• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why should babys of illegal imigrants be awared with US citzenship?

Stonewall

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
One builds a wall to keep them out and when they get in illegally, they should stay and pay taxes! Isnt this stupid? Even worse there children are americans, although there mother is a criminal. Why dont they just lock the mother up for 15 years and put the child in an orphange. Is this what they call "hard love"?
Maybe its too hard, but what are you going to tell the legal imigrants who are waiting for there chance? It sounds like a double standard.

If you break the law and get caught you can stay. If you apply legally and your application is rejected, you lost.

America, close your gates to criminals.

One builds a wall to keep them out and when they get in illegally, they should stay and pay taxes! Isnt this stupid? Even worse there children are americans, although there mother is a criminal. Why dont they just lock the mother up for 15 years and put the child in an orphange. Is this what they call "hard love"?
Maybe its too hard, but what are you going to tell the legal imigrants who are waiting for there chance? It sounds like a double standard.

If you break the law and get caught you can stay. If you apply legally and your application is rejected, you lost.

America, close your gates to criminals.

Well put.....;)

I think, as I have thought before, that the babies getting citizenship in of itself isn't an issue - after all, if you were born here, you were born here regardless of whether or not your mother was here legally. The problem is extension of rights immediately after wards to the parent.

This is why part of the INS Act of 1965 be changed to end anchor baby births.

Fred Fry International: Elvira Arellano Should Not Have Been Deported

Anchor baby or jackpot baby are terms used to refer to a child born in the United States to illegal aliens or other non-citizens. Such a child is legally a citizen of the United States. The term refers to a resident alien's child's role in facilitating "chain migration" under the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Services Act of 1965.

Because it's in the 14th Amendment.

But H.R.1868 - Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009 - seeks to repeal it:

H.R.1868: Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Even I as a hardcore lib believe it's time to stop legalizing "anchor babies".
I think at least one of parents must be a US citizen for the child to be.

That's something I can agree to as well being a conservative. One or two illegals humping and having a child should not in any way provide citizens rights to the child. I would support the repeal of anchor babies as this would force the government to fix the INS and it's policy for immigration - which is broken beyond belief.

Personally I think it should only be the mother to be a citizen in order for the child to be a natural born citizen,unless there is DNA testing to prove that the birth father is genitcally the child's father and proof that the birth father is a citizen of the United states and will take care of the child if the mother is deported and does not wish to take her child with her. Because as far as I know the woman can stick any joker's name as the father on a birth certificate.

Illegal mother is a criminal which broke US laws by sneaking in the US
Illegal baby broke the law by being born in the US, back to origin of mother
Illegal mother and child should be sent back to wear they come from and they should have to pay all expenses: hospital, food,legal cost and transport back to wherever.

Its called hard but fair.

It's an outdated part of the U.S. constitution from a time when travel was difficult, and most immigrants came by ship across the ocean. There probably weren't many limits on numbers of immigrants because the continent was largely unpopulated.

Now we would prefer to limit population growth from other nations, and they are able to slip across the border easily, we have social welfare and free healthcare for illegals. They have grown their numbers into a large voting block that will make it impossible to overcome at this point in time, much through this loophole in the immigration law.

Sounds resonable and sound,but what do the Liberals say? The rule the country now?

Illegal mother is a criminal which broke US laws by sneaking in the US
Illegal baby broke the law by being born in the US, back to origin of mother
Illegal mother and child should be sent back to wear they come from and they should have to pay all expenses: hospital, food,legal cost and transport back to wherever.

Its called hard but fair.

Dunno - since the child had no say in it - wasn't even alive. But then again, this would drag in the abortion related debate matter of when is a fetus a person, and all that sloppy stuff.

you are all Kids of immigrants so you all should all get the hell out of here.

Last edited:
Wait a minute. Since when can a bill passed by Congress supersede a constitutional amendment?

You repeal an amendment by passing another amendment, which starts off as a lowly ol' bill.

Didn't you watch Saturday morning cartoons that explained all this? :2razz:

v4saol.jpg

Well for one:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Well for one:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

You can at least remove the child's ability to be an anchor baby.This does not require changing the constitution.

Anchor baby or jackpot baby are terms used to refer to a child born in the United States to illegal aliens or other non-citizens. Such a child is legally a citizen of the United States. The term refers to a resident alien's child's role in facilitating "chain migration" under the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Services Act of 1965.

'Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States ...'

This is the part that bothers me. How could someone that steps over the border illegally be subject to the jurisdiction of the US? Are they not subject to the jurisdiction of their place of origin?

I agree. It only serves to make the problem worse as it becomes a race to the border to give birth and ultimately causes families to be torn apart.

'Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States ...'

This is the part that bothers me. How could someone that steps over the border illegally be subject to the jurisdiction of the US? Are they not subject to the jurisdiction of their place of origin?

Read that again and you'll have your answer.

You repeal an amendment by passing another amendment, which starts off as a lowly ol' bill.

Didn't you watch Saturday morning cartoons that explained all this? :2razz:

v4saol.jpg

That bill would have no teeth since it's unconstitutional.

We stole this land fair and square so we get to decide who stays and who doesn't!

We stole this land fair and square so we get to decide who stays and who doesn't!

Thats how it works anytime a group of people are conquered.

Yes, & that should serve as a strong reminder to those that want to cut military spending that being conquered is not a good thing........;)

You can at least remove the child's ability to be an anchor baby.This does not require changing the constitution.

And who's gonna take care of the kid?

And who's gonna take care of the kid?

As far as I know there is no law that says the child has to stay here or be removed from his or her mother. I am also okay with the child being given up for adoption or raised by the state. Eliminating chain migration for relatives other than spouse or minor children would basically get rid of the anchor baby seeing how a child born here could no longer facilitate that kind of chain migration and it would not require changing the constitution.

Back
Top Bottom