• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why the democratic party keeps losing

JOHNYJ said:
The democratic party has deserted its historical base and become a liberal special interets party.In doing so it has lost milions of voters. It has become identified as the Party of the ACLU and the enemies of Traditional America .

This reply is absolutely correct, ..& also as to "why" the modern democratic party keeps shooting itself in the foot.;)

Mainstream Americans do not, nor will EVER trust the modern democratic party to run things as before again, as like in the democratic party heydays of the 40's, 50's, & early 60's!

THe only chance is when a scandal, often helped, & implemented by the media MAGNIFIES the wrongdoing of "any" republican can it ever empower the Democratic party anymore; ..& the g-damn media has had NO shortage of attempting to find republican culpability in everything the last few years.

From the phoney forged Bush military documents...billed as "beyond reproach" by DNC helper Dan Rather :smile: , to indicting Bush for actually creating 9/11 himself, to the endless charges to go to war w/iraq because of the absence of WMD's....yet Sadaam DID in fact posssess WMD's at one time, to the Valerie Plame outing story, ..to the blaming Bush for not sending enough funding to africa for hiv/aids research which was a lie as America, & Bush sent billions, to the critiscism of not sending enough aid to the tsunami victims, the phoney charges of a stolen Bush election,... calling Bush a racist in the wake of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts!

Just a non-stop shameful display by the democratic party, & their helpful media allies.

Originally Posted by Stu Ghatze:
This reply is absolutely correct, ..& also as to "why" the modern democratic party keeps shooting itself in the foot.

Mainstream Americans do not, nor will EVER trust the modern democratic party to run things as before again, as like in the democratic party heydays of the 40's, 50's, & early 60's!
Your going to find out what "mainstream" Americans want about a year from now.

THe only chance is when a scandal, often helped, & implemented by the media MAGNIFIES the wrongdoing of "any" republican can it ever empower the Democratic party anymore; ..& the g-damn media has had NO shortage of attempting to find republican culpability in everything the last few years.
The media is pro-Bush. If it wasn't, you would have heard a lot more about the historic protests this past weekend.

From the phoney forged Bush military documents...billed as "beyond reproach" by DNC helper Dan Rather , to indicting Bush for actually creating 9/11 himself, to the endless charges to go to war w/iraq because of the absence of WMD's....yet Sadaam DID in fact posssess WMD's at one time, to the Valerie Plame outing story, ..to the blaming Bush for not sending enough funding to africa for hiv/aids research which was a lie as America, & Bush sent billions, to the critiscism of not sending enough aid to the tsunami victims, the phoney charges of a stolen Bush election,... calling Bush a racist in the wake of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts!
All the way to DSM which proved he's a liar.

Just a non-stop shameful display by the democratic party, & their helpful media allies.
Again, the media is allied with the Administration. Did you see any anti-war protests this weekend? Case closed.

Billo_Really said:
Your going to find out what "mainstream" Americans want about a year from now.

Indeed we will, & please....I hope you guys will not resort to making the absurd charges of fixed elections AFTER you guys lose again.

After awhile it gets old you know! At least grace us all with some "new" conspiracy theories, ..we need more laughs besides the ones the DNC keeps giving us on a daily basis!:rofl

That anti-war rally was covered.Almost all of it was broadcasted on one of the cable channels .The other channels showed those missguided people in their news broadcasts,
The Media has never been pro President Bush. Fox is usualy the most sympathetic. The rest are liberal and show it.

You represent well what's wrong with my former party: polls are all that matter to the Dems. Who cares if it's the right thing to do, the important question in the Democratic party is: "Is it popular?" They also jettisoned the platform MLK and Thurgood Marshall could support. They have the 'tude "if we can't win without having religious people of conscience vote for them, we'll be content to lose. Better to lose than to have people with a conscience vote for us." They still use the tired old falsehoods: racist, sexist, hate-mongering, mean-spirited. They ought to look hard in the mirror before continuing that line of campaigning. Not only is it completely passe, it's most descriptive of the Democrats in every way: racist, sexist, ageist, hate-mongering and mean-spirited. After all, if you doubt what I'm saying consider the decision to let Howard Dean lead the party. It's a sad joke that will give the Reps. a filibuster proof Senate after '06. But you keep spewing the hate and insults, former Democrats like me turned Iowa last time and if the polls are right now, Michigan, Washington and Oregon look to be firm Republican camps now. You keep spewing the hate and insults, the Dems are losing the unions and minorities in slow erosion. Eventually enough moderates will leave the party, like I did, to form our own party and leave the tired, old failing strategies behind.

Chevalier, is very right.The democratic party is controled by people that have little in common with the working class people that made the democratic party. They are elitest and ideologues. As Kerry showed they can't even make themselves understood by regular folks. Oh they have the minorities that have made themselves beholding to the democratic party. Vote democrat without thinking. Even they ,though are starting to progress and when they do.They start to think for themselfs and thats bad for the democratic party.

Indeed we will, & please....I hope you guys will not resort to making the absurd charges of fixed elections AFTER you guys lose again.

After awhile it gets old you know! At least grace us all with some "new" conspiracy theories, ..we need more laughs besides the ones the DNC keeps giving us on a daily basis
You got it, bra! I can admit you guys kicked our ass if you can say, "Madam President!"

An Unsual thing happened at the last presidential election .People sacrificed their economic interests for their moral beliefs.
The democratic party and its leftist firebrands convinced millions of people that the democratic party was the,party of Death ! That it wanted abortion on demand and that no pro life person had a chance in he democratic parties leadership. The Cherry on this cake was Gay marriage .The leftwing democrats in Massachusetts, and especialy San Francisco drove millions of christians to the Republicans.

JOHNYJ said:
The leftwing democrats in Massachusetts, and especialy San Francisco drove millions of christians to the Republicans.
Very true. Howard Dean even told them outright that the Republican party was the natural home of white Christians, and no one should be surprised if those who listened took his advice to get out of the Dem party.

The Democrats will gain seats in 2006, and the Presidency in 2008. I am confident that by then a majority of the electorate will have learned its lesson. CLINTON 2008!

Electronic polling stations are not helping their cause much

Billo_Really said:
You got it, bra! I can admit you guys kicked our ass if you can say, "Madam President!"

You are a man of faith, & I respect you for that but Hillary will not win even IF she DOES gets the democratic nomination.

Do YOU really believe her mask of being a moderate can fool the voting public?

If Hillary does run, & gets the nomination, I tell you ...she will get crushed because it has been the media that has propped up her so called, "popularity", as she is arrogant, assuming, & lusts for power, & terribly disingenuine, & cannot be who she "really" is unless she is addressing the same "liberal" ideological thinkers as herself!

She will be a big hit though in New York, New Jersey, & in the New England liberal establishment states, ..perhaps Michigan as well!

Hillary is ''stuck" on denial, ..& on herself! She first will have to destroy her fellow democratic candidates, & in doing so her REAL character will shine forth.

Actually, I would PREFER her to resign her senate seat first; but she won't as she will need "SOMETHING" to keep her in the limelight after she gets smashed in the 08' election. (should she even get the nomination)

The problem with democrats is that they believe the lying left wing media, that keeps telling them the things THEY want to hear just as they BELIEVED the phoney KERRY voting exit polls because they thought Kerry would get more votes by portraying him as the clear favorite!

Mainstream America does NOT like aggressive women, & especially less,.. bold arrogant ones who have a genuine dislike of men in general that loves to court the women groups that think men are irrellevant today!

Perhaps Hillary could apply for the Vice Presidency, ..& perhaps we could see another Vince Foster type deal (huh huh)...whereas just a simple suicide occurs by the president, & Hillary just finds herself in a "lucky" position?

All joking aside here is the truth, Hillary has two chances....SLIM & NONE! MOST AMERICAN's are actually sick of hearing about the Clinton's, & sick of Bill's revisionary legacy, & bad memory!:roll:

Stu Ghatze said:
You are a man of faith, & I respect you for that but Hillary will not win even IF she DOES gets the democratic nomination.

If Hillary does run, & gets the nomination, I tell you ...she will get crushed because it has been the media that has propped up her so called, "popularity", as she is arrogant, assuming, & lusts for power, & terribly disingenuine, & cannot be who she "really" is unless she is addressing the same "liberal" ideological thinkers as herself!

She will be a big hit though in New York, New Jersey, & in the New England liberal establishment states, ..perhaps Michigan as well!

Hillary is ''stuck" on denial, ..& on herself! She first will have to destroy her fellow democratic candidates, & in doing so her REAL character will shine forth.

Actually, I would PREFER her to resign her senate seat first; but she won't as she will need "SOMETHING" to keep her in the limelight after she gets smashed in the 08' election. (should she even get the nomination)

The problem with democrats is that they believe the lying left wing media, that keeps telling them the things THEY want to hear just as they BELIEVED the phoney KERRY voting exit polls because they thought Kerry would get more votes by portraying him as the clear favorite!

Mainstream America does NOT like aggressive women, & especially less,.. bold arrogant ones who have a genuine dislike of men in general that loves to court the women groups that think men are irrellevant today!

Perhaps Hillary could apply for the Vice Presidency, ..& perhaps we could see another Vince Foster type deal (huh huh)...whereas just a simple suicide occurs by the president, & Hillary just finds herself in a "lucky" position?

All joking aside here is the truth, Hillary has two chances....SLIM & NONE! MOST AMERICAN's are actually sick of hearing about the Clinton's, & sick of Bill's revisionary legacy, & bad memory!:roll:

Why is Hilliary going to become the first female president? Her GOP opponent will have to defend the Republican's policies for the past eight years, and I truly believe a majority of Americans are tired of that $hit! You just don't get it, do you? A liberal media that is owned by huge corporations? Who do you think owns NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN and all of those newspapers that you label the left wing media? Are you crazy? :rofl

Originally posted by Stu Ghatze:

All joking aside here is the truth, Hillary has two chances....SLIM & NONE! MOST AMERICAN's are actually sick of hearing about the Clinton's, & sick of Bill's revisionary legacy, & bad memory!
I was going to respond, but the guy one post back just said what I was going to say. So, go one post back for my rebuttal.

JOHNYJ said:
The democratic party has deserted its historical base and become a liberal special interets party.In doing so it has lost milions of voters. It has become identified as the Party of the ACLU and the enemies of Traditional America .

AMEN, & AMEN! The earth will have to be pushed out of orbit BEFORE the democratic party ever controls everything again as it once did in its "glory" years.

And didn't they have a monopoly on everything too. WE all went to bed believing in "liberalism" as good for America, & good for the world, cause' Walter Chronchite told us so.

To a degree they still have some pretty good size mouth piece's, Time Magazine, U.S. News & world report, The N.Y. Times, The L.A. Times, the phoney's in Hollywood who are immoral, drug addicts themselves, irrresponsible, egotistical & just plain stuck on stupid besides being stuck on themselves, & as always....living in a world of make believe!

I often am fascinated on how just by their word useage they display nothing but negative distaste for any president who is not liberal to the core.;)

The Party of the New Deal and Great Society has forgotton how to talk to plain folks.It has become elitest and ideological.It has become the ACLU party. It talks about going back to its grass roots and making the people understand. People understand too well.

JOHNYJ said:
The Party of the New Deal and Great Society has forgotton how to talk to plain folks.It has become elitest and ideological.It has become the ACLU party. It talks about going back to its grass roots and making the people understand. People understand too well.

This is what I have been saying since before the election last year. The one place I would slightly change is that they have talked about making the people understand because the people made a dumb choice in their opinion. I remember James Carville right after the election saying the Democrats lost because they weren't mean enough, Susan Estrich saying the American voters couldn't understand what was in their own best interests. But both sides were plenty mean and the American voters do have an idea of what is in their best interests. The problem was the Democratic leadership did not articulate a message that enabled Americans get on board. I don't know what the Democrats stand for yet, except for "not Bush." A negative like that will not win my vote, I want to hear ideas and plans of action, not hate. If an issue of military service 35 years ago is ALL we talk about, that's looking in the wrong direction for me.

I was posting this on another forum just before last year's election when a Democratic victory was being anticipated only to be called names. The lesson has not been learned so look for continued slippage in the Democratic Party with Dean as chair.

Madacapa said:
The Democrats will gain seats in 2006, and the Presidency in 2008. I am confident that by then a majority of the electorate will have learned its lesson. CLINTON 2008!

Maybe you're right, but many democrats were sure that they'd win back seats in 2002. Many democrats were absolutely positive John Kerry would be our president. They were wrong.

FDR organized the modern Democrat party around a New Deal for the working man, and was quite successful at it - I would have voted Democrat myself if I'd been around at the time. All of FDR's goals were accomplished by the mid-sixties, however, and the party has drifted ever since then. Now there is nothing left of the party but a collection of fringe groups: public employee unions who feed off government programs, folks who are still protesting the Vietnam War, demagogues like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who pretend to fight for "civil rights" that have been established for more than forty years, folks like Howard Dean who protest everything but have no positive plans of their own, and the like.

This is bad news for all of us because the Republican party is badly in need of some REAL competition; right now it's getting pretty sloppy about trying to be all things to all people, and they get away with it because the alternative is unbelievably bad.

Diogenes said:
This is bad news for all of us because the Republican party is badly in need of some REAL competition; right now it's getting pretty sloppy about trying to be all things to all people, and they get away with it because the alternative is unbelievably bad.

I probably would have been anti-New Deal. That might make me a big-time conservative, but I agree with you on this statement 100%. Someone needs to make a serious challenge to the Republican party, and the democrats are totally inequipted to do it. We should expect more from our leaders.

Fortunately, I think Americans are starting to expect more. The current low approval ratings might be an indication of this, rather that a mandate for Democratic control as some dems probably want to interpret it.

Back
Top Bottom