• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

why men have difficulty in finding wife ?

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
yes why do you think they cant find although women usually tend to marry and have a family ?:mrgreen:

yes why do you think they cant find although women usually tend to marry and have a family ?:mrgreen:

How do those women manage to marry and have a family without a man (in general)? There must be an equal number of men who manage such.

In some countries and cultures, being a married woman is a really bad deal for her - like asking why do some men have a problem finding a slave for free?

Yesterday in Houston, TX the news said in a survey 59.5 % of the Houston police are single (women included) and 42% of the firefighters are single. I thought most of the police were married but I guess not. I would like to know why other than the obvious risks that go with the job. I think the divorce rate among police is higher than the national average which is understandable.

You may have noticed that men are different than women. ;)

For men, finding isn't the issue. We don't grow up waiting to get married. We don't sit around looking at everyone else's wedding pictures. For the most part we aren't/weren't out there steady looking for a wife from day one. Looking for a woman; looking for a companion; looking for a soft place to fall; looking for a female friend; looking for a lover is not necessarily looking for a wife. In fact, any or all of these activities often are a goal or the goal with no thought of finding a wife.

For men it's often, "I found what I'm looking for, but I ain't through looking." Women rarely feel that way.

My answer, once you recognize I agree wth what ecofarm said below, is based on individual circumstances.....

How do those women manage to marry and have a family without a man (in general)? There must be an equal number of men who manage such.

1. Perhaps they just aren't interested. (They could be homosexual; or heterosexual but simply don't want the burdens they attribute to marriage.)

2. Perhaps they are overly picky. (Desiring certain combinations of looks and personality either hard to come by, or they simply don't rate since they wouldn't meet such a woman's qualifications for the type of man SHE is looking for.)

3. Perhaps they don't think they could find a woman willing to marry them. (Low self-esteem, disfigurement, etc.)

4. Perhaps they think it would limit sexual opportunities. (Bound to one woman, can't experience others.)

5. Perhaps they'd rather live together without being bound by a marriage "contract." (I love you, can't we just share space forever?)

I'm sure people can come up with other reasons.

Back
Top Bottom