• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why Terrorist are angry with America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixStringHero

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
1,586
Reaction score
133
Location
Southwest
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
It goes way deeper than that. Islamic fanaticism is at the root of it. They are indoctrinated at a young age to hate America. To them, we are the plight and plague of all their problems. When you have a country where dictatorship is common place, and freedom of the press is non-existent, that said group has complete control and power over it's people.
 

Simon W. Moon

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
22,807
Reaction score
8,096
Location
Fayettenam
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
They don't like how we as a nation relate to them and the ME. They don't hate us, they just hate the policies we make re them.
HOW ARABS VIEW AMERICA
HOW ARABS LEARN ABOUT AMERICA
A Six-Nation Survey​
Attitudes toward American values, people, and products remain mostly favorable, but have also declined in the past two years.
US policy is the major factor that accounts for the low US favorable ratings and the decline in these ratings.
These factors[values, people and products] have no impact on Arab attitudes toward US policy, which remains low and drives overall favorables down.


&



[size=+1]Poll Shows Growing Arab Rancor at U.S. [/size]Those polled said their opinions were shaped by U.S. policies, rather than by values or culture. When asked: "What is the first thought when you hear 'America'?" respondents overwhelmingly said: "Unfair foreign policy."
And when asked what the United States could do to improve its image in the Arab world, the most frequently provided answers were "Stop supporting Israel" and "Change your Middle East policy."​
 

Aleem

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
112
Reaction score
7
Location
Egypt
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm an egyptian, But i don't hate american people BUT i extremely hate its administration and its violence against us .

But you know what ? I sometimes blame american people Because without their votes, Bush wouldn't be thier president, And i can't excuse you especially after the last elections which means your agreement with what he does .

I hate american army very much, I hate what they do against Iraqi people, I hate what they do against its prisoners everywhere . I hate them when palastinian people are slaughtered by american weapons .

In the past, I was dreaming to visit America, But now i can't endure the idea.

I can say you have a very ugly face toward the world especially Middle East.

You support our enemy i.e Israel, You support our despotic rulers .
You don't know how much you're hated here, I know what i say .

In short, USA is the other face of The Devil here .
 

Gandhi>Bush

Non-Passive Pascifist
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
2,742
Reaction score
0
Location
Mesquite, Texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Aleem,

I'm really not sure if you, or anyone that shares your ideas, knows what the last election in America was like. We had to choose from, what most people agree, were two idiots. Kerry was better in my opinion, but not by much. It mainly came down to how divided we were. We were greatly divided and then faced with two equally unappealing choices.

Perhaps you say hatred for lack of a weaker word, but hatred says quite alot.
 

Shadowlands

Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Ct
Aleem said:
I'm an egyptian, But i don't hate american people BUT i extremely hate its administration and its violence against us .

But you know what ? I sometimes blame american people Because without their votes, Bush wouldn't be thier president, And i can't excuse you especially after the last elections which means your agreement with what he does .

I hate american army very much, I hate what they do against Iraqi people, I hate what they do against its prisoners everywhere . I hate them when palastinian people are slaughtered by american weapons .

In the past, I was dreaming to visit America, But now i can't endure the idea.

I can say you have a very ugly face toward the world especially Middle East.

You support our enemy i.e Israel, You support our despotic rulers .
You don't know how much you're hated here, I know what i say .

In short, USA is the other face of The Devil here .
Just wondering do you recognize Isreal as a country or not?
 

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
30,534
Reaction score
10,682
Location
Louisiana
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
galenrox said:
Plus Bush didn't win as a vindication for his war policy, but instead he somehow convinced a lot of America that democrats are immoral, and hated Jesus, and so on, and so he won. Less than 40% of America support what we're doing in Iraq currently.
There were different reasons that people re-elected President Bush, for instance, I saw nothing that Kerry could do that would actually bring about good for the country and felt that all of the progress we've made to re-establish a consumer driven market could be destroyed by one signiture on the wrong economic bill, Kerry was very weak on the economic level IMHO and I also believe he played the monetary classes against each other to further his agenda. I also didn't trust his take on the war, but that was secondary.
 

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
30,534
Reaction score
10,682
Location
Louisiana
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
galenrox said:
No argument here, Kerry was a crappy candidate. I like your signature line.
Thank you, I have this weird mental process in which profundities just sort of pop into my head.
 

Madhatter

New member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
galenrox said:
No argument here, Kerry was a crappy candidate. I like your signature line.
I dont think that Kerry was a crappy candidate, I just think that he ran a very poor campaign... Quite frankly the dems dropped the ball, Kerry or his election staff dropped ball (They should have seeked me out, I would have kick some stuff into gear :lol: )

We deserved to lose that election, it was ran well and done with compassion, but in a presidential election a campaign must be run with impunitiy and perfection, and that was simply not done.

-now is a time that should be donated to democratic unity, and I think we're seeing the startings of that.

-now is a time to pressure and push the things that makes the democratic party great.

-now is a time to say to the American public, Republicans dont hold the monoply on patriotism, that just because in the past you have shouted louder does not make you stronger nor does it makes your message be heard anymore so.

-now is time to recognize that some of the greatest periods in modern US history came in the limelight of a democratic president or in the wake of its idealism and forethought.

-Now is a time where as a global leader, the US needs to command the type of respect and rightousness that was lacking in the last 5 years.

Now is our time, now is America's time.
 
Last edited:

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
46
Location
Pergatory
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
Thanks for your posts :2wave: . You all have very good points. Keep um coming! ;)
 
J

J. Walls

Yeah they're mad at us for GITMO. That's why they decided to fly planes into buildings full of civilians. You are absolutly right. we should close down all of our detainment facilities. Get a freakin clue. these people represent a very small portion of the muslim population. Make no mistake, if they will not stop until either we stop them are until we are all dead.
 

Alex

DP Veteran
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
855
Location
Milwaukee, WI
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Simon W. Moon said:
They don't like how we as a nation relate to them and the ME. They don't hate us, they just hate the policies we make re them.
HOW ARABS VIEW AMERICA
HOW ARABS LEARN ABOUT AMERICA
A Six-Nation Survey​
Attitudes toward American values, people, and products remain mostly favorable, but have also declined in the past two years.
US policy is the major factor that accounts for the low US favorable ratings and the decline in these ratings.
These factors[values, people and products] have no impact on Arab attitudes toward US policy, which remains low and drives overall favorables down.


&



[size=+1]Poll Shows Growing Arab Rancor at U.S. [/size]Those polled said their opinions were shaped by U.S. policies, rather than by values or culture. When asked: "What is the first thought when you hear 'America'?" respondents overwhelmingly said: "Unfair foreign policy."
And when asked what the United States could do to improve its image in the Arab world, the most frequently provided answers were "Stop supporting Israel" and "Change your Middle East policy."​
I was just about the write the same things pointed out here. I'll just say that I agree with it all.
 

GarzaUK

That European Guy
DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
3,682
Reaction score
625
Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
galenrox said:
No argument here, Kerry was a crappy candidate. I like your signature line.
Years from now we will look back and we will wonder "if only a good candidate ran against Bush."

Bush was quite lucky to pull of what he did, although he seems to think that 52% of the popular vote means that the country backs his mandate lol.
 

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
46
Location
Pergatory
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
J. Walls said:
Yeah they're mad at us for GITMO. That's why they decided to fly planes into buildings full of civilians. You are absolutly right. we should close down all of our detainment facilities. Get a freakin clue. these people represent a very small portion of the muslim population. Make no mistake, if they will not stop until either we stop them are until we are all dead.
Exactly. :mrgreen:
 

Squawker

Professor
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
1,314
Reaction score
4
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We have never had a Republican President that the left around the world liked, or vice versa, so I don't see any changes happening in the near future.
 

akyron

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
10,329
Reaction score
2,432
Location
Texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Other
Its the glazed chicken. It is not spicy enough.
 

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Read Aleems post. Then read again. And again. And again. Until you realize that the reason for 9/11 was directly proportional to American arrogance and its quest for Empire. We are not the great country we once were if we condone torture, detainment without being charged of a crime, and this illegal phoney war on terror.
You cannot have a war against an ideology. There is no tangible way to have closure. This is all BS. We are in Iraq to proliferate Corporatism. And we are heading for our own Nuremburg. Check out the link below and see what you don't see in the Pro-Bush media over at Fox News.

http://www.worldtribunal.org/main/?b=7

Best way to prevent 9/11 is to impeach Bush, have Congress remove him from office and him over to an International Court to be charged as a war criminal for Crimes against Humanity.
 
