• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Mario 3D All-Stars Is A Limited-Time Only Release (& When It Ends)

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Nintendo recently revealed the Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection, a tribute to Mario’s 35[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary, but the collection won’t be available for long, a move that has left fans of the long-running Mario franchise perplexed at the reasoning. However, there’s a strategic reason the developer is only releasing the Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection for a short amount of time, and it likely all comes down to money.

Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection features a variety of the franchise’s greatest 3D hits, including Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy. There were rumors that such a collection would be appearing on the Nintendo Switch circulating earlier this year, and it appears those rumors were correct. Super Mario 3D All-Stars wasn't the only game Nintendo announced with a limited release either, as there is also a new game for Nintendo Switch Online Members titled Super Mario Bros. 35, a battle royale style game that involves 35 players facing off against one another much like Tetris 99, which will only be available to play until March of 2021.

So, people are a bit pissed about this because of just this title.

But this has my alarm bells going big time, this is a massive red flag and it came from Nintendo of all people which hasn't been on the whole, quite as egregious as some of the other big game companies but with mobile stuff, they have started to move in that direction.

This worries me to no end.

What's one of the number one ways, in which someone can sell a product?

Creating urgency.

And this achieves that, it's probably going to sell very well (I already ordered it, so I admit I'm part of the problem).

But I am super, super worried this is going to become a thing in the industry.

Perhaps on platforms like PC it won't be an issue because once the software is out there and the DRM is broken (which it always is) then you can't stop the spread of the game, but on consoles, like the Switch that's a closed system... Oh boy, this could become rife.

Anyway, just a little worried about the implications of this.

What do ya'll think?

And because they will release the three games as standalone later for full prize (and thus all the people suffering from FoMo for not picking up the All Stars in time will buy all three for full prize). Most likely explanation.

I went ahead and ordered it since I missed these games when they originally came out. It also works out to $20 a game, which isn't bad.

I wish scalpers weren't a thing. I have my physical copy though, so it's all good.

So, people are a bit pissed about this because of just this title.

But this has my alarm bells going big time, this is a massive red flag and it came from Nintendo of all people which hasn't been on the whole, quite as egregious as some of the other big game companies but with mobile stuff, they have started to move in that direction.

This worries me to no end.

What's one of the number one ways, in which someone can sell a product?

Creating urgency.

And this achieves that, it's probably going to sell very well (I already ordered it, so I admit I'm part of the problem).

But I am super, super worried this is going to become a thing in the industry.

Perhaps on platforms like PC it won't be an issue because once the software is out there and the DRM is broken (which it always is) then you can't stop the spread of the game, but on consoles, like the Switch that's a closed system... Oh boy, this could become rife.

Anyway, just a little worried about the implications of this.

What do ya'll think?
Wonder if they kept the speed run glitches in 64

Back
Top Bottom