• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why most Americans aren’t seeing any recovery

Mike.Redd

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Great article that i just wanted to share with everyone.

Why most Americans aren’t seeing any recovery | Rare.us

It is stating that even tho the USA is onto financial recovery that still major segments of the population are actually on the rise. Single-mother families are falling into the lowest income group.

William H. Frey, a Brookings Institution demographer says "We're in a selective recovery."

This shows that data from one income group is skewing the over all results to say we are all doing better when we are not. I think this is still an issue and should be put to the front of the media.

It is stating that even tho the USA is onto financial recovery that still major segments of the population are actually on the rise. Single-mother families are falling into the lowest income group.

William H. Frey, a Brookings Institution demographer says "We're in a selective recovery."

This shows that data from one income group is skewing the over all results to say we are all doing better when we are not. I think this is still an issue and should be put to the front of the media.

So it's a distribution of income issue?

Since you mentioned it, is it surprising that single-mother families fall into the lowest income groups?

Since you mentioned it, is it surprising that single-mother families fall into the lowest income groups?

Nope. Child-support isn't taxable income.

Yes, break it down by race, because race is the only metric that matters. Don't bother with asking business owners if government persecution through regulation, etc. has an effect? No need to ask if the highest tax rate in the world has any effect? Freeloaders obviously have nothing to do with America's malaise. Don't ask business owners who have the option to go offshore, why they choose offshore? Not how energy effects every aspect of the economy and how spitting in Canada's eye over the pipeline helps China boom ahead of us. Or how squeezing coal power kills American business in every quarter. Not why the rest of the world is booming, while America languishes? No, only race. Thanks for the divisiveness OP.

Yes, break it down by race, because race is the only metric that matters. Don't bother with asking business owners if government persecution through regulation, etc. has an effect? No need to ask if the highest tax rate in the world has any effect? Freeloaders obviously have nothing to do with America's malaise. Don't ask business owners who have the option to go offshore, why they choose offshore? Not how energy effects every aspect of the economy and how spitting in Canada's eye over the pipeline helps China boom ahead of us. Or how squeezing coal power kills American business in every quarter. Not why the rest of the world is booming, while America languishes? No, only race. Thanks for the divisiveness OP.

Oh dear God, the regulation meme!

I swear if a volcano erupted on Manhattan, conservatives would respond by saying we need to deregulate magma.

Nope. Child-support isn't taxable income.

Child support for most single mothers doesn't amount to much - you say this as if it would accelerate them into the next income bracket, and it wouldn't.

Child support for most single mothers doesn't amount to much - you say this as if it would accelerate them into the next income bracket, and it wouldn't.

Depends on who the baby daddy is. It certainly elevates some of them out the poverty line bracket some of them allege they are victim of.

Back
Top Bottom