• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

why sometimes and some of christians insult prophet Mohammad ?

secondboy

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
hi .
we (muslims and christians) believe in god and heaven and hell.
we(muslims)don't allow anyone to insult prophet Jesus.we love
prophet Mohammad and we love Jesus also.
but why sometimes and some of christians insult prophet Mohammad ?
for example in Denmark and ...
Again we(muslims)don't allow anyone insult one of messengers of God neither Prophet Mohammad and neither prophet Jesus

secondboy said:
hi .
Again we(muslims)don't allow anyone insult one of messengers of God neither Prophet Mohammad and neither prophet Jesus

It's a matter of perception. I'm willing to bet that in the eyes of many Christians, you just insulted Jesus by refering to him as merely a prophet and a messenger.

Besides, didn't you (as a Muslim) just show disrespect to both Jesus and Mohammad by not adding "peace be upon him" after their names?

secondboy said:
hi .

Why shouldn't they? Some people view all religion as silly and based on mythology. Why shouldn't they be able to say what they feel?

secondboy said:
hi .

It's called freedom of expression.

Instead of getting defendent about the Prophet Mohammed, how about you counter the Danish newspaper cartoons by showing the Prophet Mohammed in a manner contrary to what was satired in the newspaper.

The protests, and boycotts make Muslims look childish, and reactionary. Instead of burning Danish flags, and crying foul, why don't people just counter the cartoons, by demonstrating that the Prophet Mohammed was not a terrorist?

I'm getting more and more upset about this little tantrum the Islamic community is having. I consider myself fairly tolerant of people and if someone is offended by CARTOONS they have every right to be. Although something they don't have the right to do: gunmen taking over the EU embassy-not okay. Seriously. These people who are burning Danish flags and taking their food off the shelf need to grow up. Way to prove the cartoons right.

Kelzie said:
I'm getting more and more upset about this little tantrum the Islamic community is having. I consider myself fairly tolerant of people and if someone is offended by CARTOONS they have every right to be. Although something they don't have the right to do: gunmen taking over the EU embassy-not okay. Seriously. These people who are burning Danish flags and taking their food off the shelf need to grow up. Way to prove the cartoons right.
An article says a Koran was flushed...

Result?...Thousands riot...16 people dead...

Remember "Satanic Verses"?...Death threats over a book...all in the name of Allah...

:roll:

I haven't heard any of the alledged insults myself, but I suppose it happens.
An insult is something that has to be given, and then received. If you choose to accept it, you are insulted. You COULD ignore the insults instead of getting upset about it, right? As far as the flushing of a Koran, the Koran, the bible, the Torah, all are JUST BOOKS. The real religious icons should be how we live the words in the books, or at least those words that lead to peaceful coexistence. All 3 major religions have some teachings that are rejected by mainstream Christians, Jews, and Muslims. The radicals who think the words themselves are holy and that any and all "sacrilege" must be punished are trying to act for God. They should leave it to God to do the punishing.
There are some leaders in all 3 major religions that deserve some serious punishment from God. Any of them that teach hatred and intolerance may find themselves on the wrong side of God's temper come the day of judgement.

secondboy said:

Either you are young and totally unaware of how muslims respect other religions in other countries or you are in comeplete denial.

http://www.biblenetworknews.com/africa/112202_nigeria.html
http://www.asianews.it/view.php?l=en&art=4609
http://reformednet.org/refnet/martyr/indonesia/961010/
http://www.domini.org/openbook/ind20000107.htm
http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/008888.php

When muslism do those things,they have no room to bitch about how Mohammad is drawn or if he is being drawn.

What about Jews?Don"t they beleave in God, heaven and hell?

we(muslims)don't allow anyone to insult prophet Jesus.

As a christian I am offended at the suggestion that Jesus is nothing more than a prophet.But I have a pair of balls and therefore do not need to cry like a sissy or throw a girlish tantrum because someone offended me.

It seems some of the members aren't aware of how intolerant Islam is . In 2001 , the great Bamyan statute - Tallest Standing Buddha in the World- 150 feet . an Archaeological pride , and Budhha the founder of Buddhism was blown up by Bazookas in Afghanistan by the Taliban goverment !!! India, where Buddhism was born and manu other Buddhist Countries , including U.S had begged the Muslim Fundamentalists to stop and even offered they were willing to transport the Statue into India .But no the Muslim villians had ignored the International outrage .

So what are you saying, that all Muslims support the persecution of other religions? In these examples, I am fairly certain that these acts were made by extremists and are misinterpreted as being the general attitude that Muslims hold toward other religions. To compare the intolerance of the radical followers to that of a more mild and more "general" practitioner, is the same principle in saying that all Christians are anti-seminist and believe that other races of people aren't fully human (some examples that the followers of Identity Christianity value, an extremist Christian group.)

liberal1 said:
So what are you saying, that all Muslims support the persecution of other religions?

Not all muslims I am sure the muslims here in the US are somewhat tolerant of other religions.

In these examples, I am fairly certain that these acts were made by extremists and are misinterpreted as being the general attitude that Muslims hold toward other religions.
It is extreamist muslims that blow up innocent civilians and claim it is their duty to allah,it was extreamist muslims who flew planes into buildings and claimed that it was their duty to allah.It was extreamist muslim who blow other mosques because those muslims in those mosques do not practice their brand of Islam and cliam that it was their duty to allah.Extreamist muslim burn down christian houses,destroy other religious monuments,murder people of other religious denominations as their devotion to Allah.

To compare the intolerance of the radical followers to that of a more mild and more "general" practitioner, is the same principle in saying that all Christians are anti-seminist and believe that other races of people aren't fully human (some examples that the followers of Identity Christianity value, an extremist Christian group

Huge numbers Christians are not burning emabssys,murdering innocent people,and vandalizing property because of a work of crap called the **** christ and other things that **** off chrisitans.Huge numbers of Christians are not saying we support morons who make offensive crap and try to porpatrate it as art.

I seen only one or two muslims speaking out against the nonsense these extreamist are doing.

secondboy said:

Really....Then where were the muslim riots when it was announced that Kanye West was going to appear as Jesus on the cover of a magazine? Where were the muslim riots when Howard Stern appeared as Jesus with his whole crucifiction of Stern campaign?

Christians get angry at what they see as anti-christianity all the time. Muslims can get angry too if they feel someone has offended their religion. But both religions must do it in a civilized way. You can't go bonkers when your religion is insulted. Your faith is supposed to be stronger than that.

And to argue that all Muslims do something or all Christians do something is ridiculous. There are some very unchristian like christians out there doing horrible stuff in the name of Christ all the time. Likewise, there are plenty of Muslims making news for some horrible ****.

Last edited:
I would not want to represent the Muslim faith as one of bombs and violence. I'm too afraid they will come and cut my head off.:shock:

Back
Top Bottom