• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why The Atlantic magazine published a non-source lie against the President - DESPERATE FOR MONEY!!!

[h=1]The Atlantic To Lay Off 68 Employees, Cut Executive Pay And Freeze Salaries[/h]
The Atlantic To Lay Off 68 Employees, About 20% Of Staff – Deadline

Lay-offs, pay freezes and pay cuts - a failing desperate magazine willing to do ANYTHING for free publicity. Such as easy lie to tell.

Now you know the "why" of the no-source attack gossip article grotesquely pretending to be "news."

Are you talking about the lie the Atlantic had three sources for?
The lie that was confirmed by CBS?
The lie that was confirmed by CNN?
The lie that was confirmed by Fox News?

All of these places and all of their sources lied? How do you know this? Let me guess, Trump, who has spent the last few years cementing his reputation as a pathological liar, said it was not true.

Are you talking about the lie the Atlantic had three sources for?
The lie that was confirmed by CBS?
The lie that was confirmed by CNN?
The lie that was confirmed by Fox News?

All of these places and all of their sources lied? How do you know this? Let me guess, Trump, who has spent the last few years cementing his reputation as a pathological liar, said it was not true.

You have no idea If the sources for all these outlets are the same, or even if they exist. However everyone who was with Trump and is publicly speaking says it’s false.

You have no idea If the sources for all these outlets are the same, or even if they exist. However everyone who was with Trump and is publicly speaking says it’s false.

No they are not

We can only hope CNN is next. :thumbs:

Can you provide links to all of these people saying the claims are false? McEnany doesn't count.

Last edited:
Exceptional growth probably meaning that the small core of hardcore readers are buying subscriptions because they can’t read it for free because Atlantic isn’t selling at newsstands.

There is plenty of in person journalism to do, and real journalists like Tim Pool and Drew Hernández and Andy Ngo are on the ground covering stories on social media. Whereas the legacy media just steals or outright fabricated Orange man bad story of the week and they’re on the decline

Nonsense. You don’t understand what “live events” are. They are not talking about stopping in person journalism. They are talking about their AtlanticLIVE division having to stop events held in large ballrooms like The Atlantic Festival and the Aspen Ideas Festival because of the virus. You would understand this if you had read the article.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exceptional growth probably meaning that the small core of hardcore readers are buying subscriptions because they can’t read it for free because Atlantic isn’t selling at newsstands.

There is plenty of in person journalism to do, and real journalists like Tim Pool and Drew Hernández and Andy Ngo are on the ground covering stories on social media. Whereas the legacy media just steals or outright fabricated Orange man bad story of the week and they’re on the decline

You cannot use the term 'real journalists' and the name Tim Pool, in the same sentence. Tim Pool is not a journalist, he may have been considered one, at one time, for a month or two. These days he gets rich by spouting nonsense to those who do not know better. His main audience is comprised of people who agree with whatever ill informed spittle is spewing forth from is beaney headed mouth.

You cannot use the term 'real journalists' and the name Tim Pool, in the same sentence. Tim Pool is not a journalist, he may have been considered one, at one time, for a month or two. These days he gets rich by spouting nonsense to those who do not know better. His main audience is comprised of people who agree with whatever ill informed spittle is spewing forth from is beaney headed mouth.

Try listening a time or two. It’s very good content.

Of course I can tell who makes good content by who leftists smear personally. Leftists are nasty people who can’t tolerate any deviation from their narrative

Of course I can tell who makes good content by who leftists smear personally. Leftists are nasty people who can’t tolerate any deviation from their narrative

Whatever Jan

I can't speak for everyone, but I just enjoy laughing at MAGA cultists.

Especially when they have to defend this dismal excuse for a president calling dead American soldiers "losers".

Nonsense. You don’t understand what “live events” are. They are not talking about stopping in person journalism. They are talking about their AtlanticLIVE division having to stop events held in large ballrooms like The Atlantic Festival and the Aspen Ideas Festival because of the virus. You would understand this if you had read the article.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh so they have to lay-off staff because there’s not enough deep state think tank banquets to go to?

And I guess there’s not enough news those people can be put on to actually work?

You’re making my case for me.

Can you provide links to all of these people saying the claims are false? McEnany doesn't count.

Can you give the name of a single person who says its true? That is where the burden of proof lies.

