• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why the far left is utterly out of their minds.

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I have come to despise such people. They cannot ever be trusted to defend this country.

Banning the "Iowa" one of the great ships of all time and instrumental in winning the war in the Pacific. This is the sister ship of the U.S.S. Missouri. Even Diane Feinstein believes this is pure craziness.
==========================
San Francisco Shuns Retired USS Iowa
Aug 20 4:54 PM US/Eastern

By BRIAN SKOLOFF
Associated Press Writer

SAN FRANCISCO

The USS Iowa joined in battles from World War II to Korea to the Persian Gulf. It carried President Franklin Roosevelt home from the Teheran conference of allied leaders, and four decades later, suffered one of the nation's most deadly military accidents.

Veterans groups and history buffs had hoped that tourists in San Francisco could walk the same teak decks where sailors dodged Japanese machine-gun fire and fired 16-inch guns that helped win battles across the South Pacific.

Instead, it appears that the retired battleship is headed about 80 miles inland, to Stockton, a gritty agricultural port town on the San Joaquin River and home of California's annual asparagus festival.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., a former San Francisco mayor, helped secure $3 million to tow the Iowa from Rhode Island to the Bay Area in 2001 in hopes of making touristy Fisherman's Wharf its new home.

But city supervisors voted 8-3 last month to oppose taking in the ship, citing local opposition to the Iraq war and the military's stance on gays, among other things.

"If I was going to commit any kind of money in recognition of war, then it should be toward peace, given what our war is in Iraq right now," Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi said.

Feinstein called it a "very petty decision."

"This isn't the San Francisco that I've known and loved and grew up in and was born in," Feinstein said...

(Snip)

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/08/20/D8C3PH0G0.html

Well if you've ever been to San Francisco then you would know why an ugly battleship just wouldnt be right. Its one of the most beautiful places in the word and a big hunk of junk metal hugging the coast isnt going to work. San Francisco has a rich enough history of its own, and the people there would never support having something associated with war resting there.

sargasm said:
Well if you've ever been to San Francisco then you would know why an ugly battleship just wouldnt be right. Its one of the most beautiful places in the word and a big hunk of junk metal hugging the coast isnt going to work. San Francisco has a rich enough history of its own, and the people there would never support having something associated with war resting there.

Nice quote by Che Guevara......Did he say that before or after he executed 14 year olds by firing squad?

MiamiFlorida said:
Nice quote by Che Guevara......Did he say that before or after he executed 14 year olds by firing squad?

? source....

Originally posted by Missouri Mule:
I have come to despise such people. They cannot ever be trusted to defend this country.
So, to defend this country, you put your trust in people that have never been in combat. You are too fuuking funny, my brother!

bushchickenlittles7lo.jpg

They don't deserve the grand old lady USS IOWA (BB-61) in Sodom, I mean San Francisco......They should moor her some place where the people will appreciate her and her glorious history.........

A battle ship is the most impressive war ship this country has ever bulit... I was on a cruiser the USS SPRINGFIELD (CLG-7) and I thought she had a lot of fire power until we went alongside the USS WISCONSIN (BB-64) and then I really saw a magnificent ship......It took my breath away........

We use to have the USS MISSOURI (BB-63) moored here in Bremerton.....I use to have to pass it every day when I went to work....I saluted the majestic old lady every time I drove by her..........

^^ once you can explain whats glorious about killing people then I'll listen

sargasm said:
^^ once you can explain whats glorious about killing people then I'll listen

Who said anything about being glorious to kill people? If you choose to ignore history and believe this grand old battleship is "ugly" is only establishes once more the decadent mindset of the left who have no appreciation for history. Let's destroy Gettysburg and the Liberty Bell and all of the places where people died to make us free while we are at it and you can sit around with your maggot infested friends and sing Kumbiya. That should make you and your ilk happy.

Billo_Really said:
So, to defend this country, you put your trust in people that have never been in combat. You are too fuuking funny, my brother!

bushchickenlittles7lo.jpg

Was FDR in combat? Seems the American people had faith in his ability to lead. You supported Clinton and he went out of his way to avoid serving. The left have a double standard and they are mainly cowards themselves. They always seem to prefer someone else to do the sacrifice and dying.

Missouri Mule said:
Was FDR in combat? Seems the American people had faith in his ability to lead. You supported Clinton and he went out of his way to avoid serving. The left have a double standard and they are mainly cowards themselves. They always seem to prefer someone else to do the sacrifice and dying.

MM, Some might even say that Clinton was a draft dodger with his connections to Senator Fulbright..........

sargasm said:

my friend, i lived in SF up until about 5 years ago. do you know what one of the biggest draws to the city is? Fleet Week. when the Navy brings in the ships and flies the planes for everyones entertainment. even the more liberal in the city are outraged by this. the Iowa is a floating piece of American history and its a shame that it will have to rest in peace on the river shore of Stockton. the people in SF did in fact support this and very much wanted it to happen.

Originally posted by Missouri Mule:
The left have a double standard and they are mainly cowards themselves. They always seem to prefer someone else to do the sacrifice and dying.
"The left..." kind of like "da bears!"

Do you think all the people, you so cowardly label as "the left", think the same, and act the same, as though they were one entity? Or do you think this because its convenient? Just keep it simple, ______!

You want to know what a real coward is? Someone with the fire power of the United States attacking a country full of sheep herders that barely have running water and electricity for no moral (or strategic) reason whatsoever!

The Iraq war is the most
cowardly war in history!

Billo_Really said:
You want to know what a real coward is?
Someone who would rather live in slavery or, better yet, have someone else do the fighting, than risk their hide defending their own freedom. In short, the far Left.

Diogenes said:
Someone who would rather live in slavery or, better yet, have someone else do the fighting, than risk their hide defending their own freedom. In short, the far Left.

My freedom isn't being attacked, and we don't live in slavery. Who are supposed to be fighting?

"Originally Posted by Diogenes
Someone who would rather live in slavery or, better yet, have someone else do the fighting, than risk their hide defending their own freedom. In short, the far Left."

Okay First off nobody has fought for American freedom since 1812.

Second I did 4 years Army including 91 Gulf War

Third your not in Iraq.

Fourth I am not afrraid of that joke of military...you are.

FDR had Polio since childhood. he was in a wheelchair. Teddy was at San Juan hill. For show and poltics.

It's obvious the left is out of their minds. The Iraq war was right wheather or not Saddam had wmd's. Does anyone remember when Hitler was around. Europe used appeasement towards him and he killed 12 million jews. Someone had to finally step up to Saddam. He has gased thousands of Kurds and who know who else he murdered.
Plus they don't see the economic benefit we will get out of it. When Iraq settles down, Iraq can make money and progess by selling oil to America.

nefarious_plot said:
"Originally Posted by Diogenes
Someone who would rather live in slavery or, better yet, have someone else do the fighting, than risk their hide defending their own freedom. In short, the far Left."

Okay First off nobody has fought for American freedom since 1812.
If you don't believe you are fighting for your freedom until the enemy is at your door, I can understand how you might overlook our many wars since then.

Second I did 4 years Army including 91 Gulf War
First off, let me thank you for your service. Second, may I assume you were a volunteer, and knew what you might be in for?

Third your not in Iraq.
Right. But some people very near and dear to me are there, and I honor their service as well. I appreciate those who fight the enemy in his home to keep him away from mine.

Fourth I am not afrraid of that joke of military...you are.
Which military is that?

how ridiculous. World War 2 is never avalid anaology to the present its a competely different situation. ITs really sad people are afriad of a third world toilet that couldnt muster up any better then 30 tanks.

The really ridiculous notion is equating terrorism with numbers of tanks. The tank battles of Kursk and el-Alamein are as quaint to modern warfare as the cavalry charges of the Crimean war. Did you notice that no tanks were involved in the 9/11 or 7/7 attacks?

The Iraqi one.

Iraq has no ablity and never did have ablity to threarten anyway. Nobody is coming to your door. Show a little back bone. its embarassing to have this nations citzenry cry to the world about how afraid they are of people 1,000s of miles away.

Back
Top Bottom