• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why the amnesia?

What about at night?

BTW: most of the soccer moms and others I see are too busy on their cellphones to see past their arms.

They don't patrol at night either.. People just notice their neighbor's homes.. or they walk their dogs.. Its very loose.. That's why they have telephone trees. First they call the police and then get out of the way or go home.. then they alert the neighbors.

We live in a neighborhood with big lots and long driveway, it would be impossible to see everything that goes on.

Fact of the matter, not one person complained how Z was doing his duties in that complex. They all knew about the crime happening there and wanted it to cease.

George started the whole tragic chain of events by following a teen ager in the dark.. NW doesn't kill teens.. but George just couldn't follow the rules.

That is utter BS!!! First of all, just because the dispatcher told George to not follow The Dear Trayvon does not make it illegal that he did! GZ had just as much a right to follow TM as TM did taking a shortcut (yeah, right) thru a yard not his. The whole 'tragic chain of events' happened because both of them made choices that led to this. The last tragic chain of events was The Dear Trayvon smashing GZ's head into the cement sidewalk. GZ acted appropriately. Personally, I would have pulled the trigger a few more times just to be sure and I don't even own a gun!

That is utter BS!!! First of all, just because the dispatcher told George to not follow The Dear Trayvon does not make it illegal that he did! GZ had just as much a right to follow TM as TM did taking a shortcut (yeah, right) thru a yard not his. The whole 'tragic chain of events' happened because both of them made choices that led to this. The last tragic chain of events was The Dear Trayvon smashing GZ's head into the cement sidewalk. GZ acted appropriately. Personally, I would have pulled the trigger a few more times just to be sure and I don't even own a gun!

Recommended by gun owners for self-defense purposes.

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: New Products :: Ammunition :: Critical Defense®

So, NW can't follow someone they suspect? They can't report a crime if it occurs? How many NW personnel will be needed if NW can't follow? One NW on every corner could mean over one-hundred NW.

What did you conviently forget, Sharon? That Zimmerman felt his life was in danger.

And you don't think that Martin feared for his life or safety - being stalked in the dark?

What if it turns out Martin happened to be a woman? Let's say it was a tall, black woman who dresses like a boy. Wouldn't she be afraid of a dude walking behind her? Wouldn't any woman being followed by a big guy be worried about being followed in the dark?

This whole "it's not illegal to follow someone" line pisses me off. There can be many instances where it's illegal to follow someone. It's called stalking; it's called intimidation.

You don't think bullies follow their victims down the hallways at school to intimidate them?

Zimmerman doesn't follow - Martin is alive and no one knows either of their names. His overzealousness is the cause of death here. That doesn't exonerate Martin for reacting violently. But Zimmerman gave him something to react to and that he gets off with zero repercussions (legally) is what pisses a lot of people off.

Now any paranoiac with a gun can start following people around and the moment the person being followed decides to confront that fearful, overzealous gun-carrier, the gun owner can go "AH! I fear for my life!" Bang, the person being stalked is dead and the shooter trots home and the NRA pats them on the back for doing their duty.

The irony of it all is Zimmerman's brother saying how sorry he is for poor George.

"He’s gonna be looking around his shoulder for the rest of his life,” Zimmerman said. “There are people that would want to take the law into their own hands as they perceive it, or you know, be vigilantes in some sense..."

That's not how NW works.. Any housewife, soccer mom or grandmother can be NW.. They don't patrol.

every free person has the right to patrol. that's how freedom works.

Fact is, Zimmerman wasn't a member of a Neighborhood Watch.

George Zimmerman was a wanna-be cop and a vigilante.

the fact is, a bullet to Travon's chest was determined to be just. why? because no evidence exists that Zimmerman did a single thing wrong.

I was listening to a radio talk show where a professional guest mentioned this (this statement has been put forth by many others on other shows of this topic): the only one who commited a crime was Zimmerman.

Really? The radio guest conviently forgot about the assault on Zimmerman with hands and cement. That's a felony, by the way.

Is that an acceptable way to confront someone who's following you? To punch them in the nose? Who taught Martin to display that attitude? How useful was this attitude in his life?

Here's another statement given by a caller that seems to justfiy the actions taken by Martin and excoriate the actions taken by Zimmerman: Martin was just a child. Zimmerman was an adult, but didn't act like an adult. He never should have gotten out of the car...

Really? We're supposed to excuse Martin's actions? Should we have excused Martin if he'd commited other crimes because he's underage?
Zimmerman got out of his truck because he didn't know where he was, he didn't know where Martin was and Martin evaded him... temporarily. Martin knew where Zimmerman was but Zimmerman didn't know where Martin was.

I see the difference in perceptions of this case and the agreement of the verdict being directly related to prejudice.
If you cling tightly to prejudice, no amount of gov't help will make you successful.

Why the amnesia in this case? Prejudice.

Look pal, Trayvon Martin was a frickin angel sent from heaven, and don't you forget it!!!

<sarcasm off>

And you don't think that Martin feared for his life or safety - being stalked in the dark?

What if it turns out Martin happened to be a woman? Let's say it was a tall, black woman who dresses like a boy. Wouldn't she be afraid of a dude walking behind her? Wouldn't any woman being followed by a big guy be worried about being followed in the dark?...

Zimmerman doesn't follow - Martin is alive and no one knows either of their names. His overzealousness is the cause of death here. That doesn't exonerate Martin for reacting violently. But Zimmerman gave him something to react to and that he gets off with zero repercussions (legally) is what pisses a lot of people off.

Now any paranoiac with a gun can start following people around and the moment the person being followed decides to confront that fearful, overzealous gun-carrier, the gun owner can go "AH! I fear for my life!" Bang, the person being stalked is dead and the shooter trots home and the NRA pats them on the back for doing their duty.

The irony of it all is Zimmerman's brother saying how sorry he is for poor George.

"He’s gonna be looking around his shoulder for the rest of his life,” Zimmerman said. “There are people that would want to take the law into their own hands as they perceive it, or you know, be vigilantes in some sense..."

Why should TM have feared for his life because he was followed?

Back
Top Bottom