Can you give the name of a single person who says its true? That is where the burden of proof lies.

They are anonymous....like deep throat

Thank you, comrade. How’s the weather in St. Petersburg?

JOko's been here long before left-wingers started claiming people on the right were Russian Trolls. I'd bet on him being American ahead of you :mrgreen:

I don't deny facts - ever. While some was not particularly civil, I have no problem with Trump's candid comments on those in the military. Everyone who ever served in the military is not a hero deserving god-like worship. I have a kid in the military - repeatedly in combat missions (war and other missions) with permanent, seriously combat injuries. The fact is that Obama absolutely did NOT support the military and Trump does in the ways that matter. Trump speaks his mind, not just calculated consultant written statements that are exactly opposite want he does. That is what Obama did. Give gratuitous politically necessary praise of the military - while gutting the military in very real ways that caused very real American military personnel's deaths.

However if you wish. Be more specific. For example, I think John McCain was a lying, back stabbing, spoiled military brat of an Admiral - for which otherwise he would have been court martial-ed out of the Navy. Why? For both his destroying a multi million dollar aircraft illegally hot dogging it in defiance of exact orders and nearly sinking an aircraft carrier firing a missile down in the below deck aircraft carrier full of aircraft, missiles, huge amounts of fuel and many Naval personnel.

That said, while he was not a hero for being captured, I do not think he should have suicided to prevent capture as was the practice of Japanese military personnel in WW2. Our troops never can be ordered to or expected to commit suicide to prevent being captured or by surrendering against hopeless suicidal odds. There is a lot Trump says I don't care much for or disapprove of. There is a lot of what Biden has said over nearly 5 decades in government that I more disapprove of - much more.

You misspelled 'present' in you opening volley.

If their sources don't exist, a simple lawsuit should settle this.

Why isn't Trump suing?

The MSM and press has NOT accurately reported even the allegation. The no-names gossip allegation is that Trump said the Vietnam war "was stupid," that those who volunteered to go were "suckers" and that the Vietnam war was lost ("losing" the war.)

Understand that Biden, Harris, the DNC and most Democrats are claiming the USA was 100% right to be in the Vietnam war including claiming we won the Vietnam war, and volunteering to go fight in that war was a very smart decision for someone just out of high school to do.

Obviously, at least 95% of Democrats believe Jimmy Carter was totally wrong to grant amnesty to those pure evil, cowardly draft dodgers who went to Canada rather than going to join in the USA gloriously winning the completely necessary Vietnam War.

So, its all good if he called Vietnam Vets suckers and dumb? Sorry, those are still veterans and it doesn't wash with me....even more so, because vets that didn't try to weasle their way out of service went and served their country when they were drafted. I didn't like Clinton for it and I sure as hell don't like Trump for the same thing...even worse, Trump has said rotten things about those veterans.

I can't speak for everyone, but I just enjoy laughing at MAGA cultists.

Especially when they have to defend this dismal excuse for a president calling dead American soldiers "losers".

No, whats really funny is watching mindless leftists get suckered over and over by the media. You guys will literally fall for anything and have fallen for everything. Bolton waws in the room when the trip to the cemetery was discussed and he says it didnt happen. Case closed.

^ A truly ignorant, desperate message in which you admit to the OP being true.

None of that is true.

It’s very obvious to just about everyone, including you, that Trump did say most of these things, and that he feels that way.

He is the third generations of Trumps to enthusiastically plot to avoid military service, with the obvious encouragement and help of his father. After all, his father left Germany to avoid the draft (a fact the Germans pointed out to him when they refused his attempts to go back).

So people do realize that, regardless of your feelings about war or our volunteer soldiers, World War I, like almost every war we were in from Vietnam back, involved conscripted soldiers along with volunteers, right?

Personally, given that I've been in, I think it is important to have an all volunteer force unless it is a major War. That said, no servicemembers should be called "losers" or "suckers", whether they volunteered or were conscripted, but it is important to note that it says something about someone who could say that people who didn't volunteer to be involved in a war, were drafted to be there, are "losers" or "suckers".

Yes, Trump might not have actually said it. However, it is interesting as well to note that so many could believe he said it due to his own history and personality. (Not to mention the attempted lie that fell very fast from fact check.)

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom