• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why people instinctively do NOT want to wear masks - it's in our dna/we need to breathe

What an absolute, unmitigated crock of ****. Masks don't kill people. If a mask is going to kill someone, that person should be in a hospital. The OP would like us to believe that requiring masks in public spaces represents a desire to kill people who can't breathe while the entire global medical community says we should wear them during COVID.

Don't be lured in by unrepentant idiocy.

Jesus said don't wear a mask.

Did Jesus wear a mask when he healed the leper? Jesus certainly wasn't doing social distance. OMG he TOUCHED a leper, who had a horrific contagious disease:

Jesus Heals a Man With Leprosy
Matthew 8: "When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. 2 A man with leprosy[a] came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”

3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. 4 Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”

What an absolute, unmitigated crock of ****. Masks don't kill people. If a mask is going to kill someone, that person should be in a hospital. The OP would like us to believe that requiring masks in public spaces represents a desire to kill people who can't breathe while the entire global medical community says we should wear them during COVID.

Don't be lured in by unrepentant idiocy.

The part I underlined is false.

People don't want to wear masks because they believe the world revolves around them and they don't want to wear one. Who does?

But the worship of self and the unquestioning belief that one is right is a form self-imprisonment. You see how unhappy the people are who are protesting against this. - brandishing weapons and threatening lives. They are in a prison of their own design. True freedom means walking in other people's shoes, and deciding to wear one because you don't want to put other people in danger. You can't have freedom without responsibility.

The part I underlined is false.

Then let me clarify for you. The credible global medical consensus, without exception, is that people should wear masks during COVID.

My suggestion is that if you don't want to wear a mask because you are afraid to on some primeval level...

Get over it.

If you find using an N-95 mask too hard on your system get a cloth one.

If you can't deal with breathing through a cloth mask due to oxygen deprivation then you're in danger in public right now.

Another reason to not wear a mask, they are worthless as tits on a boar hog for anything other than keep dust out, and cloth masks will not stop your spit if you sneeze.

You need an electron microscope to see China virus, goes right through a surgical or cloth mask.

Last edited:
Did Jesus wear a mask when he healed the leper? Jesus certainly wasn't doing social distance. OMG he TOUCHED a leper, who had a horrific contagious disease:

Jesus Heals a Man With Leprosy
Matthew 8: "When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. 2 A man with leprosy[a] came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”

3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. 4 Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”

And your point is? We're not as good as Jesus. Real controversial opinion there.

People don't want to wear masks because they believe the world revolves around them and they don't want to wear one. Who does?

But the worship of self and the unquestioning belief that one is right is a form self-imprisonment. You see how unhappy the people are who are protesting against this. - brandishing weapons and threatening lives. They are in a prison of their own design. True freedom means walking in other people's shoes, and deciding to wear one because you don't want to put other people in danger. You can't have freedom without responsibility.

Imprison yourself. Stay hiding in your house. Problem solved.

From your source:

"He said he might also go to his office at the National Institutes of Health where he is the only one there. He also will be tested every day, he said, noting he was tested yesterday and was negative.
If he is called to the White House or Capitol Hill, he will go while taking every precaution, he said.

Isn't it lucky that there are enough test kits for HIM to be tested every day. He's super special, you know, not like you. Try to get yourself tested even once a week and see if you can.

And your point is? We're not as good as Jesus. Real controversial opinion there.

:roll: You were the one who brought up Jesus.

Then let me clarify for you. The credible global medical consensus, without exception, is that people should wear masks during COVID.

So you intend to wear a mask for the next however many years - since the "experts" claim that covid-19 is permanently amongst the human race?

From your source:

"He said he might also go to his office at the National Institutes of Health where he is the only one there. He also will be tested every day, he said, noting he was tested yesterday and was negative.
If he is called to the White House or Capitol Hill, he will go while taking every precaution, he said.

Did you read it?

The actual quote:

To err on the side of caution, Fauci said he is doing what he calls a "modified quarantine," meaning he will stay at home and telework, wearing a mask continually, for 14 days. He said he might also go to his office at the National Institutes of Health where he is the only one there. He also will be tested every day, he said, noting he was tested yesterday and was negative.

I mean you had to have caught the bit about wearing a mask... It's right in before the part you quoted.

Or, are you just flat out dishonest?

Last edited:
Isn't it lucky that there are enough test kits for HIM to be tested every day. He's super special, you know, not like you. Try to get yourself tested even once a week and see if you can.

NOBODY can get tested here unless you are showing symptoms. I called the hospital a few days ago to inquire. I asked the nurse when the rest of us could get testing and she said, "you know as much as I do" and I said, "that is not good" and she laughed and said that we will just have to wait. This is in New Zealand run by Jacinda Ardern. The poster lady as one of the best leaders in the world. Living in a different country gives one the ability to stop fixating everything Trump does is bad. We see how things are outside the USA. We also have a very large expat population compared to most of the USA.

Did you read it?

He is the only one there. Maybe you think I wear a mask at home?

The actual quote:

...and the White House will be empty when he is called there for a meeting... with other .. people?

Did you read it?

I spent the better part of my life having to wear a mask, often for hours on end. Everyone realizes that it is an inconvenience for the average person, but when lives depend on it, we should reconsider our selfishness and do what is right. Of course some people have difficulties wearing a mask due to health issues, but those are also the most vulnerable ones. If those of us who are otherwise healthy can wear a mask to protect those who can't, what is the problem?

So you intend to wear a mask for the next however many years - since the "experts" claim that covid-19 is permanently amongst the human race?

Can we get masks surgically attached to our faces?

It's almost as if it's a legitimate national security issue.

Did you read it?

The actual quote:

Gosh, Dr. Fauci reverses himself again - meaning he has now said every statement about masks. Masks are worth. No need to wear a mask or social distance if you tested positive. Now he says all that was just him lying - and claims you should wear a mask even if living alone and while you sleep even. NOW he is claiming a person should wear a mask 24/7 even if totally isolated and never around anyone. All that means is he is a true nutcase and probably has dementia.

...and the White House will be empty when he is called there for a meeting... with other .. people?

Did you read it?

I was being asked if he was going to wear a mask, the quote right before it said he would be.

I said he was going into quarantine, which is the info I Had a the time. The info I posted says he is going into "modified quarantine".

Gosh, Dr. Fauci reverses himself again - meaning he has now said every statement about masks. Masks are worth. No need to wear a mask or social distance if you tested positive. Now he says all that was just him lying - and claims you should wear a mask even if living alone and while you sleep even. NOW he is claiming a person should wear a mask 24/7 even if totally isolated and never around anyone. All that means is he is a true nutcase and probably has dementia.

Go look at japans numbers if you don't believe Fauci's current stance on masks. Those people mask.

I spent the better part of my life having to wear a mask, often for hours on end. Everyone realizes that it is an inconvenience for the average person, but when lives depend on it, we should reconsider our selfishness and do what is right. Of course some people have difficulties wearing a mask due to health issues, but those are also the most vulnerable ones. If those of us who are otherwise healthy can wear a mask to protect those who can't, what is the problem?

You're forgetting that our culture is weak, soft and self centered, so that any inconvenience is always going to be too much of an ask for some.

Back
Top Bottom