• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why the amnesia?

cabse5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I was listening to a radio talk show where a professional guest mentioned this (this statement has been put forth by many others on other shows of this topic): the only one who commited a crime was Zimmerman.

Really? The radio guest conviently forgot about the assault on Zimmerman with hands and cement. That's a felony, by the way.

Is that an acceptable way to confront someone who's following you? To punch them in the nose? Who taught Martin to display that attitude? How useful was this attitude in his life?

Here's another statement given by a caller that seems to justfiy the actions taken by Martin and excoriate the actions taken by Zimmerman: Martin was just a child. Zimmerman was an adult, but didn't act like an adult. He never should have gotten out of the car...

Really? We're supposed to excuse Martin's actions? Should we have excused Martin if he'd commited other crimes because he's underage?
Zimmerman got out of his truck because he didn't know where he was, he didn't know where Martin was and Martin evaded him... temporarily. Martin knew where Zimmerman was but Zimmerman didn't know where Martin was.

I see the difference in perceptions of this case and the agreement of the verdict being directly related to prejudice.
If you cling tightly to prejudice, no amount of gov't help will make you successful.

Why the amnesia in this case? Prejudice.

The amnesia is to propel hatred and discourse. Plain and simple.

If TM had killed Zimmerman he'd be tried as an adult - done. Stop letting anyone claim he was just a child. The image shown of TM on the main stream media was that of a 14 year old not the THUG who attacked Zimmerman.

A jury decided TM attacked Zimmerman and that is based on testimony and evidence. The haters and political advocates of discourse don't like it; they (including ofailure himself) want us to honor the memory of a THUG. A
young man who was a drug user, a theif, with a propensity for hand to hand violence / fighting and gang connections.....a THUG in every respect and these people want us to "honor" him - I will forever all BS on that.

I was listening to a radio talk show where a professional guest mentioned this (this statement has been put forth by many others on other shows oF this topic): the only one who commited a crime was Zimmerman.

Really? The radio guest conviently forgot about the assault on Zimmerman with hands and cement. That's a felony, by the way.

Is that an acceptable way to confront someone who's following you? To punch them in the nose? Who taught Martin to display that attitude? How useful was this attitude in his life?

Here's another statement given by a caller that seems to justfiy the actions taken by Martin and excoriate the actions taken by Zimmerman: Martin was just a child. Zimmerman was an adult, but didn't act like an adult. He never should have gotten out of the car...

Really? We're supposed to excuse Martin's actions? Should we have excused Martin if he'd commited other crimes because he's underage?
Zimmerman got out of his truck because he didn't know where he was, he didn't know where Martin was, and Martin evaded him... temporarily. Martin knew where Zimmerman was but Zimmerman didn't know where Martin was.

I see the difference in perceptions of this case and the agreement of the verdict being directly related to prejudice.
If you cling tightly to prejudice, no amount of gov't help will make you successful.

George started the whole tragic chain of events by following a teen ager in the dark.. NW doesn't kill teens.. but George just couldn't follow the rules.

George started the whole tragic chain of events by following a teen ager in the dark.. NW doesn't kill teens.. but George just couldn't follow the rules.

So, NW can't follow someone they suspect? They can't report a crime if it occurs? How many NW personnel will be needed if NW can't follow? One NW on every corner could mean over one-hundred NW.

What did you conviently forget, Sharon? That Zimmerman felt his life was in danger.

Last edited:
So, NW can't follow someone they suspect? They can't report a crime if it occurs? How many NW personnel will be needed if NW can't follow? One NW on every corner could mean over one-hundred NW.

That's not how NW works.. Any housewife, soccer mom or grandmother can be NW.. They don't patrol.

LOL more of sharon with her lies.

That's not how NW works.. Any housewife, soccer mom or grandmother can be NW.. They don't patrol.

Are there a hundred on-duty NW in a high crime area, because that's what you're asking for? I doubt that.

The amnesia is to propel hatred and discourse. Plain and simple.

If TM had killed Zimmerman he'd be tried as an adult - done. Stop letting anyone claim he was just a child. The image shown of TM on the main stream media was that of a 14 year old not the THUG who attacked Zimmerman.

A jury decided TM attacked Zimmerman and that is based on testimony and evidence. The haters and political advocates of discourse don't like it; they (including ofailure himself) want us to honor the memory of a THUG. A
young man who was a drug user, a theif, with a propensity for hand to hand violence / fighting and gang connections.....a THUG in every respect and these people want us to "honor" him - I will forever all BS on that.

Actually, had M lived and Z died M could have claimed Z tried to pull the gun on him and walked.

Actually, had M lived and Z died M could have claimed Z tried to pull the gun on him and walked.

Was M's life in danger? Z's nose and back of the head suggest otherwise.

Since not in danger, M would have been prosecuted.

Was M's life in danger? Z's nose and back of the head suggest otherwise.

Since not in danger, M would have been prosecuted.

A gun is definitely dangerous and justifies a lethal response. Breaking noses and slamming heads and anything else it takes to keep from getting shot.

Last edited:
Care to share a link that this is a NW "rule"? I have found many links that include do not confront, yet none that said do not change position in order to observe. ;)

Seminole County Sheriff's Office has a powerpoint presentation.. The same one that trained George.

Nope, those are referred to a "nosy bittys" ;)

To do the job right and be able to observe the entire area, patrol is necessary.

A gun is definitely dangerous and justifies a lethal response. Breaking noses and slamming heads and anything else it takes to keep from getting shot.

How stupid do you think TM was? Maybe you think he was imparied with drugs? You suggest TM sees GZ with a gun, rushes GZ, punches GZ in the nose, tells GZ he will kill him (if that doesn't incence a man with a gun I don't know what will) all without gaining control of the gun... Yeah, what a story.

How stupid do you think TM was? Maybe you think he was imparied with drugs? You suggest TM sees GZ with a gun, rushes GZ, punches GZ in the nose, tell GZ he will kill him (if that doesn't incence a man with a gun I don't know what will) all without gaining control of the gun... Yeah, what a story.

In the scenario where the deaths are flipped there is no "telling Z he will kill him". That comes from the dead guy.

And you presume the gun was actually out as opposed to Z just going for it.

There is NO evidence for the beginning of the fight but Zs word. Only he knows if he is telling the truth.

Seminole County Sheriff's Office has a powerpoint presentation.. The same one that trained George.

Was GZ working in that capacity at the time of this incident?

The Mission of the CoP program is "To perform crime watch activities that alert the Sheriff's Office of hazards and unlawful behavior; and, when required, to assist Sheriff's Office personnel in the performance of his or her duties."

Seminole County Sheriff's Office - Donald F. Eslinger, Sheriff

GZ was instructed to observe TM and to report any behavior changes; this clearly indicates that one must maintain visual contact to do so.

Dispatcher

Just let me know if he does anything, ok?

Zimmerman

(unclear) See if you can get an officer over here.

Dispatcher

Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.

http://misterbillohno.newsvine.com/_news/2013/07/10/19392176-transcript-of-george-zimmerman-911-call

In the scenario where the deaths are flipped there is no "telling Z he will kill him". That comes from the dead guy.

And you presume the gun was actually out as opposed to Z just going for it.

There is NO evidence for the beginning of the fight but Zs word. Only he knows if he is telling the truth.

So, if you don't believe Zimmerman's story even though you have no evidence, what does that make you?

If George Zimmerman was doing what the Neighborhood Watch Program would have him do, why would the Executive Director of the National Sheriffs’ Association (the parent organization of the Neighborhood Watch Program) say that George Zimmerman, "ignored everything the Neighborhood Watch Program stands for"?

Fact is, Zimmerman wasn't a member of a Neighborhood Watch.

George Zimmerman was a wanna-be cop and a vigilante.

His application to a real police department went unaccepted, he was fired from his job as a security guard for cause, and he worked as an insurance investogator because it's probably the only job that would have him that came anywhere close to the kind of criminal investigative/law enforcement career he so desperately wished he was qualified for.

His vigilantism was sort of like the wanna-be cop version of moonlighting.

What did you conviently forget, Sharon? That Zimmerman felt his life was in danger.

His life wouldn't have been in danger if he wasn't creeping around in the bushes, in the rain, at night, stalking children through the neighborhood.

The man is an idiot, and a kid is dead because, unlike a real man, George Zimmerman got his adreniline fix by stalking kids.

Charled Darwin is watching Zimmerman from heaven shaking his fist at "the one that got away". For now at least.

Sigh. How can you debate hotheads? I refer to soot.

Nope, those are referred to a "nosy bittys" ;)

To do the job right and be able to observe the entire area, patrol is necessary.

NW doesn't patrol.. You are talking about Citizens on Patrol which requires extensive training and a background check.

You can be NW while you are weeding your flower beds or loading the kids up for ballet practice.

Preternaturally astute.

The only evidence we have are Zimmerman's injuries. Z's injuries dictate who was in control in the conflict, and indicate the self-defense motive.

NW doesn't patrol.. You are talking about Citizens on Patrol which requires extensive training and a background check.

You can be NW while you are weeding your flower beds or loading the kids up for ballet practice.

What about at night?

BTW: most of the soccer moms and others I see are too busy on their cellphones to see past their arms.

The only evidence we have are Zimmerman's injuries. Z's injuries dictate who was in control in the conflict, and indicate the self-defense motive.

Sucks for you not being preternaturally astute.

I was listening to a radio talk show where a professional guest mentioned this (this statement has been put forth by many others on other shows of this topic): the only one who commited a crime was Zimmerman.

Zimmerman got out of his truck because he didn't know where he was, he didn't know where Martin was and Martin evaded him... temporarily. Martin knew where Zimmerman was but Zimmerman didn't know where Martin was.

Zim was hit with one punch according to expert testimony. That hardly reaches the level of fearing for your life. Plus we only have Z's word about most of it. I tend to think most people would lie to save their own neck. It's just human nature. I'm just glad it wasn't swept under the rug like so many others needless deaths. Z will forever be tainted and that is just for killing a man that way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom