• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Pride?

So what if it is?
Why do you have a problem with it,and more importantly, why do you think should I have a problem with?
Well,if that's what you believe what are you plan to do about it?
Ban parades?
Ban flags?
Have the Ministry of Virtue monitor all parades and arrest people who do things you don't like?

What,exactly are you planning to do about it?
Care to answer that question?

I don't really care about the parades. In fact, the Gay Pride parade I saw back in the late 80's was pretty good. I remarked earlier in the thread, it's something everyone should see at least once, especially in a place like SF.

The only reason we are having the debate is because I agree with the op that said parades do in fact promote an agenda. That much is a simple, obvious fact. I argue with you and CLX about it because you two insist the rather absurd notion that they do not promote an agenda.

I don't really care about the parades. In fact, the Gay Pride parade I saw back in the late 80's was pretty good. I remarked earlier in the thread, it's something everyone should see at least once, especially in a place like SF.

The only reason we are having the debate is because I agree with the op that said parades do in fact promote an agenda. That much is a simple, obvious fact. I argue with you and CLX about it because you two insist the rather absurd notion that they do not promote an agenda.

Certian parades do.
So what if they do?

It is the organizers who set the theme for the parade,not you?
Is anyone required to buy into the agenda?
The word "agenda" is not an automatic bad thing.

My parents had an agenda by staging protests and sit-ins.
It was to get people to stop discriminating against them.
Was it wrong for them to have that agenda?

Some may wonder if you have an agenda.

No one here has yet to prove that the agenda is wrong.
They just prove they don't like it.
Two different things.

Personally,I don't go to gay pride parades because they have some "agenda", I go there to have fun.

Just for the record,what is your view on homoexuality again?

If you feel that certian parades have an agenda.and having agenda's is wrong,just what do you plan to do about it?

Certian parades do.
So what if they do?

It is the organizers who set the theme for the parade,not you?
Is anyone required to buy into the agenda?
The word "agenda" is not an automatic bad thing.

My parents had an agenda by staging protests and sit-ins.
It was to get people to stop discriminating against them.
Was it wrong for them to have that agenda?

Some may wonder if you have an agenda.

No one here has yet to prove that the agenda is wrong.
They just prove they don't like it.
Two different things.

Personally,I don't go to gay pride parades because they have some "agenda", I go there to have fun.

Just for the record,what is your view on homoexuality again?

If you feel that certian parades have an agenda.and having agenda's is wrong,just what do you plan to do about it?

I don't care about the agenda. I only care that there is an agenda. and I argue against those who say there is no agenda.

I'm cool with homosexuality. It's not my thing, but I have no issue with those who are gay. If I was attracted to men, I would **** them. If I wanted men to **** me, I'd let them. I don't see it as a big deal either way. I'm just not into men. Sometimes I think it would have made life a lot easier though of I was. Living with women is difficult.

Moderator's Warning:
calamity and Clax. Cease the personal crap, now.

In your face, agenda, etc. call it what you will. It's constant.
Well an agenda is the plan to get something done. Everybody has an agenda. It isn't in your face. You're saying that people that trip over themselves to cram their face into something are having it thrown in their face. That isn't the case.

Patriotism or gay stuff. You name it. It's pushed on TV, in the news, on the parade routes, and with the various flags being waved. Maybe you're one of those people who doesn't pay attention.
No, I'm one of those people that understand you pick TV shows to watch and you go out and buy news papers and you choose to watch news so you're deliberately seeking to cram your face into it. You could just as easily play cards, read a book, or watch movies. Seeking it or to cram your face in it and then complaining that they are throwing it in your face is a bit odd.

Don't buy a paper, don't watch television, that isn't throwing it in your face sorry.

I don't care about the agenda. I only care that there is an agenda. and I argue against those who say there is no agenda.
An agenda is a list of items to be discussed at a formal meeting.

There are a list of items to be discussed. Anybody that enters the discussion has am agenda, including you.

So I have an agenda, everybody that has ever posted a message on a board like this has an agenda. You have an agenda, I have one, Garfield the cat has an agenda.

Well an agenda is the plan to get something done. Everybody has an agenda. It isn't in your face. You're saying that people that trip over themselves to cram their face into something are having it thrown in their face. That isn't the case.
We almost agree, but not quite. Walking down a street and seeing a dozen rainbow flags is not cramming your face in it. Seeing a gay character suddenly appear in Star Trek is not tripping over yourself to do it either. No, those are evidence of a gay agenda.

No, I'm one of those people that understand you pick TV shows to watch and you go out and buy news papers and you choose to watch news so you're deliberately seeking to cram your face into it. You could just as easily play cards, read a book, or watch movies. Seeking it or to cram your face in it and then complaining that they are throwing it in your face is a bit odd.

Don't buy a paper, don't watch television, that isn't throwing it in your face sorry.
That's absurd. You're saying people should shut themselves off from media and lock themselves in their homes or else they are seeking out things which offend them. Lol

An agenda is a list of items to be discussed at a formal meeting.

There are a list of items to be discussed. Anybody that enters the discussion has am agenda, including you.

So I have an agenda, everybody that has ever posted a message on a board like this has an agenda. You have an agenda, I have one, Garfield the cat has an agenda.
On that we agree. And, on the "gay agenda" we probably do not.

IMO, the GA is to normalize homosexuality. Is that necessarily bad? No. I'm just saying it exists.

We almost agree, but not quite. Walking down a street and seeing a dozen rainbow flags is not cramming your face in it.
Yeah it is, you have to physically move your body from your couch and go put it in that street. You have to choose which street to walk down. You can stay home. You can choose a different street.

Seeing a gay character suddenly appear in Star Trek is not tripping over yourself to do it either.
You don't have to watch star trek. You physically have to do action to see it. You choose that you're shoving your face into it
No, those are evidence of a gay agenda.
An agenda is a list of items to be discussed. Everybody that ever discusses anything has an agenda. Also they can't be gay because they lack sentience.

Flags being hung isn't an agenda, they aren't a list of items to be discussed. They are pieces of cloth that are colorful.

A character in a movie isn't an agenda because it isn't an item on a list to be discussed.

I think what you really mean is that there is subterfuge involving gay people. Characters suddenly appearing to try and expose you to it or sneak it into your every day life.

Movies and television have been nearly completely designed to get messages to you. As far back as the fifties. So this isn't something new.

That's absurd. You're saying people should shut themselves off from media and lock themselves in their homes or else they are seeking out things which offend them. Lol
That is absurd, that's why I didn't make that argument. You made a straw man. You can seek entertainment that is free of homosexuality. There was hundreds of thousands of years of man's existence without social media or television.

And you don't have to put your face on or near any rainbow flags. If in order for these ultra sensitive people to not feel as though sexuality is being thrown in their faces we have to ban public display of the rainbow flags, perhaps Iran is a better country for them.

Basically you have failed to make your point. It isn't being thrown in people's faces. People who say that really want all reminders that homosexual people exist removed. I have zero pity for them. I'm not going to respect it because I would have to walk on eggshells to protect the ultra sensitive. The ultra sensitive need to grow a thicker skin.

On that we agree. And, on the "gay agenda" we probably do not.
Agendas can't be gay they aren't human.

IMO, the GA is to normalize homosexuality. Is that necessarily bad? No. I'm just saying it exists.
That wouldn't be an agenda, that would be a plot, a ploy, a plan, an effort, a scheme, a narrative, or a conspiracy.

I prefer conspiracy.

An agenda is again a list of items to be discussed. It's not the normalization of anything. That's a conspiracy.

So the idea that these gay people or Hollywood is attempting to drive up acceptance of homosexuality and that every gay person that expresses their preferred gender in public is secretly trying to throw it in people's faces is a conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
Yeah it is, you have to physically move your body from your couch and go put it in that street. You have to choose which street to walk down. You can stay home. You can choose a different street.

You don't have to watch star trek. You physically have to do action to see it. You choose that you're shoving your face into it An agenda is a list of items to be discussed. Everybody that ever discusses anything has an agenda. Also they can't be gay because they lack sentience.

Flags being hung isn't an agenda, they aren't a list of items to be discussed. They are pieces of cloth that are colorful.

A character in a movie isn't an agenda because it isn't an item on a list to be discussed.

I think what you really mean is that there is subterfuge involving gay people. Characters suddenly appearing to try and expose you to it or sneak it into your every day life.

Movies and television have been nearly completely designed to get messages to you. As far back as the fifties. So this isn't something new.

That is absurd, that's why I didn't make that argument. You made a straw man. You can seek entertainment that is free of homosexuality. There was hundreds of thousands of years of man's existence without social media or television.

And you don't have to put your face on or near any rainbow flags. If in order for these ultra sensitive people to not feel as though sexuality is being thrown in their faces we have to ban public display of the rainbow flags, perhaps Iran is a better country for them.

Basically you have failed to make your point. It isn't being thrown in people's faces. People who say that really want all reminders that homosexual people exist removed. I have zero pity for them. I'm not going to respect it because I would have to walk on eggshells to protect the ultra sensitive. The ultra sensitive need to grow a thicker skin.
Yes, for all intents and purposes, you did make that argument. You're saying people can choose to walk down a different street, not go to a certain movie, etc. Well, why should they have to do that? Maybe they would like to walk down any street or see any movie without being bombarded by gay propaganda.

Agendas can't be gay they aren't human.

That wouldn't be an agenda, that would be a plot, a ploy, a plan, an effort, a scheme, a narrative, or a conspiracy.

I prefer conspiracy.

An agenda is again a list of items to be discussed. It's not the normalization of anything. That's a conspiracy.

So the idea that these gay people or Hollywood is attempting to drive up acceptance of homosexuality and that every gay person that expresses their preferred gender in public is secretly trying to throw it in people's faces is a conspiracy theory.

Uh-huh...whatever. You know what I mean by Gay Agenda. Play pedantic if you like though. Not my problem. Bye.

Yes, for all intents and purposes, you did make that argument. You're saying people can choose to walk down a different street, not go to a certain movie, etc. Well, why should they have to do that? Maybe they would like to walk down any street or see any movie without being bombarded by gay propaganda.[/i]

You identify what you may think is a problem without offering any solutions.

You can't always get what you want.If GAY PROPAGANDA offends them,that's their problem,no one elses.
And no one is required to have any sympathy for the offended.

I'd like to enjoy Mardi Gras without all those crazy religious people in everyone's faces carrying signs stating that everyone is going to helll for having fun,but I realize that those people have a right to be their speech.

I'm sure racists whites in Selma ,Alabama didn't wan't to see Civil Rights Propaganda during MLK's March through there.

Freedom of Speech is not dependent on whether or not someone likes it.

So what is your solution,Calamity?

You identify what you may think is a problem without offering any solutions.

You can't always get what you want.If GAY PROPAGANDA offends them,that's their problem,no one elses.
And no one is required to have any sympathy for the offended.

I'd like to enjoy Mardi Gras without all those crazy religious people in everyone's faces carrying signs stating that everyone is going to helll for having fun,but I realize that those people have a right to be their speech.

I'm sure racists whites in Selma ,Alabama didn't wan't to see Civil Rights Propaganda during MLK's March through there.

Freedom of Speech is not dependent on whether or not someone likes it.

So what is your solution,Calamity?

I didn't know I was supposed to offer one. :)

I didn't know I was supposed to offer one. :)
People love to complain about the weather,but there is nothing they could do about it
It would be nice if you would offer a solution,but no, you are not required to offer one.`
It could be that you have none,or the solutions are far worse than the problem.

People love to complain about the weather,but there is nothing they could do about it
It would be nice if you would offer a solution,but no, you are not required to offer one.`
It could be that you have none,or the solutions are far worse than the problem.

It's not really a "problem." It is just a fact: Pride parades, rainbow flags, inserting gay actors in movies, etc is part of the "gay agenda." That agenda being to normalize homosexuality via exposing people to it, bring attention to it, as often as possible.

I do not see that as a "problem." So, why would I look for a solution?

Yes, for all intents and purposes, you did make that argument. You're saying people can choose to walk down a different street, not go to a certain movie, etc. Well, why should they have to do that? Maybe they would like to walk down any street or see any movie without being bombarded by gay propaganda.

They don't have to, their sensitivities curve them to. Nobody else does.

If you feel like a rainbow flag is propaganda and it's bombarding you, that's nobody's problem but their own.

They can grow a thicker skin, or they can avoid their irritant.

They don't have to, their sensitivities curve them to. Nobody else does.

If you feel like a rainbow flag is propaganda and it's bombarding you, that's nobody's problem but their own.

They can grow a thicker skin, or they can avoid their irritant.

Or they can bitch about it.

But you arrest going to get me to think it's something being thrown in your face. Likely won't get anybody to think that except others that already agree. And you can all stew about it together.

It is shoved in people's face. I guess that some people do not like it escapes you. Personally, it does not bother me. But, it's pretty hard to ignore that it is prevalent, and that it would bother a certain segment of the population, which I believe is the entire point of the exercise.

I am not sure you are being honest here. I believe you know damned well that getting a reaction from the "haters" is one of the purposes behind all those flags and parades.

It is shoved in people's face.
It isn't.

I guess that some people do not like it escapes you.
Oh, so people choose not to like it they choose to have it thrown in their face. I agree.

Personally, it does not bother me.
You have told me this at least five times. Who are you trying to convince?

But, it's pretty hard to ignore that it is prevalent, and that it would bother a certain segment of the population, which I believe is the entire point of the exercise.
No it isn't, that's a conspiracy theory.

I am not sure you are being honest here. I believe you know damned well that getting a reaction from the "haters" is one of the purposes behind all those flags and parades.
Sorry, that doesn't make any kind of sense. Haters normally don't show up to these things, so they would be waving their flags for nobody.

Offending the ultra sensitive isn't the purpose. They get offended because they are ultra sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom