• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why should republicans trust this imigration bill?

YoungConserv

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I have been looking at this and imigration bill and It seems to me awfully reminiscent of the 86 and 07 plans that had the imigration reform first and border security second. In both of thes past examples the reform happened and the border security promised never came. With this bills promise of security by 2021 it seems to me that its the same old song and dance can anyone tell me why conservatives to trust that this time will be any diffrent or are we just destined to Charlie Brown trying to kick a football on this issue ?

Our elected representatives in Washington, regardless of party, have no interest in closing the borders. They want us to think that they do, but they really don't. They do not represent us at all. Everything is about them and their relationships with the special interests that control their decisions. The best interests of America and Americans is no longer part of their decision making process.

Our elected representatives in Washington, regardless of party, have no interest in closing the borders. They want us to think that they do, but they really don't. They do not represent us at all. Everything is about them and their relationships with the special interests that control their decisions. The best interests of America and Americans is no longer part of their decision making process.

Exactly.

Why should Republicans trust this bill?
Why should Democrats trust this bill?
Why would anyone trust this bill?

Answer: They shouldn't.

It is a crap piece of legislation that will change nothing. Comprehensive reform would be more along the lines of greatly expanding the caps for non-workers; require a license fee to enter or employ foreigners; mandatory ID/Photo. fingerprints, DNA swabs; deportation of existing illegals; greater restrictions on status adjustments; realistic processing times; a treaty with Mexico allowing for a buffer patrol zone and US drug interdiction operations before it reaches the border; efforts to promote opportunities within Mexico to slow the tide such as cross-border utilities and infrastructure improvements, just to name a few ideas.

I have been looking at this and imigration bill and It seems to me awfully reminiscent of the 86 and 07 plans that had the imigration reform first and border security second. In both of thes past examples the reform happened and the border security promised never came. With this bills promise of security by 2021 it seems to me that its the same old song and dance can anyone tell me why conservatives to trust that this time will be any diffrent or are we just destined to Charlie Brown trying to kick a football on this issue ?

The fact is they shouldn't. Nobody should.

Anyone remember the last big piece of legislation meant to take care of all the issues.

It was signed into law by President Bill Clinton.

What happened to that?

Pub. L. 104-208 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996

It's idiotic to call a bill that gives amnesty for illegals here before a certain point reform. It's not reform. Reform would be changing the system permanently. Giving goodies to a select group for a limited time is pandering. And no, of course the border won't be secure unless the security is required before amnesty is even considered.

The only people who trust this immigration bill are pro-illegal scum regardless of party.They trust that any enforcement measures will be gutted or neutered and that amnesty will remain intact.

Corker,architect of the faux "Border Surge"made his fortune in the construction business. I have no doubt he hired many an illegal alien.

Back
Top Bottom