• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Pride?

If something is driven down it means people are afraid to publication express such feelings. Meaning acceptance is the norm.

Acceptance deals with how they feel about someone or something. If they just refrain from acting or voicing their beliefs they didn't accept a damn thing besides the reality they can't voice their opinion.

Yeah one is about democracy, throwing sexuality out in public for everybody to see it and the other is about gay pride.

They both seem to have plenty of people throwing sexuality out in the public for everyone to see. Gay pride parades however were not intended for that purpose.

They are still a bunch of people having a damn good time.No matter how much you try to spin it.
It's a party,who carfes about why it's being thrown (other than you,of course)
Why should I care about the intent?
Do you normally go to parties and just sit there wondering why they threw the party?

He may not be invited to many parties.

I went there to look at sexy men. I have a grieve that likes to go to the zoo in summer because woman are wearing almost exactly what people are at pride.

In fact I saw a twelve year old girl walk into my favorite Barbecue joint in what looked like just a shirt. With her parents. Not a long shirt either. She was wearing tiny little shorts under that shirt.

But it's lewd for men to do that. I'm beginning to think men don't like the idea of men being seen as sexual objects.

Notice the only complaints are from men.

Most of the men that wore skimpy bathing suits were in great shape.

I think the offense comes from the sexual objectification of men.

Makes no difference to me what hat you think I'm wearing.
Good for you.
I also don't think acceptance has really moved as much as people think. I think it's has just been driven under like other things in this country have been in the past. If that is a good thing or a bad thing is up to other people to decide.
At least you phrased those three sentences as an opio,and not a fact,I'll give you that much.
You were the one that brought it up, not me. :shrug:
Thank you for stating the obvious.

It's not acceptable for people the majority to have pride in who they are.
So what if it isn't?

Are you required by force not to have pride?
Wah wah wah,people won't accept me,people will criticize me wah,wah,wah.
You already proved my point about what this is really all about.
No need to continue.
You have been most helpful
It's been that way for decades now. Of it's not illegal and no one could stop a straight pride parade, but it would go very poorly.
Once again so what?
My parents didn't say "Let's not attend the Civil Rights March because people might not approve".

What the hell is it that you want,Henrin?
Do you want to force straight people to attend a White Pride Parade?
Do you even remember gay people crying a few years ago about straight people not accepting their parades? Apparently not.

So what if they did.Why should I care?
My restaurants make money during Mardi Gras and Southern Decedence.
Me and the lovely Mrs. Verthaine have fun in both.
What's the problem?

Even if it is hypocrisy,so what?
It's what we humans do well at.
Never surprises me at all.

They both seem to have plenty of people throwing sexuality out in the public for everyone to see. Gay pride parades however were not intended for that purpose.
Not really. You don't get beads for showing your genitals at a gay pride parade. I've been to both. Gay pride is kid friendly. MG isn't.

Aww what a delicate wittel snow fwake you are.

So you're convinced that people are maliciously hanging flags to shove your face in it? That's some extreme narcissisism.

Or a case delusional paranioa.
We just don't know.

Not really. You don't get beads for showing your genitals at a gay pride parade. I've been to both. Gay pride is kid friendly. MG isn't.

Gay pride parades are not kid friendly. :lol: I would agree they are more kid friendly than MG by a good bit, but they are still not kid friendly.

Not even anal beads?

Acceptance is knowing you can't change it and this giving up. It's not feelings.

They both seem to have plenty of people throwing sexuality out in the public for everyone to see.
You must get conniption fits whenever you go to the beach and see all those people wearing itty bitty bikinis and speedoes.
Gay pride parades however were not intended for that purpose.
How many gay pride parades have you organized?
You do realize that parades change throughout the years,do you?
The people change,the floats change,even the reason for having the parade changes through time.
Deal with it.

Last edited:
He may not be invited to many parties.

I'm beginning to think so myself.
Oh well,care for a beer my friend while we watch the parade go by?

Gay pride parades are not kid friendly. :lol: I would agree they are more kid friendly than MG by a good bit, but they are still not kid friendly.

I've been to them, I know better than you. If you want to lie to yourself without knowing the first thing about it that's your business. But I'm not believing your lies.

Plenty of people bring their kids to Mardi Gras. It happens all over the city,all over the state (and in Mississipi and Alabama)not just on Bourbon Street.
Mardis Gras is always one the biggest parties in the world.

What parents should not do is bring their kids to Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras.
Hell,I live here and I wouldn't bring my kids to Bourbon street after dark on normal days. During the day is it's safe for kids,and there are a number of great restaurants on Bourbon St.(if you permit me to say,two of those restaurant are mine)

Yeah no kidding. People hanging flags to throw it in his face. I guess veterans from Vietnam are throwing it in his face when they wave the POWMIA flags.

I have signs in front of all my restaurants.I guess that must mean I am "throwing it at people's face that I own a restuarant" since it's my name on the sign..

Definately not because I love cooking and making lots of money off that.

I've been to them, I know better than you. If you want to lie to yourself without knowing the first thing about it that's your business. But I'm not believing your lies.

Hell,I'm straight and I've been to a quite a few gay pride parades(one of my daughters is gay) and I know better than him.

Acceptance is knowing you can't change it and this giving up. It's not feelings.

That's not acceptance.

Acceptance: the quality or state of being accepted or acceptable

Making people shut up or no longer acting on their beliefs is not acceptance. It is a however a form of social control and social tyranny.

You know it's actually kind of sad how people never bother to look up words before they decide to use them or declare someone else is wrong in how they are using them.

Last edited:
That's not acceptance.
Well it's not unacceptable. So yeah it is.

Well it's accepted.

Making people shut up or no longer acting on their beliefs is not acceptance. It is a however a form of social control and social tyranny.
Not being able to act on your beliefs is tyranny. Not wanting to is a choice.

Well it's not unacceptable. So yeah it is.

What evidence do you have of this? Btw, the way you used the word there is wrong. It's not that it is unacceptable on some objective basis, but if it is seen as unacceptable by individual people. You really should keep in mind the discussion you're involved in when you respond. The discussion is not about objective reality, but of opinion.

Well it's accepted.

That's not much of a rebuttal. You don't actually know if it is accepted, do you?

Not being able to act on your beliefs is tyranny. Not wanting to is a choice.

The motivations in which someone decides to not act on their beliefs is a factor. If they don't do it merely because they decide against it is one thing, but if they don't do it because of possible reprisal is another.

It is in fact the motivations in which someone has that are important when speaking towards the subject of acceptance.

Last edited:
That's not acceptance.

Wah,wah,wah,people might get mad if I discriminate against this gay person,this black person,this Jew wah wah wah.

No one is required to be "accepted".
Acceptance is not a right,it has to be earned.
It has to be worked at. There may be struggle and strife attaining it.
The Civil Rights Movement was just as much about Acceptance as it was about Equality.
But it seems you want it handed to you on a silver platter

Once again you make allegations without providing anything to support it.
I don't see anyone here preventing you from stating your mind.
The only thing that would stop you is your own fear of rejection,the fear of not being accetted,the fear of being criticized.
You know ,people who constantly make allegations without the evidence backing it up are usaully refer to as liars,con-artsists,crapstirrers,and crazy.
Just saying.

What evidence do you have of this?

I'd be more careful about asking others to provide evidence if I were you.
You have made several allegations on this thread and provided absolutely no evidence yourself.
Don't be a hypocrite.

What evidence do you have of this? Btw, the way you used the word there is wrong. It's not that it is unacceptable on some objective basis, but if it is seen as unacceptable by individual people. You really should keep in mind the discussion you're involved in when you respond. The discussion is not about objective reality, but of opinion.

That's not much of a rebuttal. You don't actually know if it is accepted, do you?

The motivations in which someone decides to not act on their beliefs is a factor. If they don't do it merely because they decide against it is one thing, but if they don't do it because of possible reprisal is another.

It is in fact the motivations in which someone has that are important when speaking towards the subject of acceptance.

That includes speaking about your motivations also.
Be careful about opening doors you may not want to cross.
Or others to cross through.

Back
Top Bottom