• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Why liberal lefts are neither left nor liberal" - new book of Sahra Wagenknecht (leader of the german left) rips liberal left apart

In politics, you can support good things or bad things; if you support bad things, you're fairly likely to lie about what you support, either intentionally or because you buy into the propaganda from your side.

It's unfortunate how effective lying is, and it's mostly done by the right, because the left can simply say what they're for and the people mostly like it.

One of the favorite lies is to simply do what Karl Rove said he did - attack the strength of the opponent (he didn't say with lies, but with lies). A classic example was when AWOL draft-avoiding Bush was running against Vietnam volunteer John Kerry, Rove organized a campaign to lie that Kerry had lied about his service and behaved badly.

Another classic example is that the left supports helping the poor more while the right is owned by the rich to fight for plutocracy, the people prefer the left's position, so they came up with the phrase "Limousine Liberal" to attack the left as the ones really serving the rich and just lying that they are helping the poor. Unfortunately effective propaganda.

And that's what this is approaching - the modern right is looking for how it can try to appeal to voters, and it's apparently decided that its best con job is to claim it's the party for working people, when it's pretty close to the opposite - and makes the case largely based on 'culture war' social issues some working people agree with them on.

In other words - working people, do you hate trans people and illegal immigrants? Us too! It's trying to get the many voters who are or support 'working class' to redefine the issues from actual economic issues, to 'culture war' issues. Nevermind how they are *screwing* you.

I can't comment on German politics.

But it's sounding like the right has some things similar to the US. These are people with an ideology of hate using con jobs to try to get supporters, like claiming they're the ones for workers. You know, Hitler used the same argument.

Then you have the morals of a murderer, and I do not plan to see another post from you, and suggest everyone who opposes the killing of innocent, desperate people not read you either.

No, i have the morals of a sane man. Evry boat that does not reach our shores is a win for our future.

Let his words speak for themselves. Nothing really left to say.

She doesnt mock. She analyzes the situation and is right in evry point.
Well you do understand that some of the people that post here are the precise people she's talking about. And such people always take contructive criticism as mockery.

They live in that realm of I'm perfect the way I am and I don't need to change for anything mentality.

This book will be wasted on them as with any intellectual evaluation that is not specifically heralding these so-called far left progresses as the most enlightened people ever.

Good on her for calling out the people that identify with her political philosophy.

Well you do understand that some of the people that post here are the precise people she's talking about. And such people always take contructive criticism as mockery.

They live in that realm of I'm perfect the way I am and I don't need to change for anything mentality.

This book will be wasted on them as with any intellectual evaluation that is not specifically heralding these so-called far left progresses as the most enlightened people ever.

Good on her for calling out the people that identify with her political philosophy.

I know that. Thats why they must be either ignored or if they become a risk, must be destroyed. Its quite easy.

Let his words speak for themselves. Nothing really left to say.

No, tell me, what positive effect would it have for Germany to let it millions of uneducated 3rd worlders? Welfare system would crash, rise in islam terrorism and wide spread poverty. Ironicly, the liberal left dont want the migrants in their hood.

No, tell me, what positive effect would it have for Germany to let it millions of uneducated 3rd worlders? Welfare system would crash, rise in islam terrorism and wide spread poverty. Ironicly, the liberal left dont want the migrants in their hood.
If you're asking a leftist they would say it would eradicate the German people over several generations and dissolve the German identity this is a wet dream for these people. They hate that various groups exist in their countries.

I really think it's because they can't resolve the reality that some cultures are able to advance where others are not.

If you're asking a leftist they would say it would eradicate the German people over several generations and dissolve the German identity this is a wet dream for these people. They hate that various groups exist in their countries.

I really think it's because they can't resolve the reality that some cultures are able to advance where others are not.

I know that. Its amazing how crazy they are.

All politics is Identity politics. The greatest coup of the modern right is to convince people that they don't do it also... when they totally do.

All politics is Identity politics. The greatest coup of the modern right is to convince people that they don't do it also... when they totally do.
No all politics is not identity politics. Most policy is not made based on identity. Most policy doesn't even take into consideration identity.

Identity politics is building policy around identity, another word for it that seems to get everyone to squeal his cultural Marxism or for the more layman terms bigotry.

No all politics is not identity politics. Most policy is not made based on identity. Most policy doesn't even take into consideration identity.

Identity politics is building policy around identity, another word for it that seems to get everyone to squeal his cultural Marxism or for the more layman terms bigotry.
Of course all politics is Identity politics.

Moral Majority. The "real" America. The Silent Majority... etc etc.

Policy doesn't get votes... identity does.

Thats exactly her point, people like you believe their pseudo morals can dictate others. But you know what? People rise against it. Im glad we locked borders, im happy about evry migrant boat that goes down in the Mediterranean, there are only two genders, male and female and evrything else is psychosis. And if some hipster fag tries to tell me to become vegetarian or stop flying, he will get his teeth punched in.

Thats the good thing about the liberal left and the woke. They are weaklings and falter when tze working class punchs them to pulp.
Sure you would... 😂

Of course all politics is Identity politics.
I don't know why you people think that if you declare something it supports the statement you made.

Of course it's not
Moral Majority. The "real" America. The Silent Majority... etc etc.
morality isn't identity, and majority is a quantitative word not an identity.

Policy doesn't get votes... identity does.
Policy most of the time doesn't need votes I'm outside of the legislative branch of government.

So I don't know what point you think you're making it isn't evident.

I don't know why you people think that if you declare something it supports the statement you made.

Of course it's not
morality isn't identity, and majority is a quantitative word not an identity.

Policy most of the time doesn't need votes I'm outside of the legislative branch of government.

So I don't know what point you think you're making it isn't evident.
It is all identity. It is making an in group and an out group.

Don't identify with the "left"... they are all cultural marxists... i am certainly not that. I believe in <fill in the blank>

Policy doesn't get votes. Identifying with an in group does.

If anything modern conservatives have supercharged identity politics over policy. Look at their complaints over what the mealy mouthed left is proposing. It is all about Identity.

Politics is about getting electing to power. Best way to get elected... make an in group. Or an identity to sell.

It is all identity. It is making an in group and an out group.
repeating it over and over doesn't somehow make it true.
Don't identify with the "left"... they are all cultural marxists... i am certainly not that. I believe in <fill in the blank>
cultural Marxism isn't an identity it's a political philosophy.
Policy doesn't get votes. Identifying with an in group does.
again making policy does not require votes outside of the legislative branch.

If anything modern conservatives have supercharged identity politics over policy. Look at their complaints over what the mealy mouthed left is proposing. It is all about Identity.
again just because you keep saying it doesn't mean it's true.
Politics is about getting electing to power. Best way to get elected... make an in group. Or an identity to sell.
no holding office is about being elected we don't vote on policy. The legislative branch votes on policy and there's also judicial review and executive approval

Again I don't know what point you think you're making but you haven't made it.

repeating it over and over doesn't somehow make it true.
cultural Marxism isn't an identity it's a political philosophy.
again making policy does not require votes outside of the legislative branch.

again just because you keep saying it doesn't mean it's true.
no holding office is about being elected we don't vote on policy. The legislative branch votes on policy and there's also judicial review and executive approval

Again I don't know what point you think you're making but you haven't made it.
😂

His point is clear and obvious to anyone who's listened to white wing politicians fear monger about the "others".

Well yeah it's false.

And his only support part is he says it over and over and over. That will never make it less false.
You do realize you claiming it's false over and over also doesn't make it so right?

You do realize you claiming it's false over and over also doesn't make it so right?
That's why I didn't just claim it was false over and over I explained why and those explanations weren't addressed or even acknowledged.

That's another nail in the coffin

The new book "The Self-Righteous" of Sahra Wagenknecht is a blast. She is one of germany most intellectual politicians and she is a true, old style leftist.

In her book she says, that the modern so called "liberal left" is neither liberal nor left. She identifies them as a rich academic elite, who have nothing but empty morals. Morals they try to force
on others.

Her core thesis is, that this class looks down on workers and farmers for not sharing their ideology. Left politcs is about class and never about race, gender and diversity.

She mocks the fact, that identity politics create more and more bizarre subgroups to divide society to the pont where it is evryone against evryone.

She mocks libera left feminists who only care about getting more women in high position but give a shit about working class women. She says, that none of those care about the women who clean toilets or train stations. But only care about women as CEO.

She mocks the "open border" madness and makes clear, that a nation can either be a social nation with welfare or be a open border nation. There is no country with open borders that can be a social country.

She mocks their self rightous believe system and their attempt to silence evryone who disagrees with them as "Nazi".

She mocks "friday for future" as rich kids who never had to worry in their lifes who look down on the german coal miner who has tro struggle to get his family through.

She sees light though. More and more society pushs against this bullshit. German courts blast liberal left professors who try to force students to write "gender language". The media start to counter this liberal left bullshit and write against it, even mainstream media does.

The book comes as a blast in Germany, because the liberal left freaks out massive because of it. That it was written by a leftist party leader makes it even worse for them.

Wagenknecht concludes in her book, that it was the liberal left that made Trump president in USA and which brought the far right AfD into german parliament.

She drops the bombshell last, as she concludes, that at least in Germany, she has to admit...that because former left parties who got hijacked by identity politics, the far right has become the only representation that workers have.

I totally disagree with Wagenknechts ideology and the politics she stands for, but i admire her brilliant mind and always did. And i admit, that her thoughts are often right, not just now but also in the past. Unfortunately she is in the wrong party

24424264-1.jpeg

She is one of the dumbest bitches going. No one cares about her here.

That's why I didn't just claim it was false over and over I explained why and those explanations weren't addressed or even acknowledged.

That's another nail in the coffin
You explained it poorly. The white wing party is consumed by identity, it's why I call them the white wing.

Back
Top Bottom