• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why QAnon is dangerous not funny!!!!

Qanon does not have to be a terrorist organization to be dangerous as hell. Rampant conspiracy theories turn facts into pliable opinion and then treats pliable opinion like an "alternate fact".

the favorite retort of Q's when confronted with their nonsense is that "you can't prove it's not so" regardless of the topic at hand completely ignoring the simple FACT that you can't prove a negative.

They are whacks and they are dangerous as all hell.

People are laughing at the stupidity of those who believe in the really stupid conspiracy theories of those who are supporters of QAnon. I remember that I and many of my GOP friends laughed at the Tea party and said it would never catch on with the GOP. The Tea party was the beginning of what has ended up being the Trump party, formally the GOP party. Will the QAnon end up being the end result of the Trump party and will it then become the QAnon party as the two major parties move farther to the left and right? So we can laugh at the stupids who believe in all of the conspiracies of those who follow QAnon, but with Trump giving his tassit approval, I no longer laugh at those fools and realize the danger, do you?

Trump was trolling, his replies were great, seriously anyone who has read that **** ( I did for 10 mins) knows it’s just a bunch of crud

But murder kidnapping and violence are okay? BLM promotes none of those things.

I don't know much about QAnon. Do they promote kidnapping and violence?

Rampant conspiracy theories turn facts into pliable opinion and then treats pliable opinion like an "alternate fact".

This perfectly describes most of the nonsense coming from the mainstream media talking potato heads.

Do you consider them dangerous as hell? I do.

That tends to be one of the things they typically support

Do you have a point? Or, are you auditioning for the role of Captain Obvious?

This perfectly describes most of the nonsense coming from the mainstream media talking potato heads.

Do you consider them dangerous as hell? I do.

Nothing nonsensical about it at least not as an understand of what the Qanan whacks do and promote. But maybe you can straighten us all out. Are you a member? Please do educate us if you can.

Do you have a point? Or, are you auditioning for the role of Captain Obvious?

I am just waiting to see where you try to go with this before I commit to a response, given your posting history of trying to trap people into a certain response through rhetoric. It saves me effort of having to reframe the debate in my terms in the long run.

I am in the mood to save effort for myself right now after a big lunch :)

Nothing nonsensical about it at least not as an understand of what the Qanan whacks do and promote. But maybe you can straighten us all out. Are you a member? Please do educate us if you can.

I've repeatedly said I don't know much about QAnon. I suspect you know more about them than I do. Am I right?

But tell me...why did you avoid my question?

I am just waiting to see where you try to go with this before I commit to a response, given your posting history of trying to trap people into a certain response through rhetoric. It saves me effort of having to reframe the debate in my terms in the long run.

I am in the mood to save effort for myself right now after a big lunch :)

I'm not trying to go anywhere. I've already expressed my view.

So don't worry...you can express your's, as well.

I'm not trying to go anywhere. I've already expressed my view.

So don't worry...you can express your's, as well.

The TEA party was partially fuelled by concerns over taxes, in that you are correct. However, the main concern was over nativism.

I've repeatedly said I don't know much about QAnon. I suspect you know more about them than I do. Am I right?

But tell me...why did you avoid my question?

See post 26 which I am sure you already read. The answer to your question is there. I am not in the habit of repeating myself.

The TEA party was partially fuelled by concerns over taxes, in that you are correct. However, the main concern was over nativism.

As I remember it the TEA Party initially sprung from anger over the Wall St bailouts of the Great Recession. Their tax argument was that their taxes would eventually pay for the Wall St bailout. I never really knew why they worked themselves up into such a lather over it:
a) the entire US economy floats on a big fat cloud of credit and debt. So there had to be a Wall St bailout (really an investment bank bailout) regardless of how they felt about it
b) what did they really think would happen if the credit markets and the banks crashed? Did they think nobody would come calling for their mortgage payments and they would be able to just live in those homes happy as pigs in slop without making mortgage payments?

The business aspects of COVID may end up worse than the Great Recession eventually. But the financial aspects of the Great Recession held the very real possibility that the credit markets would come crashing down around our ears and that is what Bernanke, Giethner and Paulson were desperate to save. You can buckle the economy and the degree to which you might buckle it will just result in more or less time needed to recover. Crash the credit markets and the banks in an economy like ours and now you are really in for it and you will crash the entire world economy and all those banking systems at the same time.

I do agree that under all their taxes and Wall St bailout nonsense was a bad streak of nativism.

Last edited:

Oh. Okay. I wasn't aware of that, but hey...you can believe what you want.

See post 26 which I am sure you already read. The answer to your question is there. I am not in the habit of repeating myself.

No. That post prompted my question.

Again, why are you avoiding answering my question?

No. That post prompted my question.

Then you didn't actually read 26 and I am not going to give you the satisfaction of repeating the post or even a segment of the post. You are trolling us again.

Ah, but the Tea Party moved the GOP far enough to the right for them to accept someone like Trump s their leader. How much father does the party have to move the the right to become the QAnon party. I think not that far as many of the Trump followers already believe in "deep State" and other figments of their imaginations.

While the Tea Party certainly didn't help, the GOP started catering to the wrong instincts long before they came around.

This is happening on Trump's watch and I don't live near the this couple of block area of Portland.

You know, they could just reform the police and this would all go away.

Trump doesnt run the States. He tried to offer them help and was rejected. This is all on you leftists 100%. Also that you would even try to blame Trump for this crap displays your intelligence level to everyone. Just sayin.
Also, one cop killed a man. That doesnt mean all cops need reform. Do we need to reform all democrats because one shot a 5 yr old in the head for riding his bike on his lawn?

Back
Top Bottom