Last edited:

Surenderer

Active member
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
469
Reaction score
0
Peace upon all of you,
I am also a Muslim and have many Arab friends and this is what I know of dislike for America worldwide......now this isn't dislike for American people but for the Government and it's policies.....I know that many will say that the crimes committed on 9-11 targeted civilians but as awful as it was please remember that it could have been much worse if those same terrorists(and I don't deny that they were just that) had decided to fly planes instead into a Nuclear power facility which could perhaps wipe out the East Coast or a Football stadium and perhaps kill 10's of thousands of people...What seems to be forgotten/ignored is what the World Trade Center and the Pentagon... anyway dislike for America in the M.E. begins with these 3 facts:

1. The evil Saddam Hussein himself, was once supported by the American government during the Iraq Iran war

2. The American government and American companies sold him arms and materials to help produce the bombs and dangerous weapons which he used on his own people on more than one occasion

3.No matter what Bush says about concerns for civil liberties, human rights and democracy, I know of not one American policy which is designed to support human right abuses, feminist equality, and free speech in the Middle East, let alone the world. In fact, America has allied itself with some of the most gross human rights abusers in the region, and the world (Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey,) and shamelessly has the audacity to condemn other governments ( Iraq, Iran, Syria) for their history of human rights


The worse thing about this whole affair is that American foreign policy depends not upon understanding the Middle East nor its people, but on making them subservient to their personal interests: keeping the flow of oil going no matter what...As far as the Muslim dislike for American-Israeli crisis Muslims know (but many Americans don't) that in 2001 Three times the United States said it would veto a proposal by the Palestinians to bring in "monitors" to help bring the violence to an end. The issue of placing an observer force at scenes of conflict seems to be something the United States favors almost every place else, except in Palestine. Not to mention the fact that U.S. is making big money selling arms to the M.E. which begots more and more violence....but I do recognize Israel as a State as do most Muslims (sorry but thats true)
 

debate_junkie

Worst Nightmare
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
919
Reaction score
19
Location
Pennsylvania
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Surenderer said:
Peace upon all of you,
I am also a Muslim and have many Arab friends and this is what I know of dislike for America worldwide......now this isn't dislike for American people but for the Government and it's policies.....I know that many will say that the crimes committed on 9-11 targeted civilians but as awful as it was please remember that it could have been much worse if those same terrorists(and I don't deny that they were just that) had decided to fly planes instead into a Nuclear power facility which could perhaps wipe out the East Coast or a Football stadium and perhaps kill 10's of thousands of people...What seems to be forgotten/ignored is what the World Trade Center and the Pentagon... anyway dislike for America in the M.E. begins with these 3 facts:

1. The evil Saddam Hussein himself, was once supported by the American government during the Iraq Iran war

2. The American government and American companies sold him arms and materials to help produce the bombs and dangerous weapons which he used on his own people on more than one occasion

3.No matter what Bush says about concerns for civil liberties, human rights and democracy, I know of not one American policy which is designed to support human right abuses, feminist equality, and free speech in the Middle East, let alone the world. In fact, America has allied itself with some of the most gross human rights abusers in the region, and the world (Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey,) and shamelessly has the audacity to condemn other governments ( Iraq, Iran, Syria) for their history of human rights


The worse thing about this whole affair is that American foreign policy depends not upon understanding the Middle East nor its people, but on making them subservient to their personal interests: keeping the flow of oil going no matter what...As far as the Muslim dislike for American-Israeli crisis Muslims know (but many Americans don't) that in 2001 Three times the United States said it would veto a proposal by the Palestinians to bring in "monitors" to help bring the violence to an end. The issue of placing an observer force at scenes of conflict seems to be something the United States favors almost every place else, except in Palestine. Not to mention the fact that U.S. is making big money selling arms to the M.E. which begots more and more violence....but I do recognize Israel as a State as do most Muslims (sorry but thats true)

All very valid arguments Surenderer. Well written, and the candor is appreciated. I've often remarked about the "cut and dry" politics with Israel and the Palestinians. I don't claim to be a scholar of the conflict, but it always appeared to me that the U.S. governments favor has pretty much stayed with Israel, no matter the issue. Does Israel deserve to exist? Yes, the ME should get used to that. Should the Palestinians be forced from Gaza? I may be showing my ignorance, but no, and I was elated to see Sharon's decision to begin pulling the forces from the area.
 

Surenderer

Active member
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
469
Reaction score
0
Thanks Bro I really appreciate it :smile: I of course believe also that Israel has a right to exist.Does this mean that the way they came into existence is fair or right? No it was very unfair. Since I am also African-American I liken the Arab-Israel conflict to the Blacks being shipped to America by the slave-owners...was it right? of course not but that has happened and it's not going to change so "Lemonade needs to be made out of those Lemons" The big difference to me is though that the Palestinians still don't have a place to call a home. Most Muslims if asked I would bet would not want the eradication of Israel but would want the Palestinians to have their own state. Doesn't everyone have a right to call something home?



