard from the Trump and GOP people before last week that the convention was going to be positive. It was far, far from positive. It was the most negative and fear mongering convention I have ever watched in my over fifty years of watching them. I am surprised that they did not tell everyone that the Dems would remove all of your toilets from your house, no maybe they did,, I forgot.

If you listened to and watched the GOP and Trump this week you would get the idea that things in this country were just hunky dory. First trump keeps talking about the great economy we had and he will bring it back. He literally did nothing to bring about the great economy and will he have the patience and the leadership to bring it back. He keeps saying it will be just like before in no time, and that is totally wrong. And if how he has handled his business failure is any example I would not hold my breath. Just heard the trump hotel in Canada has filed for bankruptcy. What is that, his seventh? And if we could start to vaccinate people tomorrow it will take years before we get close to what we had before covid. And then he talks about the pandemic like it will be over tomorrow, it will not. Even if we get a vaccine, it might take a year or more to get this virus under control, especially if people have concerns about the rush to get a vaccine. We already have people who are anti vaxxers, and if people have questions about the safety of the vaccine, many more will refuse to get the shots. This might be especially true of those Trumpsters who still think it is a hoax. Then we come to law and order. I find it interesting that Trump says he is the law and order president when lawlessness is the worst it has been in years and he is the president. He is the one who is supposed to be the leader now and he has failed and who can believe it will be any better if he gets another term. I had heard from the Trump and GOP people before last week that the convention was going to be positive. It was far, far from positive. It was the most negative and fear mongering convention I have ever watched in my over fifty years of watching them. I am surprised that they did not tell everyone that the Dems would remove all of your toilets from your house, no maybe they did,, I forgot.

California's new toilet police | Watts Up With That?

None are so blind as those who will not see. You seem to be wearing blinders.

Actually, what you'd get is that there is a lot to be optimistic and enthusiastic about.

Most of the garbage you disgorge above has been fed to you by LW liars. The feed on you guys and your natural pessimism; you're never happy unless you're miserable. Your handlers and overlords toss you scraps and you gobble them up.

None are so blind as those who will not see. You seem to be wearing blinders.

Can you actually point out something I get wrong in my OP please? I think the person wearing blinders is you. People talk about the great trump economy, but before Trump became president Obama had 80 straight months of job growth. Obama lowered the unemployment rate from a high of over 10% to 4.5% when he left office. Trump lowered the unemployment rate from 4.5% 60 3.8% and now because he failed to handle the covind problem it is bak over 10%. Just so you know, Obama's last three months of job growth were greater than Trump's first three. And as far as growth of the economy, Obama" last 6 years growth was almost exactly the same as Trump's so far and Obama got a depression level economy while Trump got a great economy. And the Trump hotel in Canada did just go belly up, giving Trump severn.It is why American banks will not give him a loan.
And as far as covid, he numbers in this country are caused in a major part by lack of leadership at the top. No one in their right mind could dispute that.
Finally, Trump is the president and he is telling us he will fix the lawlessness in his second term that happened in his first term. Do you realize how crazy and stupid people must be to accept that logic?
So take off the blinders and really look what has happened in the past almost four years under Trump.

Back
Top Bottom