• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why Terrorist are angry with America!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tr1414 said:
You are are true liberal asswipe. Let's all try to understand why that hate us so much, give me a break. I just have to shake my head with ****-wads like you.

MODERATOR GAVEL

That was completely unneccessary. Consider this a warning. If you disagree with an argument, great. Tell us all how galenrox is wrong. Calling him an "asswipe" discredits you from the possibility of future intelligent comments.

Thank you. Have a nice day. :2razz:

26 X World Champs said:
With all due respect, that does not make sense? Kennedy was killed, Johnson didn't run for reelection and Nixon was a crook (had to throw that in).

My point is that at no point could we have reelected a president during Vietnam until 1972 so I do not really see how your theory stands up?

you're missing my point entirely. 3 different people with 3 different ideas ran Vietnam. the re-election of a president is a moot point. The ELECTION OF A NEW president is what Im speaking of. Bush for all intents and purposes started this war, as Pres. Who wanted a leadership change in the midst of it?

My theory doesn't stand up to you, because you missed the boat entirely. Here's a life preserver.

You can't attack something someone does not have!
You don't have too. Your silence on this matter speaks volumes!
I guess I should never be surprised by the liberal mean spirited personal attacks when there is no lucid argument left to make.
If you want to have a debate about politics fine but keep your nasty personal attacks out of it and leave the things that you have no way of knowing about (like my faith) out of it as well.
In case you were confused silence does not speak.
Do you feel the comment below is from a "...crumby..." source?
Oh yeah... I forgot that ALL members of the armed forces believe the exact same things... thanks for the correction ;) Veterans for Peace deserve honor and recognition for their service but this has nothing to do with their political standings and any wounds they are still nursing after Nov 2.
I don't care what the Sunday Herald says as I have far more distrust for our corrupt and biased media than I do for our Armed Forces. Until I see some tangible proof of such allegations I will again continue to believe in the common good of our service men and women (despite the few bad apples that I know will be in any bunch)
I'd like to thank the Academy....
Would that be the BS conspiracy academy or are you just enjoying some self praise?

Gandhi>Bush...... I don't even know how to try and break through your clouded misperception of our enemies.

If you want to have a debate about politics fine but keep your nasty personal attacks out of it and leave the things that you have no way of knowing about (like my faith) out of it as well
I don't understand how you can say you have faith, and then refuse to even find out for yourself about a very serious situation. But that's your business. I just know your not going to find anything until you look for it. But, you won't look. You haven't looked. And you are lying to yourself if you think...[God is alright with that]...you can look the other way, and just not deal with it.

You point to the military as a valid source. Yet, when I use the military as a valid source, you change the subject. I know they have the right to thier own opinion. But what about them agreeing that torture is going on. Not everybody, from different sources around the world, can all be collectively wrong, and your military...[which refuses any access from independent organizations that would like to verify]...is right.
Until I see some tangible proof of such allegations
Tangible proof. So you want someone to fedex you a tortured child?
I will again continue to believe in the common good of our service men and women
Were in agreement here.
Would that be the BS conspiracy academy or are you just enjoying some self praise?
Self-praise...

It is this lack of caring about truth that made the Holocoust possible. It is part of the reason people want to cut off our heads. Why children are getting tortured. And it is the reason why Bush can lie to a nation, attack another country, and not get impeached. How do you think Hitler was able to do it. Because the Christian Germans that elected him looked the other way when he was consolidating his power.

Last edited:
You consistently cite well known radical left sources. If I was bringing Fox news into it you'd be screaming the same thing. My point is that until I start to see more widespread reporting of such allegations I will not be quick to believe them.
Tangible proof. So you want someone to fedex you a tortured child?
Don't be an ass, you know exactly what I mean.
I detest the things that went on at Abu Ghraib and believe those soldiers should be held accountable. If there are torturing or rapping of children really going on now I will be absolutely ashamed of the people involved and support full action to bring them down.
It is this lack of caring about truth that made the Holocoust possible. It is part of the reason people want to cut off our heads. Why children are getting tortured. And it is the reason why Bush can lie to a nation, attack another country, and not get impeached. How do you think Hitler was able to do it. Because the Christian Germans that elected him looked the other way when he was consolidating his power.
The fact that you could even connect a dot between Bush to Hitler shows the degree to which your perception of good and evil is seriously skewed. I would think someone like you would be able to show more similarities between Hitler and Saddam (evil dictator and evil dictator) but there seems to be a determination to blame and hate America coming from your mouth.

You consistently cite well known radical left sources.
Physicians for Human Rights is radical? Veterans for Peace is radical?
My point is that until I start to see
Bingo!
If there are torturing or rapping of children really going on now I will be absolutely ashamed of the people involved and support full action to bring them down.
Well, what is it going to take to convince you?...[This is a rhetorical statement in nature...and a question from you to yourself...no need to answer me]
The fact that you could even connect a dot between Bush to Hitler shows the degree to which your perception of good and evil is seriously skewed. I would think someone like you would be able to show more similarities between Hitler and Saddam (evil dictator and evil dictator) but there seems to be a determination to blame and hate America coming from your mouth.
I'm speaking about the attitude of the constituants that allowed the activity of their leaders to go un-abated and refusing to believe what was in the rumor-mill until it was too late. There are similarities between the two when you look in those terms. And I certainly do not hate America. But I think blind trust in our leaders makes for a bad american!

Last edited:
debate_junkie said:
The ELECTION OF A NEW president is what Im speaking of. Bush for all intents and purposes started this war, as Pres. Who wanted a leadership change in the midst of it?
I DID and so did 59,000,000 other smart Americans, not to mention BILLIONS of people around the world! I'm guessing that 59,000,000 has swelled since November as Bush has displayed over and over again why we should never have invaded Iraq. Bush has fueled terrorists hate for us at the same time he's fueled NON-TERRORISTS hate for us too! What a guy!

Bush is A MORON!
8340.jpg

Physicians for Human Rights is radical? Veterans for Peace is radical?
yes
Well, what is it going to take to convince you?...[This is a rhetorical statement in nature...and a question from you to yourself...no need to answer me]
So innocent until proven guilty only applies to our citizens? No other Americans are entitled to this "benefit of the doubt"?
There are similarities between the two when you look in those terms.
I couldn't disagree more and find it sickening

The thread "Why Terrorist are angry with America!" is actually offered as political satire. Sadly, some of you possess a sympathy and kindred comradship with the Gitmo paraphernalia and worship this stance as a righteous moral platform and an undeniable political given.

Simpatico sentiments aside, it never ceases to amaze me how some of you always believe in the worst and seek suckle from the lowest possible denominator.

ok to anyone who does not understand this point. i am sorry if i sound consascending but it is because i am reduced to it.

you have invaded a land, killed its people, offended the religion, imprisoned and tortured the inhabitants, pillaged the resources, enforced a political puppet regime on the people etc. Post Afghanistan and Iraq the feeling on the Muslim street is something else. Before Afghanistan and Iraq, people just didn't like the US. now they want to rip every American's heart out.

Now fair enough not every american or British person has done this. But the reality is that our governments have done this. Our governments are our representive. Hence we are responsble for anything that our govenments do. We will be rewarded or punished according to the actions of our governments. That is why we should be impeaching them for the actions if we disagree with them and not waiting 4 years for another election. Silence to the bombings is consent.

Ancient civilisations used to pillage land when they went in to territories and would take prisoners and execute groups of the population. It was seen as a norm. However what they didn't do was deny the fact that they are doing it. This seems to be specific to the US. Britain used to regularly punish the indigenous if they were not towing the line of the occupation. Perhaps it is an indication of weakness on the part of the Americans.

Last edited:
mikeangelo said:
ok to anyone who does not understand this point. i am sorry if i sound consascending but it is because i am reduced to it.

you have invaded a land, killed its people, offended the religion, imprisoned and tortured the inhabitants, pillaged the resources, enforced a political puppet regime on the people etc. Post Afghanistan and Iraq the feeling on the Muslim street is something else. Before Afghanistan and Iraq, people just didn't like the US. now they want to rip every American's heart out.

Now fair enough not every american or British person has done this. But the reality is that our governments have done this. Our governments are our representive. Hence we are responsble for anything that our govenments do. We will be rewarded or punished according to the actions of our governments. That is why we should be impeaching them for the actions if we disagree with them and not waiting 4 years for another election. Silence to the bombings is consent.

Ancient civilisations used to pillage land when they went in to territories and would take prisoners and execute groups of the population. It was seen as a norm. However what they didn't do was deny the fact that they are doing it. This seems to be specific to the US. Britain used to regularly punish the indigenous if they were not towing the line of the occupation. Perhaps it is an indication of weakness on the part of the Americans.
I'm sorry... were you sleeping through 9/11, USS Cole, Trade Center bombing, etc? Here's a news flash for you
Terrorists = bad guys
US = good guys

OK. Maybe I am a little in over my head here, but here goes...

Have any of you been to Iraq?

Have any of you put your life on the line to help and Iraqi?

Have any of you been order to a country where cowards are killing our American citizens?

Have anyone of you looked at your husband or wife and wondered if this was the last time you would ever see them because they were headed to a place where cowards are wanting to kill them?

By coward, I mean sucicide bombers or gunman who doen't have the balls to even show there faces.

You know what, I HAVE experienced not knowing if my children would EVER see their father again. My husband is a US MARINE and I can promise you he never tourtured or pillaged anyone (in sense you are menaing).

YES, he did raid homes and set up road blocks, but he also brought food to starving Iraqi's. He stood guard out front of a bank so that the towns people could get paid because that JACKASS terrorist of a dictator had not paid them in 6+ months.

The children were riding around with MARINE CORPS stickers on their bicycles. They feared the day the Marines left...Knowing the insurgants would then move in...

I do believe that the Iraqi war was only agenda for Bush, but let's face we saved a lot of people when we went into Iraq.

As for Afgan, it's not as if Osama did not know we were going to react the way the US did, so in my opinion you can blame!

Last edited:
nope. Again the reason the people didn't like us was because of our imperialistic adventures.

The above examples were small fry. They were done by small groups of highly deadly people. The masses in the Muslim lands were still quite docile about what was going on.

what we have gone and done by going into Afghanistan and Iraq is we have occupied the people and insulted the religion. This has awokened the masses.

Again you will get small groups of individuals that are very good at blowing stuff up. There needs to be a policy distinction between that an the Muslim horde rising up. you can't imagine a billion annoyed militarised people after us.

That has not happened yet, but this is the direction that things are going.

cindy said:
OK. Maybe I am a little in over my head here, but here goes...

Have any of you been to Iraq?

Have any of you put your life on the line to help and Iraqi?

Have any of you been order to a country where cowards are killing our American citizens?

Have anyone of you looked at your husband or wife and wondered if this was the last time you would ever see them because they were headed to a place where cowards are wanting to kill them?

By coward, I mean sucicide bombers or gunman who doen't have the balls to even show there faces.

You know what, I HAVE experienced not knowing if my children would EVER see their father again. My husband is a US MARINE and I can promise you he never tourtured or pillaged anyone (in sense you are menaing).

YES, he did raid homes and set up road blocks, but he also brought food to starving Iraqi's. He stood guard out front of a bank so that the towns people could get paid because that JACKASS terrorist of a dictator had not paid them in 6+ months.

The children were riding around with MARINE CORPS stickers on their bicycles. They feared the day the Marines left...Knowing the insurgants would then move in...

I do believe that the Iraqi war was only agenda for Bush, but let's face we saved a lot of people when we went into Iraq.

It's not as if Osama did not know we were going to react the way the US did, so in my opinion you can blame!
Well said Cindy, nice to hear some truths from those in harms way instead of agenda driven half assed journalists.
God bless your husband for his service and your family for its support and dedication. My family is grateful.

Bluestateredneck said:
Gandhi>Bush...... I don't even know how to try and break through your clouded misperception of our enemies.

Try harder.

mikeangelo said:
nope. Again the reason the people didn't like us was because of our imperialistic adventures.

The above examples were small fry. They were done by small groups of highly deadly people. The masses in the Muslim lands were still quite docile about what was going on.

what we have gone and done by going into Afghanistan and Iraq is we have occupied the people and insulted the religion. This has awokened the masses.

Again you will get small groups of individuals that are very good at blowing stuff up. There needs to be a policy distinction between that an the Muslim horde rising up. you can't imagine a billion annoyed militarised people after us.

That has not happened yet, but this is the direction that things are going.

I didn't jump for joy when bombed either of those countries like many of them did for us on 9/11...There is no excuse...Osama hates capitalism , but he seems to use quite abit of it!

teacher said:
cindy said:
Rock on cindy. Don't get too upset. After all. Our side won the election. This is just talk.

I try not to get too upset, but there were some leaning toward that bastard Michael Crook alias whoever and owner of Forsake The Troops.

It is more of an indication of Corporatism, and how it has taken America away from Americans.

I couldn't agree with you more. When looking at the hate-based posts that practice the art of ...[what psycologists call]...PROJECTION, its no wonder that people want to cut off our heads. The difference between some of these posts and terrorists, is these posts want to "rip" off your head, in lieu of "cut".

The biggest joke of all, is the fervor at which they defend (and are loyal too) someone whose loyalties are not reciprocated. Look at "the vote on Eminent Domain" or "the fiscal spending policies of the current Administration (as in giving "no-bid" contracts to Haliberton with public money)" and you can see these are not in the best interest of Americans. Just [Corporate] America!

Last edited:
How about dropping a 500 pounder on a hospital in Fallujah. That is noble?

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
It is more of an indication of Corporatism, and how it has taken America away from Americans.

I couldn't agree with you more. When looking at the hate-based posts that practice the art of ...[what psycologists call]...PROJECTION, its no wonder that people want to cut off our heads. The difference between some of these posts and terrorists, is these posts want to "rip" off your head, in lieu of "cut".

The biggest joke of all, is the fervor at which they defend (and are loyal too) someone whose loyalties are not reciprocated. Look at "the vote on Eminent Domain" or "the fiscal spending policies of the current Administration (as in giving "no-bid" contracts to Haliberton with public money)" and you can see these are not in the best interest of Americans. Just [Corporate] America!

OK...Pillage...If you call my husband risking his life raiding homes of suspected insurgants, who by all accounts not only kill American they kill Iraqis too. He was doing so trying to protect the Iraqi citizens before himself...

You didn't answer any of my questions...Have you served for your country and put your life on the line? Please while your rantings are upheld my America's 1st Admendment...Let's remember the people of American would have no such rights if it was not for people like my husband.

Last edited:

Your husband is the living definition of an AMERICAN HERO!

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
How about dropping a 500 pounder on a hospital in Fallujah. That is noble?

At least they had warning...I suspect you believe the people of England deserved that too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom