• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Pride?

Aww what a delicate wittel snow fwake you are.

So you're convinced that people are maliciously hanging flags to shove your face in it? That's some extreme narcissisism.
Not even remotely my point, which is more to say that there is clearly an effort by the LGBT community to shove their **** in our faces.

You can tell yourself that lie all you want. You think ten flags hung outside is people throwing their sexuality in your face. You have a consuming issue with gay people if you're that sensative.
it's "sensitive." And, no.

Personally, I could not care less. But, it does go to prove my point, which is really all I ever care about in here.

Not even remotely my point, which is more to say that there is clearly an effort by the LGBT community to shove their **** in our faces.
Just because you say so does not make it it fact.
Facts need evidence to support it
All you have just your opinion.
No one seems to care.

All I see are a bunch of adults having fun.
I think that's beautiful.

If you don't want to see a bunch of gay people having fun at a Gay Pride Parade don't go to one.
It's as simple as that
Geez,how many times has that been said on this thread already,and how many times does it have to be said before certian people "get it".

If I march in the Puerto Rican Day parade (you should see some of the skimpy costumes the women wear) is that flaunting the fact that I am Peurto Rican in your face?
Do you have a problem with Peurto Ricans as well?
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Just because you say so does not make it it fact.
Fact need evidence to support it
All you have just your opinion.

All I see are a bunch of adults having fun.

If you don't want to see a bunch of gay people having fun at a Gay Pride Parade don't go to one.It's as imple as that
Geez,how many times has that been said already,and how many times does it have to be said before cerian people "get it".

If I march in the Puerto Rican Day parade (you should see some of the skimpy costumes the women wear) is that flaunting the fact that I am Peurto Rican in your face?
Do you have a problem with Peurto Ricans as well?
Do you feel the same about KKK parades?

Do you feel the same about KKK parades?

What I feel about KKK parades is immaterial.
This subject isn't about me,so don't try to make it about me.

I don't try to stop them from organizing anttending and I don't go to them.
It's as simple as that.
I am in no way shape or form required to like the KKK or anything it stands for.
If others want to protest a KKK parade,I have no problem with that.They have that right.
If you want to protest Gay Pride Parades I have no problem with that also.That is your right also,
Just because I'd think you would be a total jackass for doing so is imaterial and has no relevance ont his particular subject.

Why did you ask (other than an obvious and rather sad attempt at "gotcha") if I feel the same about KKK parades?
If what they are doing is what called "fun" they have a sick and twisted definition of the word.in my opinion.
But hey,differnet strokes for different folks.

Do you attend them yourself?
Tell me,what are they like?

Last edited:
What I feel about KKK parades is immaterial.
I don't try to stop them and I don't go to them.
It's as simple as that.
I am in no way shape or form required to like the KKK or anything it stands for.
If others want to protest the,I have no problem with that.
If you want to protest Gay Pride Parades I have no problem with that also.

Why did you ask (other than an obvious and rather sad attempt at "gotcha")?

Do you attend them yourself?
Tell me,what are they like?

Do you consider their parades a case of them shoving racism in your face?

Do you consider their parades a case of them shoving racism in your face?
Still looking for that "gotcha",I see.
How sad.

Once again this isn't about me.
I don't attend KKK parades and really don't care how they conduct themselves.
If people attend,oh well.
If people want to protest them,oh well.
There is no "shoving it into my face" if I do not attend.
It's really a simple concept. Why do you not seem to understand that?
A child can understand that.

Still looking for that "gotcha",I see.
How sad.

Once again this isn't about me.
I don't attend KKK parades and really don't care how they conduct themselves.
If people attend,oh well.
If people want to protest them,oh well.
There is no "shoving it into my face" if I do not attend.
It's really a simple concept. Why do you not seem to understand that?
A child can understand that.

So, you believe the KKK marching down the main street in your town is not them shoving racism in the face of the good people of that town. Is this correct?

So, you believe the KKK marching down the main street in your town is not them shoving racism in the face of the good people of that town. Is this correct?

You can choose to see it that way,if you wish.
I am not required to do so.
So you believe the KKK marching down the main street of you town should be illegal. Is that correct?
If you are going to introduce tawdry underhanded tactics into this discussion,be well aware that two can play that game.
I chose not to see it that way.
Nor am I required to.
Nor am I trying to prevent them from having the parade in the first place.

All I I see it as a bunch of people I wouldn't want to associate with in the first place expessing an opinion I may not like by walking around in white sheets.
Oh well,not my monkeys,not my circus.
They don't seem to be having much fun,but hey,that's not my problem.
If their idea of having fun is being angry that is none of my concern.

No one is required to pay any attention to them.
If people are "having their faces shoved into it" it is because they went down there fully expecting it to happen.
I will admit,I don't understands some people's idea of fun.
I'm not going to try and stop them.
But hey,differnt strokes for diffent folks

Third attempt at "gotcha" failed.
You're not doing very good on this thread,are you?

If I am sitting across at a seperate table at the same restaurant you are patronizing wearing a thousand dollar Armani and 500 dollar Italian shoes.that must mean that I am shoving the fact that I make more money than you and should not be allowed,Am I correct?

The "gotcha" game gets boring real fast,so do you have anything intelligent you wish to ask?

Last edited:
You can choose to see it that way,if you wish.
I am not required to do so.
So you believe the KKK marching down the main street of you town should be illegal. Is that correct?
I didn't say that. I just asked if you thought it was them shoving racism in the face of the people in that town. I do believe it is, BTW.

If you are going to introduce tawdry tacticts into this discussion,be well aware that two can play that game.
I chose not to see it that way. I see it as a bunch of people expessioning an opinion I may not like.
Nor am I required to./
Nor am I trying to prevent them from having the parade inthe first place.

No one is required to pay any attention to them.
If people are "having their faces shoved into it" it is because they went down there fully expecting it to happen.
I will admit,I don't understands some people's idea of fun.

Third attempt at "gotcha" failed.

Your not doing very good on this thread,are you?

If I am sitting across at a seperate table at the same restaurant you are patronizing wearing a thousand dollar Armani and 500 dollar Italian shoes.that must mean that I am shoving the fact that I make more money than you and should not be allowed,Am I correct?

The "gotcha" game gets boring real fast,so do you have anything intelligent you wish to ask?

You're the one with the chip on your shoulder who decided to make this discussion confrontational.

I didn't say that.
I didn't say you did.

So,you like using that tactic on others Which you tried three times and failed) but don't like it when it is done to you.

Gotcha

I just asked if you thought it was them shoving racism in the face of the people in that town. I do believe it is, BTW.
Good for you,what do you want,a cookie?
You're the one with the chip on your shoulder who decided to make this discussion confrontational.
That's your opinion,thank you for sharing.
Here's mine.I don't think anyone cares.
I haven't broken any rules.
If you don't like the way I write,dont read it.

That's been a common theme I keep having to go back to because people just do seem to understand.
If you don't like it,don't do it.
If you don't like Gay Pride Parades,don't go to them.
Why are so many people here having such a hard time grasping that very simple concept.

Last edited:
Most straights are not that way..... I am seeing more acceptance over the past 5-6 years.

It's not perfect....but we will all get there sooner than later.

I have plenty of Christians friends that could care less also..... which sort of shocked me when I hear them speaking on the subject. Maybe because most of them attend more modern type churches?

I think that TV has promoted acceptance, and I know that in the workforce that the laws passed during the Clinton administrations have been been very successful in teaching employees that all that should matter is the work product. In my entire career somebody's being gay or not never even came up, and I mean ever. I didn't care, and nobody else cared. We were all too busy. ;)

I didn't say you did.

So,you like using that tactic on others Which you tried three times and failed) but don't like it when it is done to you.

Gotcha

Good for you,what do you want,a cookie?

That's your opinion,thank you for sharing.
Here's mine.I don't think anyone cares.
I haven't broken any rules.
If you don't like the way I write,dont read it.

That's been a common theme I keep having to go back to because people just do seem to understand.
If you don't like it,don't do it.
If you don't like Gay Pride Parades,don't go to them.
Why are so many people here having such a hard time grasping that very simple concept.

Point is, I stated gay pride flags hanging on every other shop in town is indeed the LGBT shoving their agenda in people's face. It's no different than some yahoo flying his Rebel Yell Confederate flag. It's just that we call his hate and the other a celebration of "diversity."

You seem to disagree, threw in a few ad homs, and then ran off crying like a baby with your "gotcha" whine.

Point is, I stated gay pride flags hanging on every other shop in town is indeed the LGBT shoving their agenda in people's face.{/quote]
That is just your OPINION.
It's no different than some yahoo flying his Rebel Yell Confederate flag. It's just that we call his hate and the other a celebration of "diversity."
Good for you,what do you want,a medal?
You seem to disagree,
Wah,wah,wah,Verthaine disagrees with me,wah,wah,wam
threw in a few ad homs,
Oh for goodness sakes,look at my post count.
I am quite familiar with your writing style and what you stand for and let me say,you seem to be one of the more prolific debators at tossing ad homs around and employing sleazy underhanded tactic in these debate.
and then ran off crying like a baby with your "gotcha" whine.

How can I have ran off when I am here replying to you?
Are you mad becuase I beat you at your own gotcha game?
I've been around boats enough to recognize a fishing expedition when I see one.

Are you mad because I didn't answer you the way you wanted to,or like the answers themselves.
Well,that's just too bad,now is it?

As I have asked before,do you have any intelligent questions you wish to ask me?
If not, I see no reason to continue this discussion.

Point is, I stated gay pride flags hanging on every other shop in town is indeed the LGBT shoving their agenda in people's face.{/quote]
That is just your OPINION.

Good for you,what do you want,a medal?

Wah,wah,wah,Verthaine disagrees with me,wah,wah,wam

Oh for goodness sakes,look at my post count.
I am quite familiar with your writing style and what you stand for and let me say,you seem to be one of the more prolific debators at tossing ad homs around and employing sleazy underhanded tactic in these debate.

How can I have ran off when I am here replying to you?
Are you mad becuase I beat you at your own gotcha game?
I've been around boats enough to recognize a fishing expedition when I see one.

Are you mad because I didn't answer you the way you wanted to,or like the answers themselves.
Well,that's just too bad,now is it?

As I have asked before,do you have any intelligent questions you wish to ask me?
If not, I see no reason to continue this discussion.

What does any of that have to do with you disagreeing with my basic premise that gay pride is definitely thrown in people's face?

Point is, I stated gay pride flags hanging on every other shop in town is indeed the LGBT shoving their agenda in people's face.
That is your opinion.I and no one else are required to agree with it.
Sorry if I am not in awe simply because you stated your opinion.

It's no different than some yahoo flying his Rebel Yell Confederate flag. It's just that we call his hate and the other a celebration of "diversity.
And so what if they do. People are entitled to their opinions.
They don't need yout opinion,approval or permission.
Did you not know that?

Who is this "we" you speak of.
Are you their elected spokesperson?
You seem to disagree,
So what if I did.That is my right to disagree with you,last time I checked.
Get over it.
threw in a few ad homs,

Oh the delicious irony.Look at you,trying to look all innocent. I've been on this site on and off for years and am quite familiar with your writing style,how you employ it and what you represent.
May I say,you never seem to have a problem tossing ad hom attacks around and employing underhanded sleazy debating tactics yourself,so lets cut the bullcrap,shall we?

and then ran off crying like a baby with your "gotcha" whine.
And this isn't an ad hom attack,now is it?
Are you mad because I beat you at your own "gotcha" game (I've been around boat to recognize a fishing expedtion when I see it.And you came in wading boots and a fishing rod.
Unless you have something intelligent to add or ask,I see no reason for us to continue this discussion

That is your opinion.I and no one else are required to agree with it.
Sorry if I am not in awe simply because you stated your opinion.

And so what if they do. People are entitled to their opinions.
They don't need yout opinion,approval or permission.
Did you not know that?

Who is this "we" you speak of.
Are you their elected spokesperson?

So what if I did.That is my right to disagree with you,last time I checked.
Get over it.

Oh the delicious irony.Look at you,trying to look all innocent. I've been on this site on and off for years and am quite familiar with your writing style,how you employ it and what you represent.
May I say,you never seem to have a problem tossing ad hom attacks around and employing underhanded sleazy debating tactics yourself,so lets cut the bullcrap,shall we?

And this isn't an ad hom attack,now is it?
Are you mad because I beat you at your own "gotcha" game (I've been around boat to recognize a fishing expedtion when I see it.And you came in wading boots and a fishing rod.
Unless you have something intelligent to add or ask,I see no reason for us to continue this discussion
What does any of that have to do with you disagreeing with my basic premise that gay pride is definitely thrown in people's face?

I didn't know I was required to agree with you or explain why I disagree with you.
My apologies,your Royal Highness.

It is up to you to prove that it is.
Good luck on that,others have failed to do so before you on this thread.

All you have offered is your opinion, that it is.
I'm looking around,and I don't see anyone who cares what your opinion is.
No one is required to adopt your opinions.

What about my premise of if you don't like gay pride parades,don't attend them.
Please,tell me what is wrong with that premise?

Last edited:
I didn't know I was required to agree with you or explain why I disagree with you.

Please,tell me what is wrong with that premise?

So, you have nothing to say that is on topic. Ok.

calamity said:

Personally,i think your premise sucks,but that's just my opinion.
And I question your motivation for stating it.

There,I addressed it,satisfied?

Please,tell me what is wrong with that premise?[/QUOTE]

So, you have nothing to say that is on topic. Ok.

I think your premise sucks.
How's that for staying on topic?
And I suspect you have ulterior motives for stating them.
Plus no one seems to care about what your opinions are.
Satisfied?

Last edited:
The idea that gays would sue someone who refused to bake them a wedding cake was considered absurd not too long ago but is now a reality. I'm not buying that gays don't want to cram things down people's throats. They seem to relish it.

a. It's not a wedding cake, and

b. Nobody's got an "in-your-face attitude". As the stigma of homosexuality eases and people learn there's no difference between gays and straights, visibility increases.

Gay's are no more shoving their lifestyle down your throat than hetero's have done for centuries.

I find nothing wrong with anyone expressing love for another person. Neither does "God".

The idea that gays would sue someone who refused to bake them a wedding cake was considered absurd not too long ago but is now a reality. I'm not buying that gays don't want to cram things down people's throats. They seem to relish it.
I see what you did.

Then there is no problem,now is there?
If there is,maybe you should come up with a better premise.

I like my premise. I believe it to be accurate. You certainly have not convinced me otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom