• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Why liberal lefts are neither left nor liberal" - new book of Sahra Wagenknecht (leader of the german left) rips liberal left apart

Rostocker

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The new book "The Self-Righteous" of Sahra Wagenknecht is a blast. She is one of germany most intellectual politicians and she is a true, old style leftist.

In her book she says, that the modern so called "liberal left" is neither liberal nor left. She identifies them as a rich academic elite, who have nothing but empty morals. Morals they try to force
on others.

Her core thesis is, that this class looks down on workers and farmers for not sharing their ideology. Left politcs is about class and never about race, gender and diversity.

She mocks the fact, that identity politics create more and more bizarre subgroups to divide society to the pont where it is evryone against evryone.

She mocks libera left feminists who only care about getting more women in high position but give a shit about working class women. She says, that none of those care about the women who clean toilets or train stations. But only care about women as CEO.

She mocks the "open border" madness and makes clear, that a nation can either be a social nation with welfare or be a open border nation. There is no country with open borders that can be a social country.

She mocks their self rightous believe system and their attempt to silence evryone who disagrees with them as "Nazi".

She mocks "friday for future" as rich kids who never had to worry in their lifes who look down on the german coal miner who has tro struggle to get his family through.

She sees light though. More and more society pushs against this bullshit. German courts blast liberal left professors who try to force students to write "gender language". The media start to counter this liberal left bullshit and write against it, even mainstream media does.

The book comes as a blast in Germany, because the liberal left freaks out massive because of it. That it was written by a leftist party leader makes it even worse for them.

Wagenknecht concludes in her book, that it was the liberal left that made Trump president in USA and which brought the far right AfD into german parliament.

She drops the bombshell last, as she concludes, that at least in Germany, she has to admit...that because former left parties who got hijacked by identity politics, the far right has become the only representation that workers have.

I totally disagree with Wagenknechts ideology and the politics she stands for, but i admire her brilliant mind and always did. And i admit, that her thoughts are often right, not just now but also in the past. Unfortunately she is in the wrong party

24424264-1.jpeg

Sounds like she does a lot of self-righteous mocking for someone criticizing another group for being self righteous.

But of course, she's entitled. I'd rather read the book than someone's interpretation of it.

I look forward someday to seeing an article of any kind describing your massive lib freak out.

Edit to add: I can't find this new book anywhere.

Last edited:
Sounds like she does a lot of self-righteous mocking for someone criticizing another group for being self righteous.

But of course, she's entitled. I'd rather read the book than someone's interpretation of it.

I look forward someday to seeing an article of any kind describing this massive lib freak out that you describe.
She doesnt mock. She analyzes the situation and is right in evry point.

She doesnt mock. She analyzes the situation and is right in evry point.

From your opening post:

Rostocker said:
She mocks the fact

Rostocker said:
She mocks libera left feminists

Rostocker said:
She mocks the "open border" madness

Rostocker said:
She mocks their self rightous believe system

Rostocker said:
She mocks "friday for future" as rich kids

You seem to contract yourself a bit. I have trouble simply accepting your opinion that she is "right in every point" about a book I can't even find, when you seem unsure whether she is even mocking American liberals.

From your opening post:

You seem to contract yourself a bit. I have trouble simply accepting your opinion that she is "right in every point" about a book I can't even find, when you seem unsure whether she is even mocking American liberals.

Im german, i give a shit about american politics. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

Im german, i give a shit about american politics. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

It doesn't clear up any of my points, actually, but thanks for the chat.

Her core thesis is just a rehash of the conservative's culture war. No one cares if the "liberal left", is liberal nor left. What the workers, the farmers and women care about are the programs the Democrats are proposing and the Repubs are obstructing A job and money in the hand is worth more than getting your shorts in a wad over some professor Tucker Carlson is whining about...

That's a weird way to try to avoid his pointing out your contradiction. You said she doesn't mock anyone yet you used the word mock as a verb for her like 15 times in your OP. Who the hell brought up American politics other than you?

I don't think anyone on either side of the Atlantic cares what she has to say. She has no real power in the German government. Also hearing someone from the ultra far right praising someone from the ultra far left makes the rest of us Germans just roll our eyes.

That's a weird way to try to avoid his pointing out your contradiction. You said she doesn't mock anyone yet you used the word mock as a verb for her like 15 times in your OP. Who the hell brought up American politics other than you?

I don't think anyone on either side of the Atlantic cares what she has to say. She has no real power in the German government. Also hearing someone from the ultra far right praising someone from the ultra far left makes the rest of us Germans just roll our eyes.

Here they do care alot. Her book in Bestseller nr 1 and debated in all Media. Even in Stern and Spiegel.

Beside that, you are not German. You dont even speak german

Here they do care alot. Her book in Bestseller nr 1 and debated in all Media. Even in Stern and Spiegel.

Beside that, you are not German. You dont even speak german
I do speak German, I've lived here 14 years and did a bachelors and masters in German at a German university. You're a far right extremist in Germany and you're pretending to care about the opinion of a far left extremist. You don't. The German people find you and your ideology to be abhorrent. Nobody believes you like Wagenknecht. Now's the time for you to go full nazi and tell me to gtfo out of "your" country.

"(leader of the german left)"​

Sort of reduces the relevance to nothing

I do speak German, I've lived here 14 years and did a bachelors and masters in German at a German university. You're a far right extremist in Germany and you're pretending to care about the opinion of a far left extremist. You don't. The German people find you and your ideology to be abhorrent. Nobody believes you like Wagenknecht. Now's the time for you to go full nazi and tell me to gtfo out of "your" country.

Um quite wrong. My party is 2nd strongest in my state and strongest is Wagenknechts party.

Um quite wrong. My party is 2nd strongest in my state and strongest is Wagenknechts party.
And you're polar opposites. You have ideologically nothing in common, you just want to cherry pick when she has some criticism for the rest of the German left and center that doesn't let her do much. What do you think she thinks about the nazi AfD? Do you trust her opinion on that as well?

And you're polar opposites. You have ideologically nothing in common, you just want to cherry pick when she has some criticism for the rest of the German left and center that doesn't let her do much. What do you think she thinks about the nazi AfD? Do you trust her opinion on that as well?

She states her opinion about the AfD in her book. According to her at the moment it is the only worker party in Germany right now. And btw not nazi. AfD is far right patriotic and conservative. It has same programe that CDU had under Kohl.

She states her opinion about the AfD in her book. According to her at the moment it is the only worker party in Germany right now. And btw not nazi. AfD is far right patriotic and conservative. It has same programe that CDU had under Kohl.
So you've read her book and she claims that her own party isn't a worker party? The only thing you guys have in common is you're both outsiders in German politics. Other than your hate for the "insiders", you have literally zero in common.

And if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and acts like a duck, it's a duck.

So you've read her book and she claims that her own party isn't a worker party? The only thing you guys have in common is you're both outsiders in German politics. Other than your hate for the "insiders", you have literally zero in common.

Yes, she claims her own party lost its roots by following gender nonsense, bizarre identity politics and hipster ideology.

That said, being the strongest party in eastern Germany doesnt make us outsiders. AfD dictates politics and causes so much disruption that it brought even Merkels planned sucessor to fail and step back. We also blocked the pet project of the left, for more Budget of public broadcast. Blocked the parity law which wanted more women in politics ect. Quite influential if you ask me.

Yes, she claims her own party lost its roots by following gender nonsense, bizarre identity politics and hipster ideology.

That said, being the strongest party in eastern Germany doesnt make us outsiders. AfD dictates politics and causes so much disruption that it brought even Merkels planned sucessor to fail and step back. We also blocked the pet project of the left, for more Budget of public broadcast. Blocked the parity law which wanted more women in politics ect. Quite influential if you ask me.

It sure seems that way. They’re certainly not “liberal” as they’ve become quite intolerant and totalitarian in their way fo thinking.

Things that used to be pillars of liberalism like free speech and due process have been subordinated to wokeism.

I wouldn’t say they aren’t necessarily “left” because they are also completely unhinged from liberal economist thinking as well.

Since the most woke tend to be the wealthier, and the less wealthy are often the least able to avoid the landmines of the ever-changing definition of “racism” this is perhaps not surprising.

The way things are going it may make sense for (from a US perspective) to split things more into four parties, one for each quadrant of the woke vs. free market dimensions. In my observation the way it tends to go is people tend to rearrange their principles to match their preferred police party’s as opposed to finding a party that matches their principles.

My guess is few long time Democrats pause to consider why they spend so much more time railing about racism and such than they did 20 years ago and so much less time worrying about the working person.

The new book "The Self-Righteous" of Sahra Wagenknecht is a blast. She is one of germany most intellectual politicians and she is a true, old style leftist.

In her book she says, that the modern so called "liberal left" is neither liberal nor left. She identifies them as a rich academic elite, who have nothing but empty morals. Morals they try to force
on others.

Her core thesis is, that this class looks down on workers and farmers for not sharing their ideology. Left politcs is about class and never about race, gender and diversity.

She mocks the fact, that identity politics create more and more bizarre subgroups to divide society to the pont where it is evryone against evryone.

She mocks libera left feminists who only care about getting more women in high position but give a shit about working class women. She says, that none of those care about the women who clean toilets or train stations. But only care about women as CEO.

She mocks the "open border" madness and makes clear, that a nation can either be a social nation with welfare or be a open border nation. There is no country with open borders that can be a social country.

She mocks their self rightous believe system and their attempt to silence evryone who disagrees with them as "Nazi".

She mocks "friday for future" as rich kids who never had to worry in their lifes who look down on the german coal miner who has tro struggle to get his family through.

She sees light though. More and more society pushs against this bullshit. German courts blast liberal left professors who try to force students to write "gender language". The media start to counter this liberal left bullshit and write against it, even mainstream media does.

The book comes as a blast in Germany, because the liberal left freaks out massive because of it. That it was written by a leftist party leader makes it even worse for them.

Wagenknecht concludes in her book, that it was the liberal left that made Trump president in USA and which brought the far right AfD into german parliament.

She drops the bombshell last, as she concludes, that at least in Germany, she has to admit...that because former left parties who got hijacked by identity politics, the far right has become the only representation that workers have.

I totally disagree with Wagenknechts ideology and the politics she stands for, but i admire her brilliant mind and always did. And i admit, that her thoughts are often right, not just now but also in the past. Unfortunately she is in the wrong party

24424264-1.jpeg
We already have too many pseudo intellectual assholes here in America. No need to import any from other countries.

Ouch!!!

Someboy’s gonna need a barrel of burn ointment. (y)

It's almost as if simplistic political labels are only any good for flinging petty insults and selling books.

We already have too many pseudo intellectual assholes here in America. No need to import any from other countries.

Thats exactly her point, people like you believe their pseudo morals can dictate others. But you know what? People rise against it. Im glad we locked borders, im happy about evry migrant boat that goes down in the Mediterranean, there are only two genders, male and female and evrything else is psychosis. And if some hipster fag tries to tell me to become vegetarian or stop flying, he will get his teeth punched in.

Thats the good thing about the liberal left and the woke. They are weaklings and falter when tze working class punchs them to pulp.

Well that got psychotic fairly quickly.

Its not psychotic, its a culture war, but the tide turned. In Germany for example students can now sue their professor of they give them lower grades in case they dont follow that gender gaga and that already has a positive effect, since such liberal leftist professors got removed from office.

Liberal left is something that doesn't exist and is made up by Conservatives who want to claim they are the same thing. The Liberals have never been left.

Back
Top Bottom