• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why not count all of the votes?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
First having politico's in charge of the elections is a great way to cause the general public to doubt the outcome of elections. Each state should develop a law to have non-partisan agencies to oversee elections so that no eligible citizen is kept from voting and that no vote goes uncounted. The problems we have having in Florida, Georgia and Arizona are directly caused by having partisans overseeing our elections. Like everything else, we need professionals overseeing our elections, not elected officials who even if they are doing their jobs correctly can be seen as doing so in a way to help their own party.
Then we need to count all of the votes and not give out numbers until all of the votes are counted and a winner is determined by all of the votes. Piecemealing out the counts as they come out has made for a problem with the public believing the outcome when the vote count swings back and forth between the candidates. Now each party wants the count stopped when their candidate is leading. The public can wait until the count is over and official. And there should be no deadline for the vote tabulation.

Honestly considering the record turnout across the country some slack should be given to the vote counters.
In Florida & Georgia where governor Scott & Deal chose not to invest in any election upgrading systems they should be fined and held on contempt for what's going on.
I think Arizona is practice as usual because they have more mail in ballots.

No, not each candidate wants the count stopped when they are leading, only the democrats want that.m they want to stop counting once they are ahead. We have a day to vote, anything after that day should not be counted.

In Florida & Georgia where governor Scott & Deal chose not to invest in any election upgrading systems they should be fined and held on contempt for what's going on.

Absurd.

Why not count all of the votes?

Because the GOP as a core policy wants as few people to vote and have their votes counted as possible. They've been especially pathetic and transparent this time calling all votes counted after November 11th to be completely illegitimate, forged by a conspiracy of evil liberals. These people have abandoned all sense of reality or respect for the Constitution. Anyone that believes in democracy and our laws should want every single vote counted and not make up unsubstantiated bull**** about fake votes from the other side.

No, not each candidate wants the count stopped when they are leading, only the democrats want that.m they want to stop counting once they are ahead. We have a day to vote, anything after that day should not be counted.

Yawn. That's not how our elections work, and it pleases me to find that this upsets you.

First having politico's in charge of the elections is a great way to cause the general public to doubt the outcome of elections. Each state should develop a law to have non-partisan agencies to oversee elections so that no eligible citizen is kept from voting and that no vote goes uncounted. The problems we have having in Florida, Georgia and Arizona are directly caused by having partisans overseeing our elections. Like everything else, we need professionals overseeing our elections, not elected officials who even if they are doing their jobs correctly can be seen as doing so in a way to help their own party.
Then we need to count all of the votes and not give out numbers until all of the votes are counted and a winner is determined by all of the votes. Piecemealing out the counts as they come out has made for a problem with the public believing the outcome when the vote count swings back and forth between the candidates. Now each party wants the count stopped when their candidate is leading. The public can wait until the count is over and official. And there should be no deadline for the vote tabulation.

Because it illegal to count votes from non citizens.

Everytime I think I have read the dumbest post on this message board, someone surprises me. First, both parties have tried to stop the vote counting. In 2000 and again this year it has been mainly the GOP with the presidential election in 2000 and now in all three states this year. Apparently you don't want the write in votes and especially the military votes to count if you want to know the outcome of elections by the end of election day. Coming from a military family and having been in and voted while in the military, I can say your suggestion is dumb and anti-American.

Because the GOP as a core policy wants as few people to vote and have their votes counted as possible. They've been especially pathetic and transparent this time calling all votes counted after November 11th to be completely illegitimate, forged by a conspiracy of evil liberals. These people have abandoned all sense of reality or respect for the Constitution. Anyone that believes in democracy and our laws should want every single vote counted and not make up unsubstantiated bull**** about fake votes from the other side.

It used to take much longer to count votes in the past.

Everytime I think I have read the dumbest post on this message board, someone surprises me. First, both parties have tried to stop the vote counting. In 2000 and again this year it has been mainly the GOP with the presidential election in 2000 and now in all three states this year. Apparently you don't want the write in votes and especially the military votes to count if you want to know the outcome of elections by the end of election day. Coming from a military family and having been in and voted while in the military, I can say your suggestion is dumb and anti-American.

Ditto

All the votes were counted in Florida and Georgia. Scott, DeSantis and Kemp won. Mandatory recount in FLA to ensure no screwups in the machines as the final tally was close in both states.

Don't think so. The Repubs learned in 2000 that if they could stop the Florida vote in Florida that they could win 5-4 in the Supreme Court. No change. They're trying it again.
/

Don't think so. The Repubs learned in 2000 that if they could stop the Florida vote in Florida that they could win 5-4 in the Supreme Court. No change. They're trying it again.
/

Sounds like you are living in some parallel universe.

All the votes were counted in Florida and Georgia. Scott, DeSantis and Kemp won. Mandatory recount in FLA to ensure no screwups in the machines as the final tally was close in both states.

Actually they are still counting votes in Florida in at least two counties and they have until this Thursday to complete the vote count. Right now they are machine counting all of the votes so far counted, again. After that there will be a hand count per Florida law. Watch something other than Fox News.

Sounds like you are living in some parallel universe.

I don't know what universe you live in, but the message you were replying to is correct as far as the year 2000. The vote on SCOTUS was 7-2 and not 5-4. What did happen is that many Americans felt that the vote in Florida should have been allowed to finish and that Bush was not the "real" president for his entire first term. That decision lead us into two wars, Afghanistan and then Iraq.

I don't know what universe you live in, but the message you were replying to is correct as far as the year 2000. The vote on SCOTUS was 7-2 and not 5-4. What did happen is that many Americans felt that the vote in Florida should have been allowed to finish and that Bush was not the "real" president for his entire first term. That decision lead us into two wars, Afghanistan and then Iraq.

You say that as if you think I was a fan of Bush and approve of the wars in the Middle East. Nuts to that! Maybe don't make assumptions., or just generalize like everyone else does, me included.

You say that as if you think I was a fan of Bush and approve of the wars in the Middle East. Nuts to that! Maybe don't make assumptions., or just generalize like everyone else does, me included.

I never said that you were anything but incorrect in your belief about the 2000 election count in Florida. They were attempting to count the votes at that time and were stopped when a mob, and I do mean a mob, came and entered the building where the vote counting was taking place, to stop the vote by force. The vote was called off to be begun at another time and then the SCOTUS stepped in and gave the election to Bush. Never mentioned who or what you were in favor of. Read my message instead of determining what it said before you started.,

I never said that you were anything but incorrect in your belief about the 2000 election count in Florida. They were attempting to count the votes at that time and were stopped when a mob, and I do mean a mob, came and entered the building where the vote counting was taking place, to stop the vote by force. The vote was called off to be begun at another time and then the SCOTUS stepped in and gave the election to Bush. Never mentioned who or what you were in favor of. Read my message instead of determining what it said before you started.,

Fair enough, I apologize.

Because it illegal to count votes from non citizens.

10,000 people were kicked off the voter rolls in Georgia because they were not citizens, funny thing they were.

IMO voting shouldn't be limited to a day.

Also, mail in ballots, absentee ballots, and other such outliers have to be accounted for.
Depending on the laws in a given state (such as Arizona, I think), mail-in ballots only need be postmarked on election day to count, so it could be few days before they're all in.

IMO voting shouldn't be limited to a day.

Also, mail in ballots, absentee ballots, and other such outliers have to be accounted for.
Depending on the laws in a given state (such as Arizona, I think), mail-in ballots only need be postmarked on election day to count, so it could be few days before they're all in.

I agree that limiting voting to a single day is dumb. Why not make it a week?

Back
Top Bottom