Peace upon you
 

BRAXUS

New member
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Billo_Really said:
Read Aleems post. Then read again. And again. And again. Until you realize that the reason for 9/11 was directly proportional to American arrogance and its quest for Empire. We are not the great country we once were if we condone torture, detainment without being charged of a crime, and this illegal phoney war on terror.
You cannot have a war against an ideology. There is no tangible way to have closure. This is all BS. We are in Iraq to proliferate Corporatism. And we are heading for our own Nuremburg. Check out the link below and see what you don't see in the Pro-Bush media over at Fox News.

http://www.worldtribunal.org/main/?b=7

Best way to prevent 9/11 is to impeach Bush, have Congress remove him from office and him over to an International Court to be charged as a war criminal for Crimes against Humanity.

Interesting opinion, I have a couple questions though. First the reason for 9/11 being Americas fault makes about as much sense as a women being raped is her fault, or my car getting stolen in my work parking lot.

2nd, If congress was impeach Bush who would replace him? I know the Vice President, according to your theory nothing would change. But for curosity who would you put aas President? Would it be a person that will try to negotiate through the UN for another 12 years making resolutions that have no wait from countries that commit fraud and break those resolutions? Or would you choose a person that would act big and fire a patriot or two off, and when terrorists strike again blame it on the US again for some other ridiculous reason.

3rd, Bush could not be brought up on War Crimes it isnt legaly possible due to the actions that I think you mean not being directly ordered by him. (Just a legal note not a opinion). But if Bush was to be brought up on war crimes you better bring a few extra seats and be prepared to add Bill Clinton, and all of the UN Security Council due to alot of military actions over the past 20 years has been a result of the UN.

So I ask this of everybody why should any country be forced to bow to the UN when they dont and wont back up there own resolutions and will not live up to the original charter or By-laws? Why should only a select few countries be sent in to all of the places the UN says? These are things that we all, in any country, must ask and we have a right to know the answers.

As for terrorism being a idiology, you are part right. Like the KKK it is a break off of somthing else. I refuse to put the entire Muslim religion and its people together because some sect is commiting barbaric acts of beheading torture and other serious crimes. If you do put them all in the same pot then you are no better than the terrorists.
 

Loki

Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Location
Middle of nowhere Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
galenrox said:
And it certainly doesn't help us much that after 9/11 people were pulling arabs out of their cars and beating them. Or us torturing muslims and ******* on them and their qu'rans. Or the fact that quite a few of us refer to arabs as "sand niggers". So yeah, we can blame them, but if we don't look at what we're doing to make us a target, then nothing will change.
I am unaware of anyone pulling moslems out of their cars and beating them

up. The qu'ran story has been debunked. I, for one, don't believe

the tactics used at gitmo qualify as torture. The moslems have much to

hate us for, support for israel and our way of life. However, short of

stopping support for israel and keeping our women home, barefoot, and

pregnant I don't think there is much we can do about it.
 
Last edited:

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
9/11 being Americas fault makes about as much sense as a women being raped is her fault
No, but a prostitute getting peoples faces is bound to solicit a response at some point in time.

If congress was impeach Bush who would replace him? I know the Vice President, according to your theory nothing would change. But for curosity who would you put aas President?
The prospect of Chaney makes me ill. But we can impeach both of them. Which then, per our Constitution, we now have (correct me if I'm wrong) President Rice.

making resolutions that have no wait from countries that commit fraud and break those resolutions
Those sanctions were so harsh, that they drove the infant mortality rate up 50% in that country. And UN 1441 never authorized the use of force.

a person that would act big and fire a patriot or two off, and when terrorists strike again blame it on the US again for some other ridiculous reason
Your not to far from the truth here. Except that it is not ridiculous if your the one the missle is aimed at.

Bush could not be brought up on War Crimes it isnt legaly possible
It is legally possible. "Only Congress can declare war" is a law. A law that Bush broke by authorizing bombing sorties in April 2002.

why should any country be forced to bow to the UN
Not every country, just the ones that are MEMBERS. Of which, we are.

because some sect is commiting barbaric acts of beheading torture and other serious crimes.
How about torturing a 10 year old in front of there father in order to illicit a confession. Since you don't say anything about this kind of barbarism, then you must condone it. And lastly, people don't just decide to fly planes in our buildings. You have to have a real "hate-on" to do something like that. And those are emotions that have a little external help in their genisis.

In case your wondering, it was US forces at Abu Graib that tortured the ten year old.

http://www.sundayherald.com/43796
 
Last edited:

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
The qu'ran story has been debunked.
What do you mean debunked? The Pentagon admitted it happened! But in the interests of being fair, once they were alerted to this matter, they issued a 22 page report on how to handle the document. And there have been no instances after that